Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2013, 05:55 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times

Advertisements

What is the difference between US and a police state?
It was put in place 8-15 yrs. ago, but it is now being implemented by Obama. They weren't allowed to talk about it before. Now they are coming out in the open.

AT&T to Load iPhones With Emergency Alerts From Obama – That You Can’t Switch Off

Even the Washington Post describes it like something out of Orwell’s 1984. The FCC has approved a presidential alert system. Obama may soon appear on your television or call your cell phone to warn you about the next specious al-Qaeda underwear bombing event.

Commissioners voted last week to require television and radio stations, cable systems and satellite TV providers to participate in a test that would have them receive and transmit a live code that includes an alert message issued by the president. No date has been set for the test, according to the Post.

“The Federal Communications Commission today took action to help pave the way for the first-ever Presidential alert to be aired across the United States on the Nation’s Emergency Alert System (EAS),” the FCC announced on February 3 in a press release. “The national test will help determine the reliability of the EAS system and its effectiveness in notifying the public of emergencies and potential danger nationwide and regionally.”

In addition to your cell phone, the government wants to take control of your internet broadband in the event another phony terror attack threatens the homeland.

Lisa Fowlkes, deputy chief of the Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau of the FCC, told FederalNewsRadio on Monday that the FCC is looking at how wireless broadband could also enhance the EAS as part of a recommendation that was in the FCC’s National Broadband Plan from last year. The idea is to hijack broadband and the internet for emergency alerting propaganda with the “Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS) being developed by FEMA and the wireless industry,” according to Fowlkes.

Flashback: Obama Launches Total Takeover of Media System | Pakalert Press
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 05:58 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Who do you think they will censor?

Obama Launches Total Takeover of Media: Emergency Alert System - YouTube

Old 06-17-2013, 07:35 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Well, in a police state, people are routinely snatched up and jailed (or worse) for voicing dissent to the government, or for not following orders. As one example, see the people who were jailed in North Korea for not crying believably when Jim Jung Il died.

In the US, lunatics like Alex Jones are free to post videos of their paranoid ravings on the Internet for everyone to watch.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:42 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Will he send smoke if you don't have a phone? LOL Thar's no way i will own a cell phone and i gave up the hard wire too. You want me you send smoke or a e-mail. I find this BS most entertaining..

I don't want to hear from Obama anyway. If he wants he can-email me. If he isn't sending be 100 million bucks i don't want to hear it anyway.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:46 PM

50,813 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Frankly, I would like a warning before something happens and don't see it as that much different than taking over the TV airways for emergency alerts like we've been doing for years. To me this is just keeping up with newer technology for the Emergency Alert System. I see no reason to think they are going to use it for anything but a serious threat.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:33 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,765,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
It was put in place 8-15 yrs. ago, but it is now being implemented by Obama. They weren't allowed to talk about it before. Now they are coming out in the open.

AT&T to Load iPhones With Emergency Alerts From Obama – That You Can’t Switch Off
Did you save this as a draft when you joined in 2011? And of course you can switch alerts off.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:37 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,765,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Frankly, I would like a warning before something happens and don't see it as that much different than taking over the TV airways for emergency alerts like we've been doing for years. To me this is just keeping up with newer technology for the Emergency Alert System. I see no reason to think they are going to use it for anything but a serious threat.
It went in to effect August last year. What's cool is I have a GoPhone with no money on it that screams when there's a severe weather alert. Makes a very nice weather radio with no monthly fees.

You can turn off the alerts. But if you turn on any alert then the presidential alert feature is also turned on. You can't have another type of alert on without the presidential turned on. But you can turn them all off if you wish.

It can be quite a surprise when you get the first alert if you don't know the phone has that enabled. The GoPhone isn't a smartphone but it's a feature phone and I think works better than my smartphone for this.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:43 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post

stupid sheep - YouTube

Please stop voting.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:52 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

stupid sheep - YouTube

Please stop voting.
That was great..... That is exactly how these sheepole are too.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

If you are a shepople just give up all your rights, Trade them away for cheap govt security. Who knows maybe the govt will give you a new Fiat or something

Old 06-17-2013, 08:59 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
That was great..... That is exactly how these sheepole are too.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

If you are a shepople just give up all your rights, Trade them away for cheap govt security. Who knows maybe the govt will give you a new Fiat or something

Whatever it takes, just as long as that vicious dog goes away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies