Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 08:57 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,974,215 times

Advertisements

I'm a Gay Black male who is getting tired of White people thinking just because they voted for President Obama, they aren't racist! When listening to them talk, they will tell you how much better than they are than the republicans. I think some republicans are racist but not all. Now are they all misguided? IMO Yes lol but that's for another thread. But not all racist. This non sense is just as bad as people claiming gays can't be racist.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:58 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,839,638 times
can gays be homophobic though?

Old 06-05-2013, 09:00 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
I call shenanigans, on multiple levels. Sounds like a RWNJ talking point brought up by either Limpbutt or O'Really.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:01 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,423,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I'm a Gay Black male who is getting tired of White people thinking just because they voted for President Obama, they aren't racist! When listening to them talk, they will tell you how much better than they are than the republicans. I think some republicans are racist but not all. Now are they all misguided? IMO Yes lol but that's for another thread. But not all racist. This non sense is just as bad as people claiming gays can't be racist.
lol, is this the part where people are supposed to come in an coddle you?

Old 06-05-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
can gays be homophobic though?
Yes. Gays can have fear or contempt against the LGBT community.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I call shenanigans, on multiple levels. Sounds like a RWNJ talking point brought up by either Limpbutt or O'Really.
What are you trying to say carterstamp? Who's RWNJ? I'm just bringing up an observation. What are you doing?

Old 06-05-2013, 09:20 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
My buddy and his entire family are Philly raised straight ticket democrats.

His family back in Philly is racist as heck.

Come on now, are you really trying to tell us that predominantly white neighborhoods in urban centers with heavy union, police, fire fighters etc. which vote mostly democratic are some sort of idyllic utopia of racial tolerance? Seriously? LOL.

My racist uncle likes Obama because he's a democrat and he's retired steel union straight tix dem forever, my non-racist aunt hates obama because she's a rwnj and hates every democrat lol.

Sounds like you don't like hearing something truthful that doesn't jive with your own talking points.

P.S. Hillary supporters were called racist in several states when she won them during the 2008 primary.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:22 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Nobody is 'not racist'. Everybody, and I mean every single person on this planet, has a group/type/something that they don't like for one reason or another. Everybody.

I try not to judge people based on skin color.

I'm brave enough to take the Harvard Implicit Association Test (Race IAT) AND to post my results.

It doesn't give a score per se, it just ranks white females, white males, black females, and black males in order of your associations with them on a scale of "more positive" to "less positive".

In my result set, the groups were ranked thusly (in order from more positive to less positive):
  • Black females
  • Black males
  • White females
  • White males
I admit I was surprised. I expected the test to tell me that I was a bit racist. Then again, this test only probes your reactions to positive/negative word association with black and white men and women, not any other races/ethnicities. I imagine if they included other races/ethnicities my results might be different. Who knows. They do have other implicit association tests, but not one that includes all ethnicities at once.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/selectatest.html

Old 06-05-2013, 09:26 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
What are you trying to say carterstamp? Who's RWNJ? I'm just bringing up an observation. What are you doing?
I just noticed you live in Chicago which explains A LOT. (I've lived there too.)

It's a very politically entrenched city with longstanding institutional racism. Papa Daley was a big racist.

Leonard Clark found out the hard way that walking while black through a white dem neighborhood like bridgeport doesn't result in a handshake for a "fellow democrat".

I'm guessing the police departments in NY, Chicago, LA etc. can't possibly be racist either given their political affiliations. Oh snap.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:07 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
Quote:
Yawn ..... the leftwing nutbags are off their meds again

Eric Holder.... is that you?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies