Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 03:27 AM

233 posts, read 239,127 times

Advertisements

Obama is one big mistake. When I thought we could not get any worse than Bush, this guy proves he has no idea what he is doing. He lacks respect for the free market and the way it works. A start would have been to allow for increase competition and allow insurance companies to sell across state lines. I agree with some of the bill such as not allowing companies to drop people but this is a disaster. It needs to be repealed.

Obamacare Causing Nearly Half Of Small Businesses To Freeze Hiring: Poll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 03:33 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,246,149 times
Romoney the 47%.

53% stayed home, and didn't vote.

53% of the job creators who received tax breaks for about 10 years didn't create that many jobs at all, and amassed greater wealth.

Republicans continue to alienate women and minority voters, and have no solutions to any problems and continue to repeal EPA regulations and attack women's rights.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:45 AM

233 posts, read 239,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Romoney the 47%.

53% stayed home, and didn't vote.

53% of the job creators who received tax breaks for about 10 years didn't create that many jobs at all, and amassed greater wealth.

Republicans continue to alienate women and minority voters, and have no solutions to any problems and continue to repeal EPA regulations and attack women's rights.
I did not like Romney either. Quick question. Why whenever it is brought up how terrible Obama is all that is ever brought up is how bad a person with a "R" is? The same question for republicans...tell me why whenever how bad Bush was all you can do is divert the question to "this democrat is this, or did this". Is it really any wonder we are in the position we are in?

So women's rights are now birth control? Listen, I think we should not be covering erection pills for men or birth control for women. How about people buy them on their own! The EPA regulations are over the top under Obama.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:18 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,171,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ropes1981 View Post
I did not like Romney either. Quick question. Why whenever it is brought up how terrible Obama is all that is ever brought up is how bad a person with a "R" is? The same question for republicans...tell me why whenever how bad Bush was all you can do is divert the question to "this democrat is this, or did this". Is it really any wonder we are in the position we are in?

So women's rights are now birth control? Listen, I think we should not be covering erection pills for men or birth control for women. How about people buy them on their own! The EPA regulations are over the top under Obama.
I can handle birth control drugs for women, provided for a medical reason. Being pregnant would cause medical harm, and there are in fact OTHER uses for birth control meds that have nothing to do with birth control, and can see them being prescribed for those reasons also.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:20 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,767,735 times
Many small businesses didn't have insurance before ObamaCare. Hiring is done on the need to fulfill growth of the business or to fulfill contracts. Adding another payroll fee is just going to be passed onto the consumer like every other payroll increase. BFD.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:34 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Many small businesses didn't have insurance before ObamaCare. Hiring is done on the need to fulfill growth of the business or to fulfill contracts. Adding another payroll fee is just going to be passed onto the consumer like every other payroll increase. BFD.
Don't worry. When the "job creators" stop acting like babies and crapping in their Depends at every little change that happens, they'll start hiring again. Americans are such ****ing pansies sometimes. I mean, look at what happened when Bernanke said that the Fed is going (or thinking) of slowing QE down. Dow takes a significant hit. If that's not the typical American bedwetting, then I don't know what is. No wonder we need our guns, we're scared of anything and everything that moves

Old 06-22-2013, 04:43 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Obama is one big mistake. When I thought we could not get any worse than Bush, this guy proves he has no idea what he is doing. He lacks respect for the free market and the way it works. A start would have been to allow for increase competition and allow insurance companies to sell across state lines. I agree with some of the bill such as not allowing companies to drop people but this is a disaster. It needs to be repealed.

Gee, I would have guessed a good bit more than 40% of small businesses were owned by Repubs. Not so, huh?

Old 06-22-2013, 04:45 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,657,563 times
Quote:

Obamacare was modeled after governor Mitt Romney's Massachusetts health care system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massac...th_care_reform

If Obama was stupid enough to copy Mitt Romney's health care ideas (perhaps there will be problems.)

Old 06-22-2013, 04:51 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Obamacare was modeled after governor Mitt Romney's Massachusetts health care system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massac...th_care_reform

If Obama was stupid enough to copy Mitt Romney's health care ideas (perhaps there will be problems.)
It wasn't even Romney's idea to begin with. It was the New Gingrich era RNC that came up with what we call today, "Obamacare". The issue is not Obamacare, the issue is the Republicans don't want Americans to believe that we have a right to healthcare.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:38 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,657,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It wasn't even Romney's idea to begin with. It was the New Gingrich era RNC that came up with what we call today, "Obamacare". The issue is not Obamacare, the issue is the Republicans don't want Americans to believe that we have a right to healthcare.
True.

But perhaps the biggest problem here is republicans clearly see problems with Obamacare, but republicans will no longer take part in fixing America's problems. Instead republicans will only attack democrats, so they can get their supply side tax cuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies