Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 11:21 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,112,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I didn't really understand that demonstration she gave. It looked like she was showing what one needed to do to shoot the gun. I thought she said that the gun had to be cocked, and I thought that was what she was doing when she was using both hands. Can you pull that part of the gun back, which she demonstrated, then put the gun in a holster, and later pull the gun and shoot it? How does that work?
I would assume that, without a cartridge in the chamber, it would have to be pulled back to enable the trigger.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:21 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,425,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
But they are not claiming SYG applies, so how does that help the prosecution?
It goes to Zimmerman's credibility. Does he lie A LOT. Does he lie often. Can you take what he says at face value. That's how is helps the prosecution. Remember, these trials end with CLOSING ARGUMENTS by both attorneys and they CANNOT use any information in closing that was not brought brought out as evidence during the trial. NOW, the prosecution can argue that Zimmerman lied about his knowledge of the SYG law, as well as so many other things a lot of you guys think at this time means nothing. If either attorney says ANYTHING in closing that was not brought out as evidence from the witness stand or physical exhibits, the other atty will object immediately and the Judge will rule on it....It's not good for an attorney to get "caught" saying stuff in closing that was not brought out in evidence during the trial because that makes jurors "suspicious" of everything else that attorney has to say.

Seems to me, from what I've seen on TV today, the Medical Examiner who actually did the autopsy on Martin has still not been called and is yet to come. That could be a very critical witness in this trial.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:23 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,955,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
So, group him along? Isn't that the stuff stereotypes and subsequently, bigotry and prejudice are born from?
I didn't say those things all came from him, I said Zimmerman supporters. I can't name names here, but there were some I had in mind specifically when I made that statement. I responded to him. You have a lot in common with Zimmerman. Why are you Instigating and looking for trouble?

7,783 posts, read 6,112,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
First of all, if I thought someone was up to no good I wouldn't intentionally go anywhere near them. Why would anyone who felt a person was up to no good go in that persons direction? Any fight I've gotten into, I fought back. I never had to kill anyone.
TM thought the guy following him was "up to no good" as well. Why didn't he stay in hiding then?

11,011 posts, read 11,060,341 times
Quote:
I would assume that, without a cartridge in the chamber, it would have to be pulled back to enable the trigger.
Yes that's it precisely. As was testified to, Zimmerman had a round in the chamber. This is a common practice, especially if carrying a weapon for self-defense purposes. After all, in an emergency situation, that time spent cocking the gun would take several seconds that could mean the difference between life and death.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:24 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,425,589 times
Quote:
So then does that mean you have to pull that part of the gun back in order to load a cartridge in the chamber, and that once a cartridge is in the chamber, there's nothing left to do but pull the trigger at any later time?

Old 07-03-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
TM though the guy following him was "up to no good" as well. Why didn't he stay in hiding then?
How do you know he didn't? It sounds like Zimmerman found him to me.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:25 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,302,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Yes, that was testified to as well. He had a round chambered - a common practice.
May be common practice for police officers. I do not see this as common nor prudent to run around w/ a cocked gun. I think this shows George's intent.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
1. Your screen name essentially asks for "facts" - I gave them to you. You have a problem with them because they don't match YOUR opinion.

2. I don't have any "friends" in this thread.

3. In the future, you should reposnd to the post and/or poster - not what you believe to be shared idealolgy.
You stated your opinion based on the fact that Zimmerman said he was yelling for help before he knew there was an audio recording and I asked you a question and stated my opinion. Nowhere in that response did I contradict that fact so your statement was unnecessary. Rather than answer my question you decided to go with a personal insult.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:27 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,302,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Yes that's it precisely. As was testified to, Zimmerman had a round in the chamber. This is a common practice, especially if carrying a weapon for self-defense purposes. After all, in an emergency situation, that time spent cocking the gun would take several seconds that could mean the difference between life and death.
George was on his way to Target..... Supposedly.....
He must live in a pretty rough area to have one in the chamber just to go to the store. Ludicrous.

Last edited by JanND; 07-03-2013 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: edit text
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies