Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 07:34 PM

937 posts, read 1,137,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
did you miss the part in post:The media can choose to cover whomever, whatever, whenever they want. Never heard of "freedom of the press"

and the mainstream media that I watch? Nope, not once they've used David Duke or Farakhan. I've only see them appear on nut job shows like Alex jone's radio show and others. and I avoid watching Fox News (national broadcast/cable channel).

You are probably seeing them appear on nut job media shows, or on Fox News (which is as nut job as you can get for a "mainstream" media).
Actually, Farakhan was discussed for over 15 minutes during the first political debate on every major news station and CSPAN.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:38 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,469,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
True, we shouldn't judge others, but my problem is, when I read about the last days, it warns of a time period when people don't understand right from wrong and good from evil.

It appears as though we are heading in a very bad direction and quite frankly I'm disturbed by it.
It's this minority of rapture ready bigoted nuts that make all of us Christians look terrible.

For shame.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:39 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,284,195 times
Quote:
Actually, Farakhan was discussed for over 15 minutes during the first political debate on every major news station and CSPAN.

CSPAN isn't a mainstream media. They are channels that "stream" ongoing live political banter, court cases and other political matters. Its no more mainstream media or news, than PBS.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:39 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,290,538 times
Quote:
The government has already stated that homosexual marriages will receive the same benefits that traditional marriages receive. Are you satisfied? Perhaps you won't be satisfied until homosexual marriage is legal in all 50 states and throughout the world?

Or will homosexual activists, not relent until every religious institution, which doesn't agree with homosexuality is wiped off the planet? Then perhaps you will be happy, when morality and everything that God ordained is no longer practiced by any human being on earth.
Really?

Really?

Honestly, I can't tell if this is satire or not.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:47 PM

937 posts, read 1,137,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
CSPAN isn't a mainstream media. They are channels that "stream" ongoing live political banter, court cases and other political matters. Its no more mainstream media or news, than PBS.
Reading is fundamental. I stated --all of the mainstream stations AND CSPAN.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:05 PM

362 posts, read 796,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How will my marriage destroy your gender, religion, personal morality or "traditional family"?

If me getting a piece of paper from the state can do all that, then your morals, religion, tradition, and gender were weak to begin with.
Traditional gender roles have been under attack since the 50s and 60s this is nothing new, lets not pretend the culture wars do not exist. Abortion, gay marriage, contraception, transexualism, gender bending it is a full court press.

You accept all these things then you reject religion. Any religious person who opposes these things is castigated as some form of a bigot who hates someone, you cannot just believe in your religion. You are hateful and bigotted. They want to normalize the bastardization of children. And it goes from single mothers are not just accepted but encouraged.

You say adam can have 2 mothers, well know its 2 mothers and 1 father in England. soon the whole meaning of family will mean nothing when you finish bastardizing the term so thoroughly.

when they start teaching the secular liberalism in the schools as the normal religion, it will become the norm to have any kind of crazy family you want.

The secularist always field the same arguments if ______ insert liberal bastardization of tradition here weakens your tradition then your tradition was not strong. Until of course the words mean nothing. It is a circular argument. When marriage means 10 men can marry 8 dogs then the word become meaningless

Old 06-28-2013, 09:08 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,208,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It always busts me up when people use this particular chart to try to boost their argument for SSM because in none of those instances are there two living men - none. That said, I had a minster tell me that we need to remember that the Bible was written in the context of the time and so we must ask ourselves whether such dictates fit in with the preaching of Jesus. Considering he taught us about mercy, redemption, and not judging others, I am willing not to worry about who people choose to call their family.
The minister you speak of is a wise man. A lot of people are stuck in ancient barbaric times, unfortunately.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:17 PM

37,159 posts, read 42,316,813 times
Quote:

Traditional gender roles have been under attack since the 50s and 60s this is
nothing new, lets not pretend the culture wars do not exist. Abortion, gay
marriage, contraception, transexualism, gender bending it is a full court
press
Ah, the mythical 50's. No, traditional gender roles are only what you think they are. And you are wrong regardless because there has never really been any such thing. The façade, that's the only thing being shattered here. If it was real and great there wouldn't be a problem now or any time in the future. Only things that don't work begat change.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:27 PM

32,156 posts, read 15,153,433 times
Quote:

I don't think homosexuals get the larger picture. Marriage is about maintaining the traditional family structure (Dad & Mom +/- Children).

No that is not the origin of marriage. It had nothing to do with unity of family. It had more to do with women becoming property of men but whatever. The church changed the meaning later to suit them.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:29 PM

37,159 posts, read 42,316,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

No that is not the origin of marriage. It had nothing to do with unity of family. It had more to do with women becoming property of men but whatever. The church changed the meaning later to suit them.
Also for political gain and to form alliances. Many people were married off who didn't even know each other. Is that how people think it should be now I wonder?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies