Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 05:00 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times

Advertisements

I was going to put this in the Americans are cowards thread, but decided it would get more attention on it's own. He makes more sense than all politician's combined.

Government Spying: Should We Be Shocked? by Ron Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 05:14 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
You'll note that Paul doesn't try and defend Graham by noting that politicians on the other side of the aisle also defends the intrusions into our private lives.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:19 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
No suprise again. tin foil hat anyone?... I thought everyone was already aware of this but I am glad to see it is in everyones face again.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:19 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You'll note that Paul doesn't try and defend Graham by noting that politicians on the other side of the aisle also defends the intrusions into our private lives.
Which makes Ron Paul just as bad a partisan hack as the rest of them. Where were our dear RWNJ friends when Bush was president? If I recall, only an extremely small segment of the right, mainly the anarchists, were protesting the Patriot Act and such. Now that a black Democrat is president, they are all in an uproar trying to Watergate him. Course, now most of the fake left that was protesting Bush all fell quiet because of Obama's pretty smile, and his blackness. Can't offend the first black president, so let's toss out all of our principles, they say.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:30 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Which makes Ron Paul just as bad a partisan hack as the rest of them. Where were our dear RWNJ friends when Bush was president?
Ron Paul constantly complained about his actions. Ignoring history does not make a good argument. He voted against the Patriot Act. He tried to get the extension stopped.

Quote:
If I recall, only an extremely small segment of the right, mainly the anarchists, were protesting the Patriot Act and such. Now that a black Democrat is president, they are all in an uproar trying to Watergate him. Course, now most of the fake left that was protesting Bush all fell quiet because of Obama's pretty smile, and his blackness. Can't offend the first black president, so let's toss out all of our principles, they say.
Paul broke with his party by voting against the PATRIOT Act in 2001;

Political positions of Ron Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You could learn a lot from Ron Paul.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:30 AM

164 posts, read 197,753 times
Quote:
Which makes Ron Paul just as bad a partisan hack as the rest of them. Where were our dear RWNJ friends when Bush was president? If I recall, only an extremely small segment of the right, mainly the anarchists, were protesting the Patriot Act and such. Now that a black Democrat is president, they are all in an uproar trying to Watergate him. Course, now most of the fake left that was protesting Bush all fell quiet because of Obama's pretty smile, and his blackness. Can't offend the first black president, so let's toss out all of our principles, they say.

You can get butthurt all you want and use the race card like a truly brainwashed simpleton, but many people were clamoring against the USA Patriot Act (including the Independent Bernie Sanders in the senate) far before BO came along, including normal citizens.

In fact, I wasn't even an adult when the US Patriot Act was enacted. A lot of youth is behind the current drive for restoration of constitutional rights and limited government which were too young to fully understand the complex nature of the infringements/laws and to even vote in the first place.

Both parties are on the same team putting on wonderful display of feigned outraged against each other. They differentiate GOP/DNC with issues like "pro/against gay marriage, equal pay, higher/lower taxes" and are lockstep on eroding liberties, expanding military influence and spending the entire population into mountainous debt.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:02 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
No suprise again. tin foil hat anyone?... I thought everyone was already aware of this but I am glad to see it is in everyones face again.
Why do you have a problem with this?

Old 06-14-2013, 06:22 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Oh brother the libertarians and the left were both speaking out against the patriot act during Bush. Funny thing happened when Obama took office it became ok to the left. The libertarians were against it then and are against it now, we did not follow the lefts hypocrisy.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:34 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,918 times
I like this. I'm not a Ron Paul supporter, but on this issue I agree with him.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:41 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Oh brother the libertarians and the left were both speaking out against the patriot act during Bush. Funny thing happened when Obama took office it became ok to the left. The libertarians were against it then and are against it now, we did not follow the lefts hypocrisy.

The left sure does love to lump us Libertarians in with the neocons don't they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies