Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 09:51 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,072,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Also for political gain and to form alliances. Many people were married off who didn't even know each other. Is that how people think it should be now I wonder?
Absolutely, I don't think people realize how religion came into power and what they did to those that didn't conform.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:07 PM

937 posts, read 1,135,389 times
The below video discloses the truth w/ accurate detailed scientific research:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF_yybULkwQ

Old 06-28-2013, 10:32 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Since everyone in the Gay community knows that there is not Gay "gene", and is widely accepted that homosexuality is based on enviromental, and hormonal influences while in utero, you are presenting a straw man argument

way to go, failing yet again.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:42 PM

596 posts, read 730,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
The government has already stated that homosexual marriages will receive the same benefits that traditional marriages receive. Are you satisfied? Perhaps you won't be satisfied until homosexual marriage is legal in all 50 states and throughout the world?

Or will homosexual activists, not relent until every religious institution, which doesn't agree with homosexuality is wiped off the planet? Then perhaps you will be happy, when morality and everything that God ordained is no longer practiced by any human being on earth.
Please get over yourself! Why is it so difficult for some of you to comprehend that everyone does not share your religious beliefs? I swear, I feel like a broken record on this forum because nearly every day I have to point out that not all people are religious and not all couples (regardless of whether they're gay or straight) based their marriage on the bible or any other religious text. If that's how you choose to live your life, that's fine. But stop acting like everyone else needs to adhere to the rules of a religion that you personally choose to affiliate with. Some people are not Christian, some people are not religious, some people don't believe in any kind of god at all. So why should they be forced to live their lives according to your personal religious beliefs?

Old 06-28-2013, 10:50 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,495,242 times
Quote:
Russian Journalist/Lesbian Masha Gessen speaks openly about eradicating marriage.

She states:
"Fighting for gay marriage generally involves lying about what we are going to do with marriage when we get there — because we lie that the institution of marriage is not going to change, and that is a lie. The institution of marriage is going to change and it should change, and again I don't think it should exist."

Lesbian Speaks Openly About Eradicating Marriage - YouTube

Your thoughts?
She is from Russia where gays are treated like criminals, I do not believe in her one bit. Why do people think that all of us gays have this fantastic connection with each other and a newsletter called the "Gay Agenda" and all have this plan on tearing your marriages apart. How stupid and silly so many of you all are making yourselves appear. I knew you all were going to go crazy with the supreme court decision. Best intertainment I have seen all year is watching you guys go crazy bejeezers.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
She is expressing her opinion, I don't agree but I don't see what the problem is. She doesn't represent all gays any more than the Westboro baptists represent for all Christians.

Unless you are just trying to pick one person with an unpopular opinion in an attempt to show how evil them gays are with an association fallacy. It's like using Hitler, a dog lover, to say anyone who owns a dog wants to exterminate the Jews and plunge Europe into war. Any way you slice it that kind of demonization is just flat out disgusting.

I don't see how allowing gays getting married affects others marriage. Any more than I think my diet is affected if some one a block over eats 3 pounds of bacon every day, or east only 500 calories a day. It's their life, their choice. Being obsessed with how other people live their lives in unhealthy, go and live your own.
I was asked as a kid how I felt about myself being part German, did I feel ashamed or guilty for the death of the jews in Germany. It was an utterly stupid question as it is to think that this one woman represents all gay people.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
I really believe that homosexual "marriage," will seek to destroy the institution of marriage. This is nothing more than a sad attempt to mock God, by eradicating the natural order of society. Men become women, and woman become men, bad becomes good and good becomes bad.

This has nothing to do with equality, it's about destruction of traditional family values.
You need to stop thinking with your bible dear. There is no natural order and marriage is not natural in itself, it is a creation of mankind. Sex is natural and birth is natural, but so is homosexuality. So go get your panties untwisted, you will feel better.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:00 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:

I don't think homosexuals get the larger picture. Marriage is about maintaining the traditional family structure (Dad & Mom +/- Children).
So single moms and dads don't get the larger picture, either?

Old 06-28-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:

I don't think homosexuals get the larger picture. Marriage is about maintaining the traditional family structure (Dad & Mom +/- Children).
Baloney, why are you not qualing about divorce damaging the traditional family structure because most kids now come from homes with stepdads and step moms. You are just anti gay with an anti equality agenda.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:06 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
The below video discloses the truth w/ accurate detailed scientific research:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF_yybULkwQ
Who has over an hour to feed their brain that propaganda?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies