Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 10:32 AM

1,137 posts, read 972,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
"forcefed?"

I am perfectly fine with teachers teaching about the major religions of the world and being respectful to those of faith, and those of no faith.
They should be teaching about those major religions in regards to mental health issues, because thats simply all that religion is.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:38 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,367,490 times
as much butt-hurt as Rick causes to the liberal parasites here, Id say hes doing one heck of a fine job.

WAY TO GO, RICK !
BREAK IT OFF IN THE LOSERS FORCED TO LIVE IN LOSER STATES...

Old 06-14-2013, 10:40 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
You should try telling that to the bible thumper groups who lose their collective mud if a nipple makes an appearance on TV or someone drops the dreaded F bomb on radio.
Riiiiiiight. Because we all know that using the Fbomb is EXACTLY the same as saying Merry Christmas.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Riiiiiiight. Because we all know that using the Fbomb is EXACTLY the same as saying Merry Christmas.
If they dont like hearing f bombs, they could always change the channel/station.

If they dont like seeing nipples, they could always watch something else.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:46 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:
If they dont like seeing nipples, they could always watch something else.
Why would someone want to do that? "... watch something else"!

Old 06-14-2013, 10:49 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse from the GOP, Perry to no surprise takes it to a whole new level,....

During an announcement of the signing of the so-called “Merry Christmas Bill,” Texas Gov. Rick Perry and state Senator Robert Nichols (R-Jacksonville) said Thursday that freedom from religion was not included in the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
“I’m proud we are standing up for religious freedom in our state,” Perry said. “Freedom of religion doesn’t mean freedom from religion.”

Texas Gov. Rick Perry: Americans have no right to freedom from religion | The Raw Story
Depends on what "freedom from religion" means. If it means you cannot have religious statues, bible verses, prayers etc in public because someone thinks they should have the freedom to NOT see them, then I agree with Perry 100%. Reading the article, it sounds like that is exactly what he meant, so he has my support.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:50 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
They should be teaching about those major religions in regards to mental health issues, because thats simply all that religion is.
How awesome is this? You just expressed an opinion about faith that is very different from mine in PUBLIC and neither one of us got hurt! Isn't that awesome?

That is exactly what Rick Perry and I both want for all of us. This is great we have reached common ground!

Old 06-14-2013, 10:51 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Question: why is saying "Merry Christmas" so important? And whoever said that anyone was banned from saying it?
For some people (millions) saying Merry Christmas is important. Who am I to question that. Some people want to say something else.

And in Texas, there are some that have big objections to people in public roles saying it.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:52 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Depends on what "freedom from religion" means. If it means you cannot have religious statues, bible verses, prayers etc in public because someone thinks they should have the freedom to NOT see them, then I agree with Perry 100%.
Then let's tax all the churches to pay for the public displays.
You have your own area to put whatever you like in.
Why am I being subjected to your fairy tales in a public space?

Old 06-14-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
How awesome is this? You just expressed an opinion about faith that is very different from mine in PUBLIC and neither one of us got hurt! Isn't that awesome?

That is exactly what Rick Perry and I both want for all of us. This is great we have reached common ground!
Except my opinion is based on fact, and religion is based on fairy tales

The only mention of religion in public schools should be in regards to how it is the biggest scam ever perpetrated on humanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies