Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 11:10 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Men or fathers are important..without them there would be no conception hence no abortion...it's time that men have reproductive rights also. It take two to create new life..BOTH sexes should have equal rights...Males should not be discriminated against regarding reproductive rights...Whether those be the rights to abort or to keep.
And what if the couple do not agree? Who gets the deciding vote?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 11:10 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,170,705 times
Because while both parties are responsible for the pregnancy, only the woman is responsible for the birth. The man has no rights when it comes to the birth, and as I said before, isn't even a father until the government steps in and makes it a crime for the woman to have an abortion after a certain point.

Until then, he's little more than a potential source of income should the woman decide to go through with the birth.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:12 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,170,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Accidents happen, unless you are saying people should only have sex to make children, even if they are married?
That a lotta accidents. A LOT of accidents.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:15 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

Old 06-14-2013, 11:22 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And what if the couple do not agree? Who gets the deciding vote?
They agreed to be a couple...some even agree to enter into formal marriage...and some even agree on what to have for dinner...If two people are in love they will agree to what is best...and in most cases life becomes better for people who have a child...it is an enriching experience and the adventure of a life time...In my case my wife had ONE abortion that I attempted to block.....after all these years I figured out why...it may have been a pregnancy due to an affair...After the abortion she almost immediately got pregnant with my youngest son.

There was a panic on her part - due to what I surmised was the loss of credibility and honor...I communicated with the abortion provider and suggested that I sue him...within hours I had to large cops in my house giving me a pro-choice lecture..This was years ago - What was odd - was when my youngest son was born I attended and assisted in the birth..at the last minute a doctor entered - unknown to him - was the fact that I was the guy who threatened to sue him..It was strange as I watched the abortionist deliver my living son....

You ask who is to get the deciding vote? It would depend on the level of honesty....There was no decision...My wife was losing her mind - It was her choice to safe face and to save herself...oddly if she had continued with the pregnancy - my youngest son would never have been born...Behind most abortions there are reasons that never come to light...such as in my case.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:23 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
oh lookee, regular woman hater chimes in.

Forget that his specialty wasn't OB/GYN (he was a pediatric doctor; general practice)
forget that he probably didn't have women who needed to have an abortion to save her life, because he stopped being a doctor in 1981, the height of anti-abortion sentiment in America and he was a big opponent to abortion.

Yeah in his 36 years, that ended in 1981. Can you provide the statistics of women needing abortion in the 32 years since?

Oh lookee more informed experts say BS:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...walsh/1644839/
http://www.nwlc.org/our-blog/abortio...ons-can-end-it
http://www.arcc-cdac.ca/action/legal...ves-lives.html

Old 06-14-2013, 11:23 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I don't know and it doesn't matter. I know it's been said over and over but there really isn't another answer for you. Do you loose sleep over this question I wonder?

Old 06-14-2013, 11:24 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Sometimes it is about saving face and not saving the mother's life.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:26 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Sometimes it is about saving face and not saving the mother's life.
so? its still none of your business.

a woman could have abortion because that day, there was a rainstorm, and that's all the reason she needed. Still none of your business.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:27 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
Because while both parties are responsible for the pregnancy, only the woman is responsible for the birth. The man has no rights when it comes to the birth, and as I said before, isn't even a father until the government steps in and makes it a crime for the woman to have an abortion after a certain point.

Until then, he's little more than a potential source of income should the woman decide to go through with the birth.
Depends on the situation, when my fiancee and I decide to have a child, I will be more than just a source of income, I will be a loving father and husband for a family that we have planned together.

If this is your outlook on children, then I suggest you shouldn't have sex at all, the risks are too dangerous for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies