Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 03:49 PM

33,012 posts, read 27,566,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Last I checked they don't hunt you down or arrest you unless you're a deadbeat.

If someone ordered to pay child support is not the parent and does not pay, are they a deadbeat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 04:00 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,192,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Women who kill babies are prosecuted for murder, just as men who kill babies are prosecuted for murder.

Having an abortion is a very unpleasant and painful medical procedure.....so no, women do not get off scott-free.

And.....why do you think women are the only ones who benefit from abortion?

Most baby daddys breathe a sigh of relief when baby momma aborts.....as they didn't want to be a father anymore than she wanted to be a mother. Did you ever think about that?
Shouldn't have been having sex then if those two people can't be responsible. A condom combined with birth control combined with the pull-out method is about as close to 100% prevention of pregnancy one can get outside of abstinence. And each of those sources of prevention are easily attainable and achievable.

So what's your excuse now? Condom's aren't free? Birth control is not free? Abstinence is a myth? Therefore no one, nowhere can have sex without getting pregnant?

Fundamental disingenuousness is a hallmark of liberalism. I CAN'T WAIT for you to try to deny what i've spoken here.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:09 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,316,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
-

What is so ridiculous about understanding the original meaning of language? Revisionism of language smacks of ugly Orwellianism. Not long ago no person referred to a baby in early stages of development as a "glob" or a cluster of cells. Not long ago all woman and all men referred to this "glob" as a baby. As I mentioned we are all part of mankind..we no matter what sex are MAN on the planet earth. Some of the men have wombs and others do not. So lets put the parroted sexism aside for a moment.

How do the Fe MALES manage to get pregnant? If they do not want to be pregnant why do they get pregnant? It all gets down to the animal life force and the strong will of the species to survive. The reason nature has it that sex feels so wonderful - is that there is a built in mechanism or drive that ensures we breed. There is no getting around that. What is irksome about the abortion issue is that it is always flavored in a type of sexual racism - Some insist that the FE male is of a different race than the common MALE...and that the female must hate the male and take all rights regarding reproduction away from the male. IF

IF both sexes possessed a womb we would not be having this debate. This is and always was about one sex attempting to hold the other in contempt and to sustain an on going effort to suppress the opposite sex. As they say what ever you hold in contempt long enough - Or what you hate long enough you BECOME.

It is clearly evident that some WOMB men - have become exactly like the perceived oppressive MALES they hate....History has been revised...There is this stupid idea that men of old ALL controlled and suppressed and used females as brood mares...That they did not have tenderness and love for their wives...I really don't think this is true. That historically men have been evil....This is a falsehood...Men for the most part LOVE their mates...so who started this thing that men were evil power mongering slave masters who dominated woman? If there is but ONE case of this being the truth - It does not mean that this is always and has always been the case.???
You might start with accurate etymology. "womb-man", indeed. ::snort::

Quote:
woman (n.)
late Old English wimman (plural wimmen), literally "woman-man," alteration of wifman (plural wifmen), a compound of wif "woman" (see wife) + man "human being" (in Old English used in reference to both sexes; see man (n.)). Cf. Dutch vrouwmens "wife," literally "woman-man."

The formation is peculiar to English and Dutch. Replaced older Old English wif and quean as the word for "female human being." The pronunciation of the singular altered in Middle English by the rounding influence of -w-; the plural retains the original vowel. Meaning "wife," now largely restricted to U.S. dialectal use, is attested from mid-15c. Women's liberation is attested from 1966; women's rights is from 1840, with an isolated example in 1630s.
Source

Old 06-15-2013, 04:10 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,354,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
And a woman never has to allow a man to put his dna in her. What's your point??? Stop whining about people ragging on women about abortions, but turn around and whine about many not supporting unwanted children.
Oh, do show me where I said that, ever ... please.
If you choose to lie because you don't have facts, have the honesty to say that you're making something up.
Otherwise, your credibility is shot.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:22 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,267,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
No they aren't. You just don't like what they show.
I won't bicker endlessly with you or anyone else, but I disagree with their findings because they're pumped up, erroneous, false, not accurate.
I did a search, and could not find any credible sources to back up the OP's claim. That should say something in itself.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:43 PM

18,495 posts, read 19,132,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Shouldn't have been having sex then if those two people can't be responsible. A condom combined with birth control combined with the pull-out method is about as close to 100% prevention of pregnancy one can get outside of abstinence. And each of those sources of prevention are easily attainable and achievable.

So what's your excuse now? Condom's aren't free? Birth control is not free? Abstinence is a myth? Therefore no one, nowhere can have sex without getting pregnant?

Fundamental disingenuousness is a hallmark of liberalism. I CAN'T WAIT for you to try to deny what i've spoken here.

saying yes to sex is not saying yes to pregnancy.

your example of a couple using both the pill and a condom that gets pregnant, like other situations have the right to choice.

an adult touting the "pull out method" please how ridiculous.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:10 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,356,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post

your example of a couple using both the pill and a condom that gets pregnant, like other situations have the right to choice.

*sigh*

May I please just go ahead and apologize for my entire gender here...

Old 06-15-2013, 06:12 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,192,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post

What's wrong with pulling out? Since you have such an aversion to it, I think it's safe to assume that such a practice would not be welcome in your bedroom, thus setting up a perfect example of why liberals and abortion go hand in hand. You folks wouldn't know personal responsibility if if hit you in the head.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:25 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,823,262 times
Originally Posted by hothulamaui

Quote:
What's wrong with pulling out? Since you have such an aversion to it, I think it's safe to assume that such a practice would not be welcome in your bedroom, thus setting up a perfect example of why liberals and abortion go hand in hand. You folks wouldn't know personal responsibility if if hit you in the head.
They can no longer afford personal responsibility; the entire premise of the party line is that a person can be irresponsible, yet not be held accountable in the process. Just look at how many scandals are excused away with "I dunno", and where ignorance equates to a promotion!

Old 06-15-2013, 06:25 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,316,519 times
Quote:
Not to teach you about your own body or contraception or anything, but you do know that pre-ejaculate also frequently contains sperm? So pulling out when you feel impending orgasm may already be too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies