Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 09:23 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,132,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That is what I took from the commercial, I don't see the point in dwelling on an image that was on the screen for a second. I am sure the only one who can answer the question the OP is asking would be the director of the commercial.
Then what was the point of putting it in there in the first place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 09:25 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,300,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Then what was the point of putting it in there in the first place?
I don't know, you will have to ask the director to know the reasoning behind it, I am sure it is something as stupid as "they are the fashion police and the car is like an unstoppable shark."

Old 06-21-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
I don't know, you will have to ask the director to know the reasoning behind it, I am sure it is something as stupid as "they are the fashion police and the car is like an unstoppable shark."
I think you're being too kind.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
I think you're being too kind.
Too kind to what? The commercial is clearly centered around fashion, and fashion police is a real term in the fashion world.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Too kind to what? The commercial is clearly centered around fashion, and fashion police is a real term in the fashion world.
Uh..............you just came up with this theory in this post, you had never mentioned it before. Besides I have always thought of the fashion police to be trendy gay men in stylish clothing, not some gestapo state police in riot gear. I was wrong, you're not too kind, you're grasping for straws.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Uh..............you just came up with this theory in this post, you had never mentioned it before. Besides I have always thought of the fashion police to be trendy gay men in stylish clothing, not some gestapo state police in riot gear. I was wrong, you're not too kind, you're grasping for straws.
Then tell us what your theory is? Also, maybe police swat clothes are in style right now in the gay world, it isn't something I keep up with. Also, sorry I didn't mention fashion police in my first post, I didn't think of that in the beginning.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Then tell us what your theory is? Also, maybe police swat clothes are in style right now in the gay world, it isn't something I keep up with. Also, sorry I didn't mention fashion police in my first post, I didn't think of that in the beginning.
I think it's to desensitize us to seeing police in riot gear; to make it "no big deal" for when the time comes.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
I think it's to desensitize us to seeing police in riot gear; to make it "no big deal" for when the time comes.
That sounds about right, the point of commercials is to see what you want to see, and it sounds like that is what you see, so it must be right.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:02 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,122,677 times
I didn't see any riot police...

Old 06-21-2013, 10:04 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,352,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeking View Post
You and your "Group think" think that it is stunning? It could give someone a seizure. Despite medical issues,

Targeting trendies who have no idea what the symbolism is. The "police state" clip snuck into there goes to far. Desensitizing a culture through symbolism, just as those Beyonce and Gaga videos and shows present.

But uh, feel free to keep supporting those multinational conglomerates like the good little slaves you are! Yay, go go go originality, me me meeeee!!! *covers one eye with hand*
Oh for ford's sake, change the channel if it's such a problem.
I haven't watched commercials for over 10 years, it's been nice.

Has someone tied you down and forced you to watch the ad?
If not, it's stupid outrage.

Geez, you do have some control over your life.

Last edited by chielgirl; 06-21-2013 at 10:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies