Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 04:58 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
After reading the story I realized how stupid and reckless she is.

Yep, based on her own confession, she should be found guilty of a civil infraction and fined $5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 04:58 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Good for her but her actions have now left her open to a lawsuit from this criminal. He'll be in jail and she'll be paying him.
Any judge who would grant him even the time of day needs his friggin head examined. He got what he deserved. Now let him sit in jail and tell the other inmates how he got owned by a woman despite being armed. They will have a field day with him in the mess hall.

Old 06-17-2013, 04:59 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yep, based on her own confession, she should be found guilty of a civil infraction and fined $5.
I'd call child protective services on her.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:01 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,089,786 times
Quote:
So chasing a dangerous criminal while you have two small children with you = good parenting???

I can't believe you guys are defending this women. Our society is really messed up.

You must be a NJ/NY politician, or a criminal.

A criminal that just threatened harm and lives with a knife while inside your car, gets run down while outside the car, by a 2 ton vehicle. The likelyhood of him getting hit, getting up, chasing a car down, opening the doors, is pretty unlikely. And it didn't happen, she was successful, so good for her.

I think you meant to say "I can't believe I'm defending a criminal that tried to rob and threated a woman and two children. Our society is really messed up."

Old 06-17-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Any judge who would grant him even the time of day needs his friggin head examined. He got what he deserved. Now let him sit in jail and tell the other inmates how he got owned by a woman despite being armed. They will have a field day with him in the mess hall.

The unfortunate thing is that this does happen. We need more judges and lawyers to tell people to shut up with their frivolous, self created lawsuits. Unfortunately everyone wants to make a quick buck at a victims expense and the lawsuits continue. I know this firsthand.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:03 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
I'd call child protective services on her.
Don't have children, huh?

Old 06-17-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
You must be a NJ/NY politician, or a criminal.

A criminal that just threatened harm and lives with a knife while inside your car, gets run down while outside the car, by a 2 ton vehicle. The likelyhood of him getting hit, getting up, chasing a car down, opening the doors, is pretty unlikely. And it didn't happen, she was successful, so good for her.

I think you meant to say "I can't believe I'm defending a criminal that tried to rob and threated a woman and two children. Our society is really messed up."
So you have no problem with a mother chasing dangerous criminals when she has small children with her.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
So you have no problem with a mother chasing dangerous criminals when she has small children with her.
Correct. I have no problem with a mother chasing a down a criminal that is on foot, while she is in a 2 ton vehicle with the ability to speed away.

You keep on harping on this woman "endangering children". You do see the irony that you are more concerned with the mom in a relatively safe situation, than the criminal that endangered children and an adult, with a knife.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:06 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
So chasing a dangerous criminal while you have two small children with you = good parenting???

I can't believe you guys are defending this women. Our society is really messed up.

Well gee-wiz Don Draper, how about you go live somewhere where the right of creeps like this to threaten kids with a knife is respected.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Correct. I have no problem with a mother chasing a down a criminal that is on foot, while she is in a 2 ton vehicle with the ability to speed away.

You keep on harping on this woman "endangering children". You do see the irony that you are more concerned with the mom in a relatively safe situation, than the criminal that endangered children and an adult, with a knife.
No irony, I'm not in the least bit concerned about the criminal, but I think it's trashy and reckless to chase after dangerous criminals when you have a 2 year old and a 5 year old with you, but you seem to think that's a great family outing. Oh well, to each his own.

Personally, I would never play vigilante while I have a 2 year old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies