Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 07:01 AM

2,122 posts, read 3,687,896 times

Advertisements

Hannity's arms must be huge after carrying all of that water for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 07:03 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Interesting. However, I will point out, for fairness sake, that Mr. Franken became a Senator in 2009. It could be argued that after he became a Senator, and actually got 'inside information', that he 'flipped' or 'flopped'.

Of course you would point that out in the interest of fairness. It's the same excuse the current administration has used for backing down on promises to close GITMO, to end the NSA surveillance, etc.

In the interest of fairness, I would contend that if that line of reasoning is being used, it would be completely logical to take it to it's obvious end and extrapolate the fact that maybe, given the choice of the current administration to retain said policies, that Bush wasn't as bad a guy as Democrats tried to paint him to be.

Just following the logic here.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:06 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
However, I will point out, for fairness sake, that Mr. Franken became a Senator in 2009. It could be argued that after he became a Senator, and actually got 'inside information', that he 'flipped' or 'flopped'.

Fun fact,: Bush's NSA director states he is glad that Obama discovered, upon taking office, that things look a whole lot different once you're in the White House, and that he continued Bush's NSA policies. Furthermore, he notes that Obama has been a whole lot more transparent about the whole thing than Bush was.

[Ducking as heads explode and keyboards melt ... I'm sure there will promptly be a cry of outrage to disavow Bush's guy... ]

Bush's NSA director: Obama has been more transparent on surveillance | TPM LiveWire

Old 06-13-2013, 07:08 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Of course you would point that out in the interest of fairness. It's the same excuse the current administration has used for backing down on promises to close GITMO, to end the NSA surveillance, etc.

In the interest of fairness, I would contend that if that line of reasoning is being used, it would be completely logical to take it to it's obvious end and extrapolate the fact that maybe, given the choice of the current administration to retain said policies, that Bush wasn't as bad a guy as Democrats tried to paint him to be.

Just following the logic here.
Sorry if I ruffled your feathers.

I agree: once President Obama got into office, he, by necessity, gained a new perspective, hence he kept many of President Bush's policies. Just like Mr. Bush kept some of Clinton's, etc.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:11 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Sorry if I ruffled your feathers.

I agree: once President Obama got into office, he, by necessity, gained a new perspective, hence he kept many of President Bush's policies. Just like Mr. Bush kept some of Clinton's, etc.

No ruffled feathers at all. Just following the discussion to a logical conclusion. I agree with you. This happens nearly every time administrations change, and only those blinded by a political ideology are incapable of seeing it.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:15 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
So many Lefties are taking things way out of context. I'm not even going to try and explain where they are wrong, it's just not worth the time.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:18 AM

90 posts, read 140,929 times
Hannity= NWO shill

Bush; Patriot Act

Obummer; NDAA

enuf' sed'

Old 06-13-2013, 07:18 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
So many Lefties are taking things way out of context. I'm not even going to try and explain where they are wrong, it's just not worth the time.
Translation: My head just exploded.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:19 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
No we don't. Turn over to "liberal" MSNBC and watch "liberal" Joe Scarborough right now.

Hannity is a total hypocrite as are most Republicans these days. Suddenly being concerned over the Patriot Act, etc. Just a total bunch of morally bankrupt human beings motivated only by hatred of a democratically elected president. They have no good ideas for the country, only fear, anger, and hate.
You forgot, "Stupidity". To me that is the biggest thing that the people like Hannity expose every time they open their mouths. The saddest part is there seems to be millions of equally stupid people who will believe what these idiots say.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:19 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
The same is true of Democrats and their Bots. Wake up!!!!
You're right about that.

Did I just say that? YOU'RE RIGHT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies