Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 11:15 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
How exactly does someone sneak into an elected position? I admire your attempt at spin, but the truth is that the so-called radicals had the support of a large group of Kansas residents.

It was only after a massive media backlash and nationwide embarassment for Kansas that moderates were able to get rid of the far right lunatics and restore sanity to the public school science standards.

Are you going to seriously claim that Ayatollah Brownback and the theocratic cronies currently in charge of the state wouldn't support the teaching of Christian based creationism in the public schools?
When did that happen? yesterday?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 11:27 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Legal? Sure

Classless and tasteless? Yes, IMO.

I hope he's not getting funded with taxpayer dollars.
I'm sure he shares a condo with the guy who pisses in a bottle, drops in a crucifix and got $15,000 (from tax payers) because he calls it art.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:42 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
When did that happen? yesterday?
A number of years ago, no actual changes were made, no changes to how kids are taught science etc.

However, these non-changes made for political fodder for the partisans whom like to keep bringing it up hoping nobody actually stops to present facts.

I think it actually happened back when Sebelius was governor prior to joining Obama's cabinet...but that makes for a less "attractive" false narrative than mentioning the rwnj brownback or the Koch brothers blah blah blah.

Ironically, it's one of the Koch brothers that funded the big evolution special on PBS and is funding the big smithonian exhibit on evolution.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:18 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
A number of years ago, no actual changes were made, no changes to how kids are taught science etc.

However, these non-changes made for political fodder for the partisans whom like to keep bringing it up hoping nobody actually stops to present facts.

I think it actually happened back when Sebelius was governor prior to joining Obama's cabinet...but that makes for a less "attractive" false narrative than mentioning the rwnj brownback or the Koch brothers blah blah blah.

Ironically, it's one of the Koch brothers that funded the big evolution special on PBS and is funding the big smithonian exhibit on evolution.
That's what I thought, especially after reading stories in the media about how Ks. legislators continue the backward evangelical trends.

Oh, yeah, whenever I watch PBS, I keep the gag and vomit bucket close by and wait for the Koch foundation credits.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:13 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
That's what I thought, especially after reading stories in the media about how Ks. legislators continue the backward evangelical trends.

Oh, yeah, whenever I watch PBS, I keep the gag and vomit bucket close by and wait for the Koch foundation credits.
I don't agree with some of the Koch brothers positions but funding the arts and PBS is something I do agree with.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:19 AM

910 posts, read 1,319,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Took the kids to a small-town museum in Kansas this past weekend, was rather disturbed to see this display, where the museum guide described it as "Obama getting his papers checked". I have never seen anything like this before, and it was a bit disconcerting. What do you think?
Is the display with the cavemen riding dinosaurs in the next room over?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies