Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 11:48 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,527,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Just as there are certain places you wouldn't visit in Mexico, there are certain areas of Chicago you wouldn't want to be in. That will not deter me from visiting either place.
Same here. I'm not worried about visiting most of the parts of Mexico that I've gone to before, nor am I worried about travelling to Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 11:53 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Same here. I'm not worried about visiting most of the parts of Mexico that I've gone to before, nor am I worried about travelling to Chicago.
Many people who are posting rarely, if ever, go to Mexico or Chicago. I've been to both many times.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:56 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Um....there's a news item every week about the 'youths' attacking people in Chicago.

They're so cute, aren't they?

The Dems are setting themselves up for big time failure in the not so distant future. The more Mexicans they let into the country, the sooner the demise of the party happens.
Net illegal immigration has been increasing each year, since forever, regardless of who sat the oval or held the majority of both houses. The trend reversed when the economy went on the skids. If Republicans had been remotely serious about reversing the historical trend, one would have thought holding the senate majority from 1981-2009 and House majority from 1997-2007 would have been a good time to have done something to cause a different outcome.

Why did they not take action?

On yesterday's Meet the Press, Lindsay Graham made clear there will be a breakthrough and immigration will pass, this year.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:00 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ever wonder how a city can have 95% of their murder victims be minorities, I think something like 75% are black....and not have a huge public outcry with marches and condemnation of the cities policies and (in)action?

Can't rock the boat....

(I think Sharpton has complained a bit actually but he got his knuckles rapped)
Well it isn't whites murdering these minorities. You can rock the boat all you want. You can complain about inadequate policing, and then when the city responds, you can complain about living under a police state. At the end of the day, the city can't do much for the most affected neighborhoods if the moral health of those neighborhoods doesn't improve. In this day and age of political correctness and racial sensitivity, we're not allowed to openly state the obvious: values matter.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:02 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Net illegal immigration has been increasing each year, since forever, regardless of who sat the oval or held the majority of both houses. The trend reversed when the economy went on the skids. If Republicans had been remotely serious about reversing the historical trend, one would have thought holding the senate majority from 1981-2009 and House majority from 1997-2007 would have been a good time to have done something to cause a different outcome.

Why did they not take action?

On yesterday's Meet the Press, Lindsay Graham made clear there will be a breakthrough and immigration will pass, this year.
Yes because the liberals do not want jobs for the inner city poor. It's more profitable to bring in many millions of illegals who will work those jobs more cheaply and are more docile.

Why help the inner city types with employment? Jobs for any foreigners who want them, nothing for American citizens. Liberals are the biggest hypocrits going.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes because the liberals do not want jobs for the inner city poor. It's more profitable to bring in many millions of illegals who will work those jobs more cheaply and are more docile.

Why help the inner city types with employment? Jobs for any foreigners who want them, nothing for American citizens. Liberals are the biggest hypocrits going.
So liberals are pro corporate slave wages??? Because that is who benefits from that cheap labor

Old 06-17-2013, 12:06 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Chicago is bigger but it's not really in LOL territory.

The area patrolled by the SPVM (Montreal police) has 2 million people. Chicago PD's area has 2.7 million.

Chicago had 500 murders in 2012. Montreal had about 35.
The city of Montreal has 1.65 million people. The city of Chicago has 2.7 million people. Chicago's urban area has over 9 million people while there are 3.8 million people in Montreal's. So, yes...lol.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
The city of Montreal has 1.65 million people. The city of Chicago has 2.7 million people. Chicago's urban area has over 9 million people while there are 3.8 million people in Montreal's. So, yes...lol.
LA has more people, yet less homicides.

Still, Chicago is nowhere near the most violent US city.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:08 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
So liberals are pro corporate slave wages??? Because that is who benefits from that cheap labor
And Obama? Dirt cheap labor is his reasons for wanting to reward all the illegals with a big amnesty and the fast past to USA citizenship. Why else is he making it so easy for corrupt greedy employers to bring in illegals rather than provide work visas or hire Americans?

Old 06-17-2013, 12:10 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
LA has more people, yet less homicides.

Still, Chicago is nowhere near the most violent US city.
So what? I don't recall mentioning Los Angeles in my post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies