Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 05:13 PM

39,934 posts, read 26,644,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If that was the case, all Zimmerman had to do was point the gun to Trayvon and tell him to stop. Anyone would stop at that point.
Ah, doing so before Martin attacked him would have been highly illegal and would most likely have ended up with Zimmerman in jail.

Quote:
I have a feeling it was actually Zimmerman who said to Trayvon that he was going to die "tonight" right before shooting him.
And you base that "feeling" on what, exactly? The only thing that has come out in court so far is that Z did not get out of his car and follow M after being told not to. Rather he was already following him before it was "suggested" that he didn't need to do so. The tape also indicates that he stopped doing so at that time, or very shortly (a few seconds) after being told that. No new revelation; anyone that had actually listened to the 911 call already knew that.

I'm open minded as to Z being guilty or not guilty. Nothing presented so far indicates any guilt. Future evidence as to who actually started the physical attack, and who was on top screaming during the 2nd call, will be the biggies.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:18 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,414,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I don't know his reason. Hopefully that will be dealt with during the trial. .
I don't know either and that was one of the things that kept me from giving him the benefit of the doubt when I first heard the story. My personal opinion was that had he not been carrying a gun he wouldn't have been so quick to follow someone he described as looking like they were on something. Unless the defense is about to answer that question that's always gonna be a problem for me as I pass judgment from my living room courtroom.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:54 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,739,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Ah, doing so before Martin attacked him would have been highly illegal and would most likely have ended up with Zimmerman in jail.
That is exactly what the FL law stipulates. No gun waving or you will be charged with a felony.

Quote:
And you base that "feeling" on what, exactly? The only thing that has come out in court so far is that Z did not get out of his car and follow M after being told not to. Rather he was already following him before it was "suggested" that he didn't need to do so. The tape also indicates that he stopped doing so at that time, or very shortly (a few seconds) after being told that. No new revelation; anyone that had actually listened to the 911 call already knew that.

I'm open minded as to Z being guilty or not guilty. Nothing presented so far indicates any guilt. Future evidence as to who actually started the physical attack, and who was on top screaming during the 2nd call, will be the biggies.
Finally someone speaking sense.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:55 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,677,774 times
Quote:

How about the lack of Zimmerman's DNA on Trayvon's hands? Supposedly Trayvon was punching him, beating his head on the pavement, and holding his hand over Zimmerman's mouth and nose.

How about the fact that Zimmerman said he was on top of Trayvon by the time neighbours approached because he had mounted Trayvon and spread his arms wide because he thought Trayvon was still alive and he was trying to control him? Yet, a neighbour who took a photo before the police arrived showed that Trayvon's arms were covering his chest.

How about the fact that Zimmerman has given several versions of what happened?

How about the fact that Zimmerman's versions don't account for the physical location of Trayvon's body?

Old 06-24-2013, 05:58 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,054,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
How about the lack of Zimmerman's DNA on Trayvon's hands? Supposedly Trayvon was punching him, beating his head on the pavement, and holding his hand over Zimmerman's mouth and nose.

How about the fact that Zimmerman said he was on top of Trayvon by the time neighbours approached because he had mounted Trayvon and spread his arms wide because he thought Trayvon was still alive and he was trying to control him? Yet, a neighbour who took a photo before the police arrived showed that Trayvon's arms were covering his chest.

How about the fact that Zimmerman has given several versions of what happened?

How about the fact that Zimmerman's versions don't account for the physical location of Trayvon's body?
I knew it! Zimmerman broke his own nose and pounded his own head against the concrete!

Old 06-24-2013, 06:00 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,426,211 times
Quote:
BTW, you should learn more about how and why rape happens. I have no use for flapping traps without a brain.
Totally agree!!

Old 06-24-2013, 06:02 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,426,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I knew it! Zimmerman broke his own nose and pounded his own head against the concrete!
The State said in opening that George did NOT have a broken nose and they will present evidence to prove it. Largest wound on the back of Zimmerman's head was about 3/4ths an inch long.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:03 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,039,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
That's likely especially after realizing he just killed an innocent kid. On the other hand I'm not sure the gutless POS had the balls to do that to himself.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:03 PM

1,137 posts, read 974,628 times
Quote:
I am not sure why Zimmerman didn't just go home then. As far as shooting, Trayvon did not have a gun so couldn't shoot Zimmerman after Zimmerman jumped him.
There is no proof Zimmerman ever jumped TM.

If facts are too hard for you to comprehend, perhaps you should stick to your crayon drawings.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:09 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,897,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
That is exactly what the FL law stipulates. No gun waving or you will be charged with a felony.

Finally someone speaking sense.

FL law states you cannot show the gun before killing someone with it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies