Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 09:01 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,137,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeking View Post
^ Hardly rioting to buy cars. It's desensitizing the culture to believe this police state we see is the norm. In short subtle subliminals that are legal and accepted into modern culture. Not to mention, these pop stars didn't get there because they have immense talent, it's because they were easy to market-ie auto tuned Britney Spears, into bidding their dues.
I think your point may be true. I mean, what other reason would there possibly be? Someone please tell me? I can understand why they would create virtually every other ridiculous theme in that absurd ad, well, the black and white tangled snakes is creepy too, but someone please explain to me the riot police?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
It's just really slick art. Kind of modern with a blade runner edge...I am surprised that they did not have Robert Palmer's models doing a dance...this is actually kind of dated. There is no conspiracy. If there is a high ranking secret elite...WE created them in our minds...and those who were nobodies must just love it that we made legends of a bunch of European business guys we call the Illuminati...
I couldn't care less about some crazy conspiracy, I want to know what is "slick" about Riot Police in Riot Gear? How does that make you, Oleg Bach want to buy a Lexus?

Old 06-21-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Maybe the advertising company who put the ad together has ties to law enforcement? What if the owner's son has recently been killed as a police officer? What if? There could a million and one scenario's as too why police officers are in this video (a video I've never watched and do not plan on).
Then how the hell can you comment on it? Thanks for wasting my time with your laziness.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:04 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,312,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I understand the desire to go for a younger demo; hippier, edgier, trendier, etc. How is showing riot police in full riot gear doing any of that? P.S. I know nothing about the Illuminati, a co-worker forwarded this to me. I'm more interested in trying to understand why Lexus has riot police in their add.

Prison Planet.com » New Lexus Ad Campaign Filled With Illuminati Symbolism
I had to watch it twice before I noticed riot police, which was a scene that flashed on the screen for a second....I guess you could also say, why is it followed by a shark?

It just looked like a Lady Gaga inspired commercial, nothing more.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I had to watch it twice before I noticed riot police, which was a scene that flashed on the screen for a second....I guess you could also say, why is it followed by a shark?

It just looked like a Lady Gaga inspired commercial, nothing more.
Except for the riot police that you mentioned, correct? Why would riot police make you, urbanlife78, wanna buy a Lexus?

Old 06-21-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Except for the riot police that you mentioned, correct? Why would riot police make you, urbanlife78, wanna buy a Lexus?
A Lexus is an overpriced Toyota, so I wouldn't buy one to begin with. The video it self is a designer made video. Why are their black and white snakes on the car, does snakes make you want to buy a Lexus? It is the same thing, there are plenty of random things in the video, none of it really matters....though technically it does matter because I am talking about it and that is the point of advertising.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
A Lexus is an overpriced Toyota, so I wouldn't buy one to begin with. The video it self is a designer made video. Why are their black and white snakes on the car, does snakes make you want to buy a Lexus? It is the same thing, there are plenty of random things in the video, none of it really matters....though technically it does matter because I am talking about it and that is the point of advertising.
I find the snakes odd too, but I can see how they could tie into the other ridiculous black and white images as they are hip and trendy, I guess. Do you think riot police in riot gear are hip and trendy? Does anyone?

Old 06-21-2013, 09:15 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,322,322 times
Quote:
Why are their black and white snakes on the car,
Representative of the four-level interchange in Los Angeles.

The ad also shows the docks in L.A. Harbor, the Wilmington refinery and the 405 freeway. And a bald eagle. All signs of capitalism. But I highly doubt the people who are looking for the Illuminiti and worried about commies under the bed care. Brilliant ad. Beautifully photographed.

Anyone who doesn't like it (or understand it) is welcome to search for Little House on the Prairie reruns on cable.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

The ad also shows the docks in L.A. Harbor, the Wilmington refinery and the 405 freeway. And a bald eagle. All signs of capitalism. But I highly doubt the people who are looking for the Illuminiti and worried about commies under the bed care. Brilliant ad. Beautifully photographed.

Anyone who doesn't like it (or understand it) is welcome to search for Little House on the Prairie reruns on cable.
That is what I took from the commercial, I don't see the point in dwelling on an image that was on the screen for a second. I am sure the only one who can answer the question the OP is asking would be the director of the commercial.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

It must be hard being so much smarter, hipper and enlightened than us ignorant rubes. Oh yeah, I bet you look like a model too?

P.S. It looks like a bad Lady Gaga video; although that is redundant.

I notice you comletely ifnored the riot police in riot gear; y'know, the thread topic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies