Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 09:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i will defend anyone that deserves a defense. on the other hand i will turn away from those that do things that cant be defended. for instance, i will defend obama for going after al qeada and the taliban, i wont defend him for using the ultra nasty tactics he used to win every election he has run.

i do hope you are being sarcastic, if not though then an education is in order. a police state is not about the cops responding to 911 calls, its about the government intruding on your life at all levels, and punishing you for doing or saying things the government doesnt like. its all about government control of your life.
A police state is having a mandatory border patrol check point charlie pull over 100 miles from the border
The last time I got pulled over for this mandatory "check" I told them that they'd find more illegals and cartels on the back roads, not US 77, a nice 4 lane road to the coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 09:57 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
The exceptionally brave young activist who I made mention of was not by any stretch of the imagination easily intimidated, but sadly the OWS movement on the East Coast of North Carolina fell apart around her. I know much more about this woman's character but I believe it's inappropriate to share it here without her permission. Nonetheless I will tell you that this impressive young lady has guts!

Do I personally believe that power is turned over because I ask nicely? No, I believe in the profound words of the famous statesman and social reformer Frederick Douglass, “Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are people who want crops without ploughing the ground; they want rain without thunder and lightning; they want the ocean without the roar of its many waters. The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.”
The same happened with most OWS groups..they fell apart.
I wondered about that seeing it all happened right around the same time all over the country.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:10 PM

33,586 posts, read 18,199,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Everyone who is paranoid is a weed smoker?

At least the people I knew were not, and making that assumption without evidence is dishonest.

If smoking weed is the only way to become paranoid, I would like to see evidence of that.

The word is paranoid, and yes Hitler was paranoid.

I don't see how Hitlers paranoia affected how people fell in love with that monster. It's a non-sequitor argument.

Nor does it say anything about the number of paranoid mentally ill people out there.
I am not talking about paranoid..I wasn't saying Hitler was paranoid.. I am talking about paranoia.. I am saying Hitler was real and it is not paranoia to know that monsters exist. I am using Paranoia as a noun not as a descriptive word.. I know what I wrote and I am saying that paranoia should not be used as looking at crazy radical leaders.. They are real.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:41 PM

998 posts, read 1,216,461 times
We have gone beyond police state to military state!

Old 08-16-2013, 05:03 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,037,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
I do hope you are being sarcastic, if not though then an education is in order. a police state is not about the cops responding to 911 calls, its about the government intruding on your life at all levels, and punishing you for doing or saying things the government doesnt like. its all about government control of your life.
That sums up the platform of the Democratic Party quite nicely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies