Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 06:03 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,231,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Obama"s actions against privacy of all Americans make what Nixon did look like nothing. Obama and his blind followers are very dangerous. If the liberals don't get on board against him we will not have the freedom to take our country back.
This shouldn't be liberal vs conservative. All of us should be upset at this. Sadly, many of us are not. And many of us were not upset when Bush did it, for the same reasons some of us are not now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 06:04 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,669,995 times
I Fell for it. Obama is the disappointment that keeps on giving. My main reason was about upcoming Supreme Court appointments rather than expecting Obama to do anything different.
What exacerbates the syndrome is that peoples enthusiasm and expectations were so high, that the crash was more severe than the usual, status-quo politician disappointments they were used to.
I am a Greenie and I will never deviate from that again for any dem or repub.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:14 PM

31,124 posts, read 22,161,436 times
The hard left Liberals I know are not very happy with Obama but the still can't stand George Bush. If you look at the score card they are closer than the right or left would like them to be. Were things better in the days of slick willy? I'm beginning to think so

Old 06-07-2013, 06:24 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,662,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Obama is Bush 1/2 (because Obama cut GW Bush's national debt growth rate in half.)

http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

And you're living in a fantasy world because Obama is against supply side tax cuts. For example Mitt Romney wanted to add $6.6 trillion dollars to our national debt with the following tax cuts.

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

Does Obama have Bill Clintons financial responsibility? No.
Is Obama like a republican? Hell no.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:39 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,430,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
This shouldn't be liberal vs conservative. All of us should be upset at this. Sadly, many of us are not. And many of us were not upset when Bush did it, for the same reasons some of us are not now.
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.â€
― James Madison

Obama used fear throughout his campaign and the Obama government officials “trying to create an atmosphere of fear in which the American people would give them more power.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:42 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Obama is Bush 1/2 (because Obama cut GW Bush's national debt growth rate in half.)

http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

You must be the most gullible person alive. Instead of looking at the spin from the article, look at the size of the deficits each year. Are any years deficits less than Bush? Not even close. Plus it is even worse because the first Obama year deficit is understated in that chart.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:02 PM

709 posts, read 657,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I presume you mean Bush examples. Try these:

Tapping American's phone calls without court order warrants.

Tossing American citizens in jail without charges or access to an attorney, merely by labeling them 'enemy combatants.'

Of course, hyping and exaggerating the case for war with Iraq.
Based on actions Obama has taken, some recently and some not so recently, you must have some gigantic balls bringing these points into the conversation.

Most egregiously, your number 2 on the quoted list...Obama has KILLED American citizens without due process, merely by labeling them "enemy combatants", for f***s sake, and you bring up people thrown in jail being reprehensible?!?

At the end of the day, remember this: everything Obama has done, is the same thing Bush started. When you condemn the latter, yet have nothing but praise for the former, you show how blinded by ideology and partisanship you are. Moreover, if you support actions like endless data mining, drone killings, indefinite imprisonment with no charges, or any number of other morally repugnant policies Obama has continued, you are a disgusting human being who, in my opinion, is just as guilty as those implementing and carrying out these policies.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:04 PM

27,205 posts, read 15,378,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
Bush was going after people that called terrorist/suspected terrorists or received calls from them. Obama is going after people that don't agree with him.

Yes, that too.
He considers him his enemies.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:05 PM

27,205 posts, read 15,378,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Yes, unlike conservatives who swallowed hard; closed their eyes; and made excuses for Bush when he acted contrary to the constitution, liberals aren't that hypocritical. That's why liberals are among President Obama's biggest critics in the area of torture, secrecy, drones, Gitmo and other extra-constitutional activities.

Could never even guess, let alone tell that , from any Lib C-D posts.
I don't see it in any of your's either.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:53 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,498,116 times
I didn't like Obama enough to vote for him again, even before this.

That doesn't mean I will jump in bed with the GOP mainstream any time very soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies