Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 12:20 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times

Advertisements

Yet, the majority of liberals or democrat voters on this forum denounce that the government has been exposed for secretly monitoring and the collection of citizens information in disregard to the 4th amendment.

They call the man who exposed this a traitor. But a traitor is one who gives aid to the enemy or enemy of the state. So is that to say the people of the U.S.A are now the enemy of the state?

Yes I have seen a select few conservatives call this man a traitor also, those that tend to be a neo conservative. But by far the vast majority who are denouncing this man seem to be liberals aka democrats.

Hypocrites

I can't listen to the national anthem without a sense of sarcastic thought now, "home of the brave and land of the free" should be reworded to "home of the apathetic and land of select freedom".

Enemy Of The State - Trailer - (1998) - HQ - YouTube

Here is a quote spoken by a democrat once upon a time, Thomas Jefferson

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
"

And here is a quote spoken by a democrat today, Bloomberg

"“But we live in a complex world where you’re going to have to have a level of security greater than you did back in the olden days, if you will. And our laws and our interpretation of the Constitution, I think, have to change.”

Bloomberg Says Interpretation of Constitution Will

Notice he didn't say that our constitution will stand strong against any kind of challenge or the constitution will stand strong against terrorism ...he said it's interpretation might have to change.

So Cheney, Obama and Bloomberg all excuse this spying, and I listen so often to neo conservatives and liberals bash each other, when in fact it is the pot calling kettle black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 12:24 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times
You must be reading some insane right wing propaganda. I haven't seen any democrats denounce Snowden. The right wingers on the other had are, the patriot act and crapping all over the constitution are the GOP's staples.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:32 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Go read any of the snowden threads. Liberals despise him for showing dear leader the tyrant that he is.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:33 PM

744 posts, read 1,091,965 times
Because we liberals are smart enough to realize that the NSA has been doing these things since 1952.

Do conservatives all of a sudden want to dismantle our intelligence/national security/data collection apparatus? Yeah, right. Sure they do.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:36 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,447,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
They call the man who exposed this a traitor. But a traitor is one who gives aid to the enemy or enemy of the state. So is that to say the people of the U.S.A are now the enemy of the state.
He's not a traitor for exposing the domestic snooping... he's a traitor for giving classified info to China and Hong Kong (and I'm sure more countries to follow) regarding our international espionage.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:37 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
You must be reading some insane right wing propaganda. I haven't seen any democrats denounce Snowden. The right wingers on the other had are, the patriot act and crapping all over the constitution are the GOP's staples.
Actually I am basing my opinion from this very forum and its members. Read any thread regarding this situation and the known liberals or democrat posters almost always say "hang him high" as a traitor. I would give names to these posters but that would be against the rules I believe, but scan the threads like I have and it all shows to be clear. A good start would be here.....

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...o-traitor.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ns-moscow.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l-charges.html

Old 06-23-2013, 12:39 PM

709 posts, read 656,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Clearly, you aren't paying attention then.

The OP is wrong about this being a partisan issue though; it is big-government statists vs those who value their privacy and don't want to live in a surveillance state. Party affiliation has nothing to do with it.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:40 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Because we liberals are smart enough to realize that the NSA has been doing these things since 1952.

Do conservatives all of a sudden want to dismantle our intelligence/national security/data collection apparatus? Yeah, right. Sure they do.
In 2008 impeachment articles were brought against Bush.
Among the charges were NSA spying on Americans as an abuse of power and violation of the Constitution.
Today they defend the spying.

Liberals only care about who is in the Oval Office.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:41 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
The liberals are champions of their party.
Whatever the party says on an issue then that is their stand.
And if the party changes its mind then so do the liberals.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:44 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
They call the man who exposed this a traitor. But a traitor is one who gives aid to the enemy or enemy of the state. So is that to say the people of the U.S.A are now the enemy of the state?
Spying on US is one thing, but what makes Snowden guilty of espionage is the fact that he handed over confidential information to China, and now he is doing the same in Russia, and he also leaked confidential information of our allies such as UK. That is not a liberal vs conservative issue. I don't think you can call yourself a conservative if you condone such crimes. The guy crossed the line when he leaked the information to foreign governments. He should have stopped after leaking the Verizon issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies