Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 04:27 PM

226 posts, read 230,099 times

Advertisements

Obama's friend who was the ghostwriter for his autobiography 'Dreams Of My Father' has turned on Obama in a interview with 'RealClearPolitics'. The domestic terrorist who launched Obama's political career out of his house isn't happy at Obama's policy on using drone attacks. He claims Obama is committing acts of terror. Listen to what Ayers has to say:

Terrorist Bill Ayers: Try Obama For War Crimes - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 04:30 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
seeing as Ayres never wrote Obama's book, who cares what he has to say?

Old 06-18-2013, 04:30 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Well there goes the Communist International.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:31 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times
So, the domestic terrorist defines who is a war criminal.

Rich!

Old 06-18-2013, 04:38 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Freedom, introspection, irony—is it any wonder, then, that “Dreams from My Father” is the latest Obama project to be targeted by the right wing? Since the Presidential campaign, rumor has circulated among certain constituencies that Bill Ayers was the real author of “Dreams,” but recent comments (read: jokes) made by Ayers have fueled the fire. According to Washington Monthly, National Journal discussed the matter with Ayers at a recent book fair:
When [Ayers] finished speaking, we put the authorship question [on “Dreams from My Father”] right to him. For a split second, Ayers was nonplussed. Then an Abbie Hoffmanish, steal-this-book-sort-of-smile lit up his face. He gently took National Journal by the arm. “Here’s what I’m going to say. This is my quote. Be sure to write it down: ‘Yes, I wrote “Dreams from My Father.” I ghostwrote the whole thing. I met with the president three or four times, and then I wrote the entire book.’” He released National Journal’s arm, and beamed in Marxist triumph. “And now I would like the royalties.”
Bill Ayers, Ghostwriting Mastermind? : The New Yorker

It was clearly a joke. The right wingers, who don't know from jokes, took it as gospel.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:49 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Freedom, introspection, irony—is it any wonder, then, that “Dreams from My Father” is the latest Obama project to be targeted by the right wing? Since the Presidential campaign, rumor has circulated among certain constituencies that Bill Ayers was the real author of “Dreams,” but recent comments (read: jokes) made by Ayers have fueled the fire. According to Washington Monthly, National Journal discussed the matter with Ayers at a recent book fair:
When [Ayers] finished speaking, we put the authorship question [on “Dreams from My Father”] right to him. For a split second, Ayers was nonplussed. Then an Abbie Hoffmanish, steal-this-book-sort-of-smile lit up his face. He gently took National Journal by the arm. “Here’s what I’m going to say. This is my quote. Be sure to write it down: ‘Yes, I wrote “Dreams from My Father.” I ghostwrote the whole thing. I met with the president three or four times, and then I wrote the entire book.’” He released National Journal’s arm, and beamed in Marxist triumph. “And now I would like the royalties.”

It was clearly a joke. The right wingers, who don't know from jokes, took it as gospel.

Ok, now that you've shown us something completely irrelevant, would you care to actually opine on the topic at hand? Or is that too much hard work to ask of a non-American who thinks he's got us conservatives all figured out?

Old 06-18-2013, 04:51 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Ok, now that you've shown us something completely irrelevant, would you care to actually opine on the topic at hand? Or is that too much hard work to ask of a non-American who thinks he's got us conservatives all figured out?
Trust me............ignore is a very good thing.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:56 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
He is opining on the topic at hand. Bill Ayres as claimed in the TITLE of this thread was never the ghost writer on Obama's book.

and the rest is just nonsense relating from an erroneous claim.

also, who GIVE a rat patootie about what Ayer's claims?

Old 06-18-2013, 04:56 PM

226 posts, read 230,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post

Author Jack Cashill deciphered Ayers writing style and text in 'Dreams of my Father'.
In New Book Jack Cashill Proves that Bill Ayers Ghost-Wrote Barack Obama’s Memoir | NewsReal Blog
Jack Cashill - Did Bill Ayers Write Obama’s “Dreams”? (Part 1 of 3)

And don't forget this from Obama's literary agent when they promoted Dreams as recent as 1997.

Screenshot of Dystel & Goderich's author bios page from 2003, from Wayback Machine

Old 06-18-2013, 04:58 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
Author Jack Cashill deciphered Ayers writing style and text in 'Dreams of my Father'.
You mean the same Jack Cashill that brags on his blog about getting fake awards from fake law schools? That Jack Cashill?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies