Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 06:14 PM

937 posts, read 1,135,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It always busts me up when people use this particular chart to try to boost their argument for SSM because in none of those instances are there two living men - none. That said, I had a minster tell me that we need to remember that the Bible was written in the context of the time and so we must ask ourselves whether such dictates fit in with the preaching of Jesus. Considering he taught us about mercy, redemption, and not judging others, I am willing not to worry about who people choose to call their family.
True, we shouldn't judge others, but my problem is, when I read about the last days, it warns of a time period when people don't understand right from wrong and good from evil.

It appears as though we are heading in a very bad direction and quite frankly I'm disturbed by it.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:16 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,952,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Why not comment on the video and whether you believe she is correct. Obviously, she doesn't speak for all homosexuals, but I'm curious if others agree?
agree with what?

Agree she has free speech?
Agree she's wrong?
Agree she's right?
Agree she doesnt speak for anyone but herself?

I agree.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:17 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,229,657 times
Quote:
True, we shouldn't judge others, but my problem is, when I read about the last days, it warns of a time period when people don't understand right from wrong and good from evil.

It appears as though we are heading in a very bad direction.
And people have been claiming it is the end of days for 2000 years.
If gays getting married was such a big issue with your god, then why is the earth still here SSM has been legal for a couple of decades in some countries. Or does your god only worry about gays in America?

Old 06-28-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And my family structure is mom, mom, and children. Why do you think that my family doesn't deserve the same legal protections as yours?

Not to mention, heterosexuals haven't done such a good job of that whole traditional family thing.
The government has already stated that homosexual marriages will receive the same benefits that traditional marriages receive. Are you satisfied? Perhaps you won't be satisfied until homosexual marriage is legal in all 50 states and throughout the world?

Or will homosexual activists, not relent until every religious institution, which doesn't agree with homosexuality is wiped off the planet? Then perhaps you will be happy, when morality and everything that God ordained is no longer practiced by any human being on earth.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:24 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,832,349 times
There are very extreme people in all contentious groups.. When I fist started communicating on the net...I had a prolonged discussion with a group of extremist gays in San Francisco..Some of them were privileged families with wealth- enough wealth to use heroine as a holy sacrament. Near the end of the discussion that went on for weeks...One of these extremists revealed to me that the agenda and hope of some - is that humanity goes into a state of utter destruction and extinction. THAT was their dream..that no more people would be born and the world would be free from the curse of humanity...YEP....they are out there...Not all of them are sweet guys named Bruce who want to decorate your house.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
The government has already stated that homosexual marriages will receive the same benefits that traditional marriages receive. Are you satisfied? Perhaps you won't be satisfied until homosexual marriage is legal in all 50 states and throughout the world?

Or will you not relent until every religious institution which doesn't agree with homosexuality is wiped off the planet. Then perhaps you will be happy, when morality and everything that God ordained is no longer practiced by any human being on earth.
No. My marriage would not be legal in my state, or if I cross state lines.
How would you like to have your rights determined by which state you happen to be in at any given moment?

I don't care what your or any other religious institution does, or doesn't do. THIS is about legal civil marriage, not some church ceremony.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:27 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,296,816 times
Quote:
Russian Journalist/Lesbian Masha Gessen speaks openly about eradicating marriage.

She states:
"Fighting for gay marriage generally involves lying about what we are going to do with marriage when we get there — because we lie that the institution of marriage is not going to change, and that is a lie. The institution of marriage is going to change and it should change, and again I don't think it should exist."

Lesbian Speaks Openly About Eradicating Marriage - YouTube

Your thoughts?
They are working too hard to accomplish something that those who are not gay nor lesbian have been accomplishing all by themselves for years. They need to focus all of their energy on other issues that really need attention.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
There are very extreme people in all contentious groups.. When I fist started communicating on the net...I had a prolonged discussion with a group of extremist gays in San Francisco..Some of them were privileged families with wealth- enough wealth to use heroine as a holy sacrament. Near the end of the discussion that went on for weeks...One of these extremists revealed to me that the agenda and hope of some - is that humanity goes into a state of utter destruction and extinction. THAT was their dream..that no more people would be born and the world would be free from the curse of humanity...YEP....they are out there...Not all of them are sweet guys named Bruce who want to decorate your house.
Your story is very interesting. Have you ever wondered why the mainstream media only discusses the professional/successful stable homosexuals and never the dysfunctional ones?

Imagine if most people were exposed to a more realistic snap shot. Obviously, there's dysfunction in every group, but the media would have people believe that homosexuals are such noble beings. It's odd that there are rarely any negative stories featured on the news, only positive stories, which always want you to praise them, because they "came out."

Imagine having to explain to your child that the media celebrates Jason Collins because he's homosexual, and not for any specific special ability that he possesses. It's all very strange.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Your story is very interesting. Have you ever wondered why the media only discusses the professional/successful stable homosexuals and never the dysfunctional ones?

Imagine if most people were exposed to a more realistic snap shot. Obviously, there's dysfunction in every group, but the media would have people believe that homosexuals are such noble beings. It's odd that there are rarely any negative stories featured on the news, only positive stories, which always want you to praise them, because they "came out."

Imagine having to explain to your child that the media celebrates Jason Collins because he's homosexual, and not for any specific special ability that he possesses. It's all very strange.
Nope. We are just like everyone else. Warts and all. There are good and bad homosexuals, Good and bad heterosexuals. Good and bad christians. Good and bad atheists. Good and bad of every group.

I explained Jason C just fine. "He is in a field that shuns homosexuals, so it was very brave of him to be open and honest"

Old 06-28-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No. My marriage would not be legal in my state, or if I cross state lines.
How would you like to have your rights determined by which state you happen to be in at any given moment?

I don't care what your or any other religious institution does, or doesn't do. THIS is about legal civil marriage, not some church ceremony.
Ok and once your "marriage" becomes legal in all 50 states (within the next few years), what will you gripe about? Will homosexual activists turn their attention to the religious organizations who do not believe homosexual practices are good? Or will homosexual activists demand that each and every school, teach children about homosexuality? When does it end??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies