Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 12:24 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I believe this is a free country, is it not? So one CAN express dismay about an opposing party, can they not? So you & your ilk were running your ignorant mouths about Obama, yes? How'd that work out for ya?

I wasn't running my mouth about Obama prior to the 2012 election. I knew he would get re-elected because there are far too many ignorant people in this nation. But you're currently running your mouth about how you're going to oust Scott Walker. it aint happening!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 12:30 PM

1,137 posts, read 972,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I don't have a reading comprehension, sorry. My "who?" meant exactly that, who? Never heard of that person. But feel free to post a snotty reply for no reason, it appears that is all you are capable of doing.
Try google.

She is a pretty popular radio host in SE Wisconsin, and I even gave the station.

Snotty replies are only given to those who are mentally incompetent of processing specific information when it is put in front of them.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:51 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
I wasn't running my mouth about Obama prior to the 2012 election. I knew he would get re-elected because there are far too many ignorant people in this nation. But you're currently running your mouth about how you're going to oust Scott Walker. it aint happening!
When did I say I was going to oust Walker? I said I hope they get kicked to the curb. You're far too sensitive.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Try google.

She is a pretty popular radio host in SE Wisconsin, and I even gave the station.

Snotty replies are only given to those who are mentally incompetent of processing specific information when it is put in front of them.
No, she's not. I live in SE Wisconsin. In fact, I'm going to do a random poll & get back to you.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:00 PM

Well, I just asked 10 people I work with if they've ever heard of her. Only one person has heard of her.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:07 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So she was being less than completely honest?
Quote:
No, she covers all abortions.

Read it again.

How could anyone possibly know ALL?
Many abortions were self-induced and many of them resulted in death.
Many were not reported at all.
Good record-keeping was not regular from 1867 to around 1970.

So, did she use some good data, probably, was it exhaustive?
By no means; nor would it have been readily available.

Got anything but spin from the National Right to Life organizations?

Quote:
"Abortion is no longer a dangerous procedure. This applies not just to therapeutic abortions as performed in hospitals but also to so-called illegal abortions as done by physician. In 1957 there were only 260 deaths in the whole country attributed to abortions of any kind…Second, and even more important, the conference estimated that 90 percent of all illegal abortions are presently being done by physicians…Whatever trouble arises usually arises from self-induced abortions, which comprise approximately 8 percent, or with the very small percentage that go to some kind of non-medical abortionist…So remember…abortion, whether therapeutic or illegal, is in the main no longer dangerous, because it is being done well by physicians."

Mary Calderone Director of Planned Parenthood 1960.
You're missing some pretty important bits of information with your data mining: attributed to abortions of any kind...
There were fabrications/falsifications of death certificates as regular practice.

Again, if you have any real interest in the subject, the book When Abortion Was a Crime is chock-full of clearly researched and footnoted information, not data-mined by the RTL organizations.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:09 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Same strategy as the anti smoking pictures mandated by the Obama admin showing damaged organs as a visual, in hopes of convincing smokers to quit.

Dems and Reps using the same tactics.

Any stats on which individuals are claiming the greatest number of abortions? Maybe after a woman has more than a couple of abortions she should be subject to visualization and investigation by family services. Could stop some abuse perpetrated on women by boyfriends and husbands.

Bet there is guiness record walking around somewhere to claim the most abortions. Would be a perfect match for the guy who has 20 something kids by about 13 women. Showcase thses stars as something undesirable by society and regain some of the social pressure that helped control behavior.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
How could anyone possibly know ALL?
Many abortions were self-induced and many of them resulted in death.
She addressed this.

She gives the stats.

Quote:
Many were not reported at all.
Good record-keeping was not regular from 1867 to around 1970.

So, did she use some good data, probably, was it exhaustive?
By no means; nor would it have been readily available.

Got anything but spin from the National Right to Life organizations?
How is the statement from the head of Planned Parenthood NRtL spin?

Quote:
You're missing some pretty important bits of information with your data mining: attributed to abortions of any kind...
There were fabrications/falsifications of death certificates as regular practice.

Again, if you have any real interest in the subject, the book When Abortion Was a Crime is chock-full of clearly researched and footnoted information, not data-mined by the RTL organizations.
They are stating..........just believe us, these are the real stats not the ones Planned Parenthood provided. Do you know why Mary Calderone would want to quote bogus numbers?

Old 06-15-2013, 01:12 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Scott Walker is using his positon to impose his religious beliefs onto the citizens of WI.

This bill will only cost taxpayers money. There will be no difference in the outcome of numbers of aboriton. Walker and the Republicans only want to harass women who have a choice. I can't wait until those old white guys finally die so that we can become a truly free nation!

Quote:
Walker said that God has told him what to do every step of the way, including about what jobs to take, whom to marry, and when to run for governor.
Scott Walker Believes He

Quote:
— North Carolina and Oklahoma — judges have blocked implementation of the requirement amid arguments that such mandates violate doctors’ free speech rights and illegally interfere with the doctor-patient relationship
Read more: Legislation requiring ultrasounds before abortion multiply, but their impact is disputed : Wsj

Old 06-16-2013, 06:02 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
More lies from the left.

Republicans had NOTHING to do with Obamacare. NOT ONE SINGLE REPUBLICAN VOTED FOR OBAMACARE. You can try and spread the blame for your mistake, but it will not work.

Obamacare is the sole and complete responsbility of Democrats and Obama. Republicans had NOTHING to do with it. Period, end of story. Stop lying.
Well, while it is true that in 2010, no Republicans voted for it, it is also true that the plan itself was essentially what the GOP proposed, with all those terrible mandates, back in the 1990s.

But if you want to give all the credit to Democrats, we will accept all the credit. This is from Timothy Egan's column today:

Quote:
A friend of mine has an adult child with cancer, a young man just old enough to be beyond the age of coverage under his parents’ health care plan. After nearly killing him, the dreaded Hodgkin’s lymphoma is in remission. But he’s still a pariah in the eyes of the insurance industry, which means they can deny him a policy that might save his life.

Not for long. In six months’ time, the heartless practice of refusing to let sick people buy affordable health insurance — private-sector death panels, the most odious kind of American exceptionalism — will be illegal from shore to shore.
The early indications are that most Americans will be pleasantly surprised. Millions of people, shopping and comparing prices on the exchanges set up by the states, are likely to get far better coverage for the same — or less — money than they pay now. The law, as honest conservatives predicted, before they orphaned their own idea, is injecting competition into a market dominated by a few big names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies