Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 07:20 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,668,915 times

Advertisements

I find Target's new commercial, entirely in Spanish, featuring the ula ula song, disturbing. I turned on the closed caption option on my tv and I read the Spanish lyrics, but they are meaningless to me. Does this commercial bother anyone else?

Old 06-08-2013, 07:22 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,646 times
I don't get bothered my commercials. So no.

There are better things to get bothered about.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:26 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I find Target's new commercial, entirely in Spanish, featuring the ula ula song, disturbing. I turned on the closed caption option on my tv and I read the Spanish lyrics, but they are meaningless to me. Does this commercial bother anyone else?
How could you tell the commercial was in Spanish? All I heard was ula ula ula. Is that spanish?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhwC-NIyuX8

Old 06-08-2013, 07:27 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Quote:
Pull the shades, lock the doors and start humming The Battle Hymn of the Republic incessantly.

While we're talking about things we find annoying, I get annoyed and embarrassed by other "Americans" who embrace know-nothingness and revel in their neanderthal ignorance. One of the primary ways this ignorance manifests itself is in absolute hostility to foreign languages being spoken in the United States. Goddamned morons, you make me embarrassed to be American.

For the record, I despise commercials. Conversely, I love remote controls. When one learns the value of the latter, one solves the first problem/annoyance.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:28 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,646 times
Also, it's not entirely in Spanish. The words on the screen are in English. Only the song is in Spanish.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:30 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Pull the shades, lock the doors and start humming The Battle Hymn of the Republic incessantly.

While we're talking about things we find annoying, I get annoyed and embarrassed by other "Americans" who embrace know-nothingness and revel in their neanderthal ignorance. One of the primary ways this ignorance manifests itself is in absolute hostility to foreign languages being spoken in the United States. Goddamned morons, you make me embarrassed to be American.

For the record, I despise commercials. Conversely, I love remote controls. When one learns the value of the latter, one solves the first problem/annoyance.
Actually if one would learn the value of not purchasing a television there would be no need for the latter because the former would not be an issue in the first place.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:35 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Actually if one would learn the value of not purchasing a television there would be no need for the latter because the former would not be an issue in the first place.
True. We just went without it for a week and I didn't really miss it, but there are sporting events I do want to watch and two particular shows, so I do get in line with the other sheep on this one.

I do find it obscene when I see the amount of money fools dole out for televisions. You really have to make a commitment to elevating television to a primary focus in your life when you make those type of monetary commitments.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:35 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
While we're talking about things we find annoying, I get annoyed and embarrassed by other "Americans" who embrace know-nothingness and revel in their neanderthal ignorance. One of the primary ways this ignorance manifests itself is in absolute hostility to foreign languages being spoken in the United States...
I tried to rep you, but couldn't.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:37 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
Quote:
Free market, don't like it, go to...., really nowhere, except maybe Haiti.

Don't buy their product if you don't like it. End of story.

Crappy Chinese merchandise sold in Walmart bother me, therefore I don't buy them.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:59 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
In my area our local cable company runs ads in Spanish with no English translation. WTH? When did native English speakers become insignificant. This isn't Mexico but the U.S. and the majority of us speak English. I am glad I have dish network.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies