Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 02:13 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,905 times

Advertisements

Those individuals who voted Bush into the White House must feel like Horse manure right now, particularly about the direction (down hill fast) he has taken not only the United States, but the entire World. Although those voters who put Bush into office seem to always put on a good "game face" in public, they have to be totally humiliated, disgraced and regretful about not only their association with Mr.Bush, but also their decision to put him into office.

Again, I was pondering if any of you have any sympathy for these individuals and the depressed state of mind they must be in right now.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:19 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
Not really, I have sympathy for those that did NOT vote for this guy, but have to suffer the consequences and most of all, will have to PAY for the consequences.

Those that voted for him for the fist time and wised up and did not vote for him the second time, maybe... but those who voted for him again??? No. They are the kind of people that will vote for someone just because a certain label is attached to them, be it "christian" or "conservative" or whatever... obviously Bush is none of the things he claimed he would be (remember the "uniter" LOL?).

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Nope. The information about him was out there. It wasn't so easy to find, but we are responsible for our actions.

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
The same question can be asked about those who voted in the democrats to have majority in the congress and senate..
Many promises were made and none of them have been kept.....
I say vote against anyone who currently holds office and fire the whole bunch of them. Hold them accountable for dismal performance.
As politicians it is there job, their proffesions to be able to find compromise. They have failed. As our elected reps it was their jobs to listen to the voters.
They have failed. Its time to fire them...

Old 11-06-2007, 02:31 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
First time around voters for Bush, maybe.

Second time around voters for Bush, absolutely not.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:38 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
A loaded question, not really justified for debate, but....

I would have forever felt like horse manure if I voted for John (I voted this way before I voted that way) Kerry. And that is the 100% truth!

Old 11-06-2007, 02:39 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Those individuals who voted Bush into the White House must feel like Horse manure right now, particularly about the direction (down hill fast) he has taken not only the United States, but the entire World. Although those voters who put Bush into office seem to always put on a good "game face" in public, they have to be totally humiliated, disgraced and regretful about not only their association with Mr.Bush, but also their decision to put him into office.

Again, I was pondering if any of you have any sympathy for these individuals and the depressed state of mind they must be in right now.
Well as someone who voted for Bush in 2000, I can openly and freely admit I was mistaken in my predictions on how his administration would turn out. It would not be the first time I was wrong nor will it be the last. I however don't want sympathy, pity, or condolences from yourself or anyone as I can take responsibility for my error in judgment.

However this entire thread could just as easily state, "Should we feel guilty for those poor saps that voted Democrat in the Congress that ended up voting for the war"? The long list of rational will be hoist that they were mislead, they were ill informed they were... they were... they were doing anything but their job and they let an extremist executive branch run roughshod over them like a gaggle of cowards unfit for prison let alone public office.

I take the last seven years as one of the greatest learning experiences of my entire life. I have learned how easy it is to manipulate the public mind through fear. I have learned that even a small number of radical and dangerous fools can destroy an empire that took over 200 years to create. I have learned that cowardice is often the first thing to rise to the top of our melting pot. I have learned that as long as people are given the means to stay fat and stupid they will allow anything to happen with their blessings. I have learned that few can raise their hand and take responsibility for their actions without the threat of incarceration or legal action. I have learned to hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:43 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,089,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post

lmao They should feel sympathy for us but we all live with the decision

Old 11-06-2007, 02:43 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
A loaded question, not really justified for debate, but....

I would have forever felt like horse manure if I voted for John (I voted this way before I voted that way) Kerry. And that is the 100% truth!
Kerry would have been a mistake. He likes to point fingers make excuses but has very poor follow through.
Gore has turned out to be a raving Lunatic who couldnt even carry his own state.
I feel more anger that neither party has been able to produce a candidate worthy of a vote based on they would be an excellent choice. The last few elections have all been about voting for the lesser of 2 evils.
That is what we should all be embarrassed about.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:55 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
I don't recall anyone asking for sympathy. I suspect this is more of a trolling thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.