Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 06:14 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,088,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
You omitted the most important step: Zimmerman didn't need to fire the gun.
He didn't need to reach for his gun.
He could have fought back physically.
He could have yelled out "I'm with neighbourhood watch!" when the fight began.
He could have yelled out "I'm with neighbourhood watch!" when Trayvon asked him "why you following me for?"
He could have stayed in his truck, and not followed Trayvon.

Trayvon's options were more limited.
He could have called 911, even though I personally would not have done that. And it is unrealistic to expect a young black male to do that.
He could have continued running away instead of turning around to ask Zimmerman "why you following me for?" Although I believe 90 % of us would have done the same thing.
He could have stopped fighting and simply let Zimmerman shoot him without a struggle.

And we don't know who started the physical altercation, but that too could have been avoided.
If more of you would start calling 911, instead of turning to violence, maybe you would start getting treated the way you want to be treated in society.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:15 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
The problem is obvious. All that erroneous information has fried your brain. I would be ashamed and totally mortified to admit I based my opinion on the media and web sites.
What's the difference between basing opinions on media and websites and basing opinions on the words of a known, proven, documented liar?

Old 06-30-2013, 06:15 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Correct,, It would be stupid for George to go against his lawyers advice or even to put himself under additional scrutiny even regardless of his guilt. Those who feel he is guilty will only continue to feel he is guilty and look for the smallest of cracks in his testimony to re-enforce their beliefs.
personally I don't know that he is guilty. I honestly believe he was afraid for his life.
All I question is his version of events.
Why don't you wait and see what his version is? Forget everything he said in the past. He was under stress, he was lying, blah blah blah blah. Nobody cares what he said yesterday or a year ago.

I hope he has the sense to not testify, but if he does, listen ONLY to what he says on that day, at that podium, in front of that judge, under oath.

You're certainly correct about him testifying won't change any minds. Unless he says point blank that he followed Trayvon when he knew he shouldn't have, and shot him because he was black, he should walk.

Remember: George had just as much right to walk around in that complex as Trayvon did. This goofy mantra about Trayvon having the right to walk anywhere without being followed is just plain foolish. And I personally don't care if George walked straight up to Trayvon and point blank asked him what he was doing there. There's no law against that and would not give Trayvon or anyone the right to start throwing punches.

And that's really the bottom line.

I've never in my life seen so many foolish excuses for why it's ok for a person to knock someone down, straddle him, and beat the snot out of him just because he might not have liked the way the person was looking at him. Is that what America has come to? Obviously so.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:16 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The state commonly presents its case chronologially. No surprise they did the witnesses early. Besides, it's usually better to keep the big stuff for closer to when the jury reaches a verdict, fresher in mind like singing last on american idol.

take just 2 issues that will come up when the state offers more evidence---

1. He punched me in the face 25-30 times. My reaction as a jurur would be, wtf, bs, the face wasn't the face of a guy pounded like that.

2. The only blood on tm was a little under the fingernails of one hand. My reaction again would be wtf. TM supposedly had his hands all over gz's face and head and that's all the blood on him. bs.

That's when the defense finally has to defend.

I think a rational jury will conclude that GZ did a bit of lying about the details of the fight but that will not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that GZ was not legally in the right to pull the trigger.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
I'll just say this. White male conservatives would be doing a 360 on this case if the roles were reversed and Martin was following Zimmerman and killed him, .
Ahhhhhhh, thanks for the laugh. I see you don't do math and/or geometry well.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:25 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Why don't you wait and see what his version is? Forget everything he said in the past. He was under stress, he was lying, blah blah blah blah. Nobody cares what he said yesterday or a year ago.

I hope he has the sense to not testify, but if he does, listen ONLY to what he says on that day, at that podium, in front of that judge, under oath.
If he doesn't testify, his version Is what he told the cops or on tv. He shouldn't testify.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:28 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
There is no way Zimmerman will testify.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:29 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I think a rational jury will conclude that GZ did a bit of lying about the details of the fight but that will not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that GZ was not legally in the right to pull the trigger.
Though I happen to agree with that Legally, I'm sticking with the jury will want to punish gz for a bunch of the decisions he made that night, the possibility he didn't act in self defense, and convict of manslaughter.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:33 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,088,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
There are some of us who don't stay glued to their computer day-after-day all day commenting drivel as you do.

Some people do have a life you know. And work. Jobs. Stuff like that.
Yet those same people who claim they don't follow the testimony as much as the rest, still manage to tell everyone what happened, even though some of the testimony they rely on hasn't even come out yet!

Old 06-30-2013, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Dont forget, he wasn't on duty that night, nor was the HOA ok w/ gun carrying when a person was to be on duty.
It's truly hopeless.

Note to self: Change settings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies