Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 12:46 PM

13,618 posts, read 21,425,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Because we liberals are smart enough to realize that the NSA has been doing these things since 1952.

Do conservatives all of a sudden want to dismantle our intelligence/national security/data collection apparatus? Yeah, right. Sure they do.
What I expect is the bill of rights to be adhered to it is the supreme law of the land. The end does not justify the means under our law. It may make things more difficult to get things done, but ultimately it is a better security for us than this brand of trading our freedom away for select security that Cheney and Bloomberg propose.

I expect this situation exposed to happen in countries like Russia, China, Cuba and Bahrain, not here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 12:50 PM

13,618 posts, read 21,425,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rso092 View Post
Clearly, you aren't paying attention then.

The OP is wrong about this being a partisan issue though; it is big-government statists vs those who value their privacy and don't want to live in a surveillance state. Party affiliation has nothing to do with it.
You are right of course. As I mentioned I did see some who lean conservative also call this treason or him a traitor, but as I read the thoughts of posters I was surprised by how many who are liberal progressive take the opinion that the guy was a traitor.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:04 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,606,602 times
Well, you thought wrong.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,225,377 times
Quote:

The OP is wrong about this being a partisan issue though; it is big-government statists vs those who value their privacy and don't want to live in a surveillance state. Party affiliation has nothing to do with it.
Actually I think the OP nailed it.

When Bush was President, the left wingers moaned and groaned against the Patriot Act, they celebrated wikileaks, and people who leaked information as heros.

now they are traiters, and the Patriot Act, even in its expanded form, is there to protect us, and if we arent doing anythign wrong, then we have nothing to hide.

Lefties, full of hypocrites.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:11 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,116,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Yet, the majority of liberals or democrat voters on this forum denounce that the government has been exposed for secretly monitoring and the collection of citizens information in disregard to the 4th amendment.
Actually, it was a extremely liberal writer, Glenn Greenwald who wrote the expose. On the issue of Snowden you can find "liberal" opinions here and throughout the media going all across the board on this issue, which leads me to the opinion that this is nothing more than one of the daily right wing troll treads.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:13 PM

7,529 posts, read 5,780,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually I think the OP nailed it.

When Bush was President, the left wingers moaned and groaned against the Patriot Act, they celebrated wikileaks, and people who leaked information as heros.

now they are traiters, and the Patriot Act, even in its expanded form, is there to protect us, and if we arent doing anythign wrong, then we have nothing to hide.

Lefties, full of hypocrites.
they also took what Bush did and made it much much worse.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:18 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:

This.

There are plenty of big government statists on both the left and the right.

I didn't support the domestic spying crap when Bush was doing it, and I don't support Obama doing it either.

Sure there are some partisans who were opposed to it when Bush did it, but defend it now; just as there are some partisans on the right who supported domestic spying when Bush was doing it, but are expressing outrage about now.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:20 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
You must be reading some insane right wing propaganda. I haven't seen any democrats denounce Snowden. The right wingers on the other had are, the patriot act and crapping all over the constitution are the GOP's staples.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:24 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,779,820 times
Huh *******s 2008

Old 06-23-2013, 01:25 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,116,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
they also took what Bush did and made it much much worse.
Actually the Congress took what Bush did and imposed the a warrant requirement. So you are wrong on both counts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies