Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 08:33 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,689,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post

Link: Oh, my: Obama’s approval rating drops eight points in one month « Hot Air

It's pretty shocking that he still has a 45% approval rating. Tells you a lot about the ignorance of the American electorate. It's hard to blame the electorate, however, when the media acts as the propaganda wing of the Obama administration and the Democrat Party.

Anyway...it's progress.
That's because too many people look at Obama as if he were the president of planet Mars, so they do not associate Obama with his unpopular policies or his administration. They think the Martian president flies in to make speeches, and do TV interviews, and then flies back to Mars. How on Earth could we possibly hold the president of Mars accountable for the things going on here on the Earth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Interesting that everyone is acting like uneducated voters is a new thing. Uneducated voters voted in Obama, and uneducated voters voted in Bush. I'd say about 80% of America could be considered low information voters. Of the 20% or so that pays attention*, it probably splits evenly between liberals, conservatives, and moderates.

*I don't consider the retired old guy that forwards chain emails and listens to Limbaugh to be educated. He just pays attention. I don't consider the young college student that watches Colbert and Stewart to be educated either.
Most of my family members, siblings, parents, etc... are uneducated, low information voters. They get their news by watching Letterman, Maher, Colbert and Stewart, and whatever liberal spin comes from the three broadcast networks and their cable stations.

I can't even have a conversation with most of them about current events, because they cannot discuss anything past what they read in a headline. Sound bites and headlines, that is the extent of most peoples knowledge about our government and politics. They are lucky if they know which political party controls the house or senate. But they still think it's their patriotic duty to vote, even though their knowledge about the issues and candidates could not fill a thimble.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:11 AM

26,546 posts, read 15,116,847 times
Is Obama losing young voters? | WashingtonExaminer.com

Obama now is underwater in some polls with young voters.

Young voters are still more likely to approve of his job performance than other age groups, but here is an interesting kicker...

...The young voters are now more likely to disapprove of Obama's handling of the economy than the nation as a whole.

I guess all of those young voters living in their mother's basements and underemployed are starting to lose patience with a "recovery" where the employment rate shrinks.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Is Obama losing young voters? | WashingtonExaminer.com

Obama now is underwater in some polls with young voters.

Young voters are still more likely to approve of his job performance than other age groups, but here is an interesting kicker...

...The young voters are now more likely to disapprove of Obama's handling of the economy than the nation as a whole.

I guess all of those living in their mother's basements and underemployed are starting to lose patience with a "recovery" where the employment rate shrinks.
I think that down tick was because all news networks and publications were actually covering the news, the scandals, going on in this administration. As soon as they ignore it all, and go back into Obama protection mode, the polls will climb back up, and the president from Mars will be above 50% once again.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:33 AM

7,520 posts, read 5,765,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
His approval is subject to a floor of about 40%. 95% of blacks will support him no matter what he does or doesn't do - so that puts him at 13%. 70% of Latinos will support him no matter what he does or doesn't do - so that puts him at probably 25%. And then you have white liberals who long ago sold their objectivity and patriotism down the river, which brings Obama's approval floor up to around 40%.

In other words, he's sinking about as low as possible.
It's all about racism.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:07 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,580,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Yeah, these polls pretty much sink his chances of a re-election.

Obummers is done, he's out of there in 2017 and the Obamatards can't do a damn thing about it.

Palin/Bachmann 2016!!!

Restore freedom to America!!!
You really do hate this country don't ya?

Old 06-18-2013, 10:08 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,129,026 times
Well, then he won;t be re-elected then, will he?

...Oh wait...

Old 06-18-2013, 11:40 AM

26,546 posts, read 15,116,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Well, then he won;t be re-elected then, will he?

...Oh wait...
Are you actually trying to argue that a president's popularity (or lack thereof) has never influenced his ability to pass legislation or influenced his party in midterm elections or even influenced the next presidential election?

That seems a pretty naive position to hold.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:44 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,968,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Are you actually trying to argue that a president's popularity (or lack thereof) has never influenced his ability to pass legislation or influenced his party in midterm elections or even influenced the next presidential election?

That seems a pretty naive position to hold.
Well, he voted for Obama twice, so naive is an apt adjective for him.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:24 PM

78,536 posts, read 60,718,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
their polling data does not match that of the most recent election, how hard is that for you to understand ?
You do realize it's June of 2013 right?

The amount of bizarre denial I'm seeing here reminds me of the rwnjs claiming Romney was going to win in a landslide a week before the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies