Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 04:45 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,695 times

Advertisements

Someone help. Was GZs DNA on TMs sweatshirt cuff? Am I reading right?

Old 07-03-2013, 04:45 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
How long do we all think this is foxing to go on for, till end of next week maybe? How much more can the prosecution do?
Prosecution said they will be done on Friday. Defense said it will take them 10-12 days to present their case.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:47 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yes, if he wins the family brings a civil lawsuit and if he wins it...

Since it's Obama's son, the DOJ will finish him off financially by bringing civil rights violation charges against him.

He may be totally innocent but he'll be bankrupt and destitute.
I don't think so.

If he's acquitted, he'll end up quite wealthy. A lot of people will make him the poster child for "Wrongfully Charged".

He'll write a book (I'll buy it) and will be paid scale to appear on lots of TV shows.

He'll be hired easily if he wants to work.

No, he won't be destitute.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:49 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,646,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Someone help. Was GZs DNA on TMs sweatshirt cuff? Am I reading right?
The bottom cuff of the lighter grey sweatshirt Trayvon wore under the hoodie, not the sleeves but the bottom of the sweatshirt. There was one spot of blood, and it had Zimmerman's DNA.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:50 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Yes, they did. It isn't at the "T".
(Loud sound of throat clearing...)

Yes, it was.

It was between Jenna's and John's houses. Jenna lived in the end apartment. John lived across from her and 1 down.

The T is right there where the dog walk meets the sidewalk running by Jenna's house.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I don't think so.

If he's acquitted, he'll end up quite wealthy. A lot of people will make him the poster child for "Wrongfully Charged".

He'll write a book (I'll buy it) and will be paid scale to appear on lots of TV shows.

He'll be hired easily if he wants to work.

No, he won't be destitute.

No way, I don't see that happening. He'll be a pariah like Casey Anthony.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Prosecution said they will be done on Friday. Defense said it will take them 10-12 days to present their case.
Yeah, because they will actually present a defense instead of going through the motions.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:53 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
The judge spent months keeping them from deposing Crump. And she got slapped down by the appeals court for it. They've had jury selection and two weeks of trial since June 3rd. Not like they are twiddling their thumbs. Nelson is setting herself up to get slapped down again. This deposition has been an issue since October. This isn't a last minute issue due to the defense.

Besides, they asked for an extension before jury selection was even started (and 3 other times previously) based partly on this issue and the prosecutor hiding evidence. If the judge is unhappy with the scheduling, she has only herself to blame.
In the legal profession it's called "overturned"....not "slapped down." The Defense has had many evenings after court during jury selection and testimony during which time they could have taken his deposition, if they are really wanted to get it do on time and not use it as an excuse to get continuances. I've been in depositions as late as MIDNIGHT. The Defense said today, that Crump will be available Sunday night at 6:00. I did not hear Judge Nelson say anything about her presence at that depo. The Defense didn't want to take the depo at that time, but they've pushed themselves back in to a box. Additionally, it will COST THEM A LOT OF MONEY to take that depo that late and have it transcribed overnight by the court reporter. Court Reporters charge a lot of money for their work, and over-night transcription usually costs literally TWICE the amount of a regular deposition.

AGAIN, Crump could have been subpoenaed for this deposition many times previously for a more reasonable date and time of Sunday at 6:00. Attorneys work within these kinds of restraints often. Did the Appellate Court REQUIRE Judge Nelson to be in attendance for Crump's deposition? GENERALLY, when a deposition is expected to be contentious, the Judge is available to settle disputes via phone.

5,450 posts, read 8,759,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The bottom cuff of the lighter grey sweatshirt Trayvon wore under the hoodie, not the sleeves but the bottom of the sweatshirt. There was one spot of blood, and it had Zimmerman's DNA.
Thank you. And was there something about the evidence not being packaged properly?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions. Just trying to get the story straight.

Does it help or hurt Zimmerman, the testimony by the likable professor of criminal justice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies