Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 06:18 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times

Advertisements

I understand the desire to go for a younger demo; hippier, edgier, trendier, etc. How is showing riot police in full riot gear doing any of that? P.S. I know nothing about the Illuminati, a co-worker forwarded this to me. I'm more interested in trying to understand why Lexus has riot police in their add.

Prison Planet.com » New Lexus Ad Campaign Filled With Illuminati Symbolism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 06:43 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Stupid ad, stupider article.

They need to stick with Bonjour:

Bonjour! Je t’adore. C’est a aujourd’hui et toujours, my amor
How about me?
And it’s un, deux, trois, quatre give me some more of that
Cinq, six, sept, huit, I think that you’re really sweet
Je t’adore, je t’adore, je t’adore
S’il vous plait

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Lf6rvNX-JdQ

Old 06-21-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Stupid ad, stupider article.

They need to stick with Bonjour:

Bonjour! Je t’adore. C’est a aujourd’hui et toujours, my amor
How about me?
And it’s un, deux, trois, quatre give me some more of that
Cinq, six, sept, huit, I think that you’re really sweet
Je t’adore, je t’adore, je t’adore
S’il vous plait

Lexus Commercial - May 26, 2013 - YouTube
It's more than stupid, the add is downright creepy. What is the point of having police in riot gear in a car ad?

Old 06-21-2013, 07:44 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
Cuz it's just soooo great that it's almost criminal. So what though? I'd say it more of a lady gaga video ripoff than anything. Welcome to the world of marketing man.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:54 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
It's more than stupid, the add is downright creepy. What is the point of having police in riot gear in a car ad?
People who spent way too much time playing records backwards listening for secret messages.

Us here at The Group think that the ad is stunning. Shooting in black and white with a montage of images juxtaposing monochromatic elements to intersperse between shots of an all white car with black rims with just an dash of occasional color.

Sweet!

As the ads says, "If you want a response make a statement."

They made a statement...if it doesn't speak to you, maybe you aren't the customers that they are looking to target.

Last edited by ovcatto; 06-21-2013 at 08:02 PM..

Old 06-21-2013, 08:03 PM

742 posts, read 678,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
People who spent way too much time playing records backwards listening for secret messages.

By the way, us at the Group think that ad is stunning. As the ads says, "If you want a response make a statement." They may a statement, if it doesn't speak to you, maybe you aren't the audience that they are looking to target.
You and your "Group think" think that it is stunning? It could give someone a seizure. Despite medical issues,

Targeting trendies who have no idea what the symbolism is. The "police state" clip snuck into there goes to far. Desensitizing a culture through symbolism, just as those Beyonce and Gaga videos and shows present.

Quote:
Not only does it ad to the complete homogenization of popular culture but it subtly tells you who owns these multinational conglomerates.
Prison Planet.com » New Lexus Ad Campaign Filled With Illuminati Symbolism
But uh, feel free to keep supporting those multinational conglomerates like the good little slaves you are! Yay, go go go originality, me me meeeee!!! *covers one eye with hand*

Last edited by truthseeking; 06-21-2013 at 08:33 PM.. Reason: stunning fixed

Old 06-21-2013, 08:10 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeking View Post
You and your "Group think" think that it is studdning? It could give someone a seizure. Despite medical issues,
Apparently.

PS - "The Group" is a pseudonym for my small production shop, we work collaboratively with writers, graphic designers, still and motion picture photographers. Group think is absolutely the last thing that we are interested in.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:

Us here at The Group think that the ad is stunning. Shooting in black and white with a montage of images juxtaposing monochromatic elements to intersperse between shots of an all white car with black rims with just an dash of occasional color.

Sweet!

As the ads says, "If you want a response make a statement."

They made a statement...if it doesn't speak to you, maybe you aren't the customers that they are looking to target.
Okay, trendy hipster, you tell me; what "statement" does police in riot gear make? How does that make you (their target market, apparently) wanna buy a Lexus.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Apparently.

PS - "The Group" is a pseudonym for my small production shop, we work collaboratively with writers, graphic designers, still and motion picture photographers. Group think is absolutely the last thing that we are interested in.
Yet, I bet every single one of you are far lefties. Gotta love the irony. Back on topic: how do police in riot gear sell cars? I'm serious.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:25 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Yet, I bet every single one of you are far lefties. Gotta love the irony. Back on topic: how do police in riot gear sell cars? I'm serious.
It depends upon where you are coming from and how you view the ad. It may not help them sell a single car at all. However, it might be a symbolism for their cars are selling so fast, they need police in riot gear to quell the upsurge in buyers "rioting" to get their cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies