Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 11:08 PM

255 posts, read 219,556 times

Advertisements

Here's a "what if". Say a homosexual couple marry and have a nice life together. But, as sometimes happens, the couple decide to get a divorce. Since we're all championing the "equal rights regardless of..." cry, will one member of the couple be allowed to sue for alimony? If not, why not? Shouldn't they have the right to, metaphorically, screw the other?

Old 06-28-2013, 11:16 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Ok and once your "marriage" becomes legal in all 50 states (within the next few years), what will you gripe about? Will homosexual activists turn their attention to the religious organizations who do not believe homosexual practices are good? Or will homosexual activists demand that each and every school, teach children about homosexuality? When does it end??
Once all states have recognised SSM, they will fade into the background. There will be no need for anything unless the woos continue to discriminate and then perhaps only an ACLU type activism. Here in SA, the gay pride parades do not make the news anymore as they have what they campaigned for - equality under the law.

No church is forced to marry them of even recognise their unions and can refuse membership based on articles of faith. They cannot however go in the public square and discriminate against them as that is slander bordering on hate speech and visa versa.

Just as they faded into the background, so too have the woos.

Then again, even when there was no equality, our society was very very tolerant of them.

Once you CHOOSE to mind your own business they will mind their own.

This is also not a sign of the end ov daze. That is just a silly superstition you have been conned into and by now you should be aware, your ilk are losing the battle of wits rather dramatically. I am sure as all you woos do, is point out the great falling away, knowledge will increase et al. as self fulfilling prophesies to keep the mindless holding onto a false hope of a (never) returning messiah. ALL of the predictions and ALL of the end ov daze folk in history were WRONG.

Jesus is not returning as he never existed in the first place. He is a made up collage man-god incorporating multiple myths. If you ever bothered to study the bible, origins, original texts, church history, you would come to the same conclusion.

As it stands, you are an uneducated christian who does not know the history of their faith and that is par for the course in the USA.

I suspect folk like you suffer from OCD b/c most folk really do not give a hoot how others live their lives.

There is a saying that summarises folk like you.

Misery seeks its own company.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:50 AM

937 posts, read 1,135,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post

This is also not a sign of the end ov daze. That is just a silly superstition you have been conned into and by now you should be aware, your ilk are losing the battle of wits rather dramatically. I am sure as all you woos do, is point out the great falling away, knowledge will increase et al. as self fulfilling prophesies to keep the mindless holding onto a false hope of a (never) returning messiah. ALL of the predictions and ALL of the end ov daze folk in history were WRONG.
In reality, you have no knowledge of what will occur. This is nothing more than your own trivial opinion.

Quote:
Jesus is not returning as he never existed in the first place. He is a made up collage man-god incorporating multiple myths. If you ever bothered to study the bible, origins, original texts, church history, you would come to the same conclusion.

As it stands, you are an uneducated christian who does not know the history of their faith and that is par for the course in the USA.

I suspect folk like you suffer from OCD b/c most folk really do not give a hoot how others live their lives.

There is a saying that summarises folk like you.
I don't take advice from, nor do I listen to the misguided.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:58 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Default Is the purpose of homosexual "marriage" to eradicate traditional marriage and morality?

I don't think so. That was one person's feeling, belief or opinion and shouldn't be construed as to what everyone else's opinions are.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:23 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
Quote:
In reality, you have no knowledge of what will occur. This is nothing more than your own trivial opinion.
Yes I do. Nothing is gonna happen as all of your ilks predecessors have been 100% wrong consistently for 2000 odd years.
Quote:
I don't take advice from, nor do I listen to the misguided.
Then why are you here spouting your BS? Hits close to home dinnit?

Oh congrats for the thread fail of the day.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:29 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
of course its about destroying the institution of marriage. Liberals wont admit that or they say "it will strengthen marriage" which I guess they mean to do so is to destroy it. Homosexuals have a different view as to what they call monogamous.

Quote:
Russian Journalist/Lesbian Masha Gessen speaks openly about eradicating marriage.

She states:
"Fighting for gay marriage generally involves lying about what we are going to do with marriage when we get there — because we lie that the institution of marriage is not going to change, and that is a lie. The institution of marriage is going to change and it should change, and again I don't think it should exist."

Lesbian Speaks Openly About Eradicating Marriage - YouTube

Your thoughts?

Old 06-29-2013, 06:01 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
No.

[kind of like basic math]
"Kind of like"... not what I was commenting on.

"A" for effort though.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:02 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Going to wikipedia to inform yourself on politically controversial topics is like going to the hair salon to get your facts.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:02 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheLookout View Post
Here's a "what if". Say a homosexual couple marry and have a nice life together. But, as sometimes happens, the couple decide to get a divorce. Since we're all championing the "equal rights regardless of..." cry, will one member of the couple be allowed to sue for alimony? If not, why not? Shouldn't they have the right to, metaphorically, screw the other?
Of course.
What kind of stupid question is this?

Old 06-29-2013, 06:13 AM

350 posts, read 477,829 times
Quote:
I'm not sure of your age range, but society was so different just a decade or so ago. Families appeared to be more intact and people seemed more honest. In the last few years, our nation appears to have undergone a dramatic shift.

I see a fair amount of masculine/aggressive women and a number of guys, wearing wigs, tight pants and makeup. Also, society just seems far more violent. When I was a teen, I don't recall seeing so much violence. In my opinion, things are changing for the worst. Much of what is currently transpiring, appears to fit neatly in with the religious teachings about the last days, when people don't know right from wrong.
I'm not sure of YOUR age range, but a decade ago is NO TIME AT ALL. I harken back to a time when there was a LOT of violence in the streets, fighting for racial and women's equality, which too many now take for granted. Politicians were still corrupt and our own militia shot at unarmed college students.

If you read history past your own limited existence, you will see societal growth over hundreds of years is not something that "neatly fits into religious teachings of the last days, when people don't know right from wrong."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies