Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 05:11 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I bet she knows how many states comprise the United States of America. Unlike the idiot you undoubtedly voted for. Twice.
"We must stand with our North Korean allies."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 05:18 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I am too tired to argue with you. But thats a nice fish on your profile page.

I made up the following myself a while back,

"Theres no such thing as a liberal or conservative when theres a big fish on the line."

Chad.
It is a photo of the world's record size King salmon at 97.25 pounds, caught by Les Anderson of Soldotna, AK.

The Story of the World Record King Salmon | Fish with JD

The biggest King I have personally caught was only 44 pounds, but I do not like the "combat" fishing on the Kenai River, so I choose smaller rivers with smaller Kings. I prefer to eat Reds, but catching Kings are a lot of fun.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:27 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
I made a mistake presenting that source, please see post #56.

Thank you,
Chad.
We know Chad, we know you were wrong, that's why we pointed it out to you a few times.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:27 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Try to pay attention. I'm Canadian. It says so right there, in black and white, in the top right corner.
I'm glad you pointed that out actually. That makes your opinion 100% irrelevant. Now I have a reason to completely disregard you while you make a complete fool out of yourself.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:29 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
"We must stand with our North Korean allies."
At least she's not in control of anything but the minds of liberal morons everywhere.

Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - YouTube

Old 06-15-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'm glad you pointed that out actually. That makes your opinion 100% irrelevant. Now I have a reason to completely disregard you while you make a complete fool out of yourself.
Well, knock yourself out disregarding me! No skin off my nose. I'll still post my opinions, whether you approve of them or not.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:33 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The flight in 2001 departed from Paris for Miami. Back then no airport checked passenger's shoes. They still do not do so in the EU or most non U.S. domestic airports for that matter.
And they shouldn't bother checking shoes today. The x-ray machines cannot detect bombs in shoes, well they can if they are metal. Removing shoes is purely for show, the rest of the world realises this and allows passengers to keep footwear on their feet, where they belong.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
I am under the impression that the Patriot Act created the NSA. Or perhaps it allowed the NSA to be created?

Patriot Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

National Security Agency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And the creation of roads allowed Clyde Barrow to get away so many times.

We are discussing whether or not spying on American citizens has done more harm than good. So far we have no proof that it's done any good.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:35 PM

I DO wish Bible Spice would throw her hat in the ring for 2016. What a wealth of comedic fodder! I miss that.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:38 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
From the Heritage Foundation (and may I say I agree with them.)

"While three of the 50 known plots were foiled by luck or the quick action of the American public, the remaining 47 were thwarted due to the concerted efforts of intelligence and law enforcement."

"The fact that the United States has not suffered a large-scale attack since 9/11 speaks to the country’s counterterrorism successes."

"Increased domestic security has made it harder for terrorists to plan and carry out attacks."

"The U.S. must not only continue its reliance on existing counterterrorism and intelligence tools, such as the PATRIOT Act, but also enhance cooperation among federal, state, and local authorities, (as well as build mutual trust and partnerships with Muslim communities throughout the U.S.)"

50 Terror Attacks Foiled Since 9/11

And yes, When someone pointed it out (I) brushed it off as some sort of dishonesty on the part of the Heritage Foundation which couldn't be less true.

The above was not done on purpose, It was an accident and I stand corrected.

Chad.
Now you must prove as to why the government must trample on our rights and spy on every single citizen to accomplish this. And then you must argue if you can come up with a reason, whether or not it's worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies