Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 04:12 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Never said otherwise. But plenty on here are trying to make GZ into a hero figure for his actions. Others are trying to paint him a victim. If he is a victim it is of his own arrogance and stupidity.
For the life of me I can't understand why anybody would think GZ is a hero, there's absolutely no evidence that TM was doing anything wrong, not yet anyway - boggles the mind.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:12 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
And I really wish you would read before you post. I said what I would do. I couldn't possibly care less what someone else would do. If someone were scaring me, I would go home. If they jumped on me, I would shoot them. Sorry you can't tell the difference.

BTW, I agree if you don't want to get raped, don't trounce around like a ho. I have no use for trashy females.
or men shouldnt rape women?
My first fire fight was an education. We had trained and felt ready. We had some big talkers, hell we all were to a point. Under pressure people react differently. Some of the guys I thought would never fold were the first to panic. Training that was drilled into us forgotten. Fortunately we had a great guy leading us and he brought us through it at the end. Many mistakes were made and many lessons learned.
TM most likely had no training. GZ had training. Quite a bit actually.
I still wouldn't lead a bad guy back to my house if I had other options. Bad guys tend to do bad things when they know where you live.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:14 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
I don't understand. He's been charged with murder. He won't be charged again.
A civil case has nothing to do with a murder charge.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
For the life of me I can't understand why anybody would think GZ is a hero, there's absolutely no evidence that TM was doing anything wrong, not yet anyway - boggles the mind.
Thats so true. In my mind GZ is a poster child for anti-gun groups.
Man with a gun he is going to make things right. He will make the bad guys pay.
The first indicator he is an idiot was the choice of his weapon. What a POS.
I will admit I am 1911 guy and hate compacts, I also believe in a quality safety which the Kel-Tec 9 doesnt have.

Last edited by tinman01; 06-24-2013 at 04:30 PM..

Old 06-24-2013, 04:25 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Thats so true. In my mind GZ is a poster child for anti-gun groups.
Man with a gun he is going to make things right. He will make the bad guys pay.
The first indicator he is an idiot was the choice of his weapon. What a POS.
I will admit I am 1911 guy and hate compacts, I also believe in a quality safety which the Kal-Tec 9 doesnt have.
Ah, that would be Kel-Tec

Honestly, this case does point out something for neighborhood watch groups. The "anti-gun" policy of some of these groups puts their member's lives at risk should they actually observe a criminal committing a criminal act. Is a burglar carrying out a neighbor's TV or computer just going to go on about his business when a NW volunteer is describing him on the phone with police? Or is he going to come after the volunteer and try to leave no witnesses? Policy or not, anyone that would go on a NW without a firearm is...an idiot.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:26 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Now I think OJ Simpson should have lost both, but with Zimmerman I think he should be acquitted of the murder charges but be partly responsible in the civil suit that no doubt will follow.

I don't believe that he chased down and murdered Trayvon in cold blood. There was an altercation and it was probably Trayvon that attacked him first and started the altercation and he was defending himself. Even if Trayvon didn't have any weapons he could have been dangerous. Remember this was a thug who grew up on the streets in Miami with gangsters and hoodluums as friends and who used drugs. Its also possible that he could have attacked Zimmerman to try to take his gun from him. Well trained police officers have died this way. I'm not saying Travyon deserved to get killed but his own actions were partly to blame for what happened.

However the whole situation could have been prevented if Zimmerman had listened to the police and not confronted Trayvon so in that regard he ALSO has SOME responsibility over what happened. However he is not guilty of murder and should not go to prison.
He can't be held civilly liable if the murder is ruled justifiable, hence the term justifiable.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:27 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
or men shouldnt rape women?
My first fire fight was an education. We had trained and felt ready. We had some big talkers, hell we all were to a point. Under pressure people react differently. Some of the guys I thought would never fold were the first to panic. Training that was drilled into us forgotten. Fortunately we had a great guy leading us and he brought us through it at the end. Many mistakes were made and many lessons learned.
TM most likely had no training. GZ had training. Quite a bit actually.
I still wouldn't lead a bad guy back to my house if I had other options. Bad guys tend to do bad things when they know where you live.

How many "bad guys" are talking on their cell phones to the police?

Old 06-24-2013, 04:28 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Im wondering why you liberals who are praying that Zimmerman spends most his life in jail, arent speaking out loudly about the guy in the shoe line who shot a potential robber dead? The video shows him running away, no charges for the shooter. Is it due to the fact that both men are black that makes you and the media so silent?

Old 06-24-2013, 04:29 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
How many "bad guys" are talking on their cell phones to the police?
Trayvon had no way of knowing who Zimmerman was talking to.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Ah, that would be Kel-Tec

Honestly, this case does point out something for neighborhood watch groups. The "anti-gun" policy of some of these groups puts their member's lives at risk should they actually observe a criminal committing a criminal act. Is a burglar carrying out a neighbor's TV or computer just going to go on about his business when a NW volunteer is describing him on the phone with police? Or is he going to come after the volunteer and try to leave no witnesses? Policy or not, anyone that would go on a NW without a firearm is...an idiot.
ah a type o sue me.
Could be they have an anti-gun rule to prevent what GZ did.
I agree tho. If you form a watch due to a lot of criminal activity I wouldn't join it unless I were allowed to defend myself.
Then again I wouldn't join one if it had idiots like GZ for members.
Besides that I am no fan of the hide and snitch game.
I see someone walking. I better call the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies