Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 11:35 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,225,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Where did you hear that?
It would bring in TM''s toxicology report showing liver damage and THC. They wouldn't dare open that door.

The other Medical Examiner was a paid expert who only saw copies of photos of just George Zimmerman.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:36 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,669,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
In the middle of the complex at the T intersection. TM would have been hiding in plain sight if that were the case. If that were the case why would GZ let him get close enough to sucker punch him if he had a weapon at his disposal? He could have pulled the gun to let TM know he was armed or even shot him under SYG, if TM came toward him. TM did not give him time to pull it at that point.
Wow, so now we can kill someone who is 'coming toward' us?

Old 07-03-2013, 11:38 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,954,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
In the middle of the complex at the T intersection. TM would have been hiding in plain sight if that were the case. If that were the case why would GZ let him get close enough to sucker punch him if he had a weapon at his disposal? He could have pulled the gun to let TM know he was armed or even shot him under SYG, if TM came toward him. TM did not give him time to pull it at that point.
Well according to Zimmerman he jumped out of the bushes and in another instance he was 15 feet away. How did he get the gun out of his holster while Trayvon Martin was straddled over him? What was he doing with his hands the entire time? Why is it so hard to believe that TM was afraid of some creep following him? He could have gone up to him when he was in the car. Why would he run away from him to begin with?

See again, I understand why some people would say this was self-defense or that both TM and GZ did some things wrong, but not being able to see that Trayvon Martin was probably afraid, but still fought back is what I don't get from Zimmerman supporters. Some of you are so bent on him being a thug/criminal and the right to carry concealed weapons that nothing else matters. This is the lack of empathy and compassion that I'm referring to.

12,755 posts, read 9,669,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You want the evidence to prove gz 'pursued' tm. He may have been looking for an address or seeing where tm went. If that means 'pursued' to you, the state didn't have to prove it. GZ said he did.
Didn't the state prove that the 'looking for an address' was a big fat lie? I think that happened yesterday.

8,560 posts, read 6,420,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yes, that is exactly how you "work" a semi-automatic handgun. Starting with the gun in the unloaded state, with the magazine removed. The magazine is first loaded to capacity. Then inserted into the grip of the gun. The gun can not shoot at this point, a round first has to be stripped from the magazine and positioned in the barrel (to be specific, the chamber). That is done by pulling back on the slide and releasing it, sometimes called "racking". Once that is done the gun can be fired. Normal practice is then to remove the magazine and replace the one round that is now loaded in the chamber, then replace the mag in the gun. At that point the gun would finally go in the holster. To fire, remove from holster and squeeze the trigger.

To be clear, you don't need to "rack the slide" when you go to shoot, as long as the gun has been loaded, racked previously and secured in the holster. That is typical Hollywood bullcrap where the cop gets out of his car, chases a bad guy, points a gun at him and finally racks the slide. I carry every day, the slide hasn't been worked in at least a month (since it was last cleaned properly...which I need to address!). Anyone that knows a thing about firearms will tell you the same thing.

The prosecution tried to make an issue of no external safety being on that gun. Which is just silly. The bulk of the defensive handguns sold, as well as the bulk of LEO weapons, have no external safety.
Thanks for that explanation. Now I understand her testimony much better.

39,897 posts, read 26,590,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
George was on his way to Target..... Supposedly.....
He must live in a pretty rough area to have one in the chamber just to go to the store. Ludicrous.
Really? And you base that statement on what...knowledge?

I carry concealed with one in the pipe every day, and yes, even in Target. Over 10% of the population of my county has CCW permits, I'm quite sure I'm not the only one in Target doing so. Anyone that carries a defensive firearm without a round in the chamber wasn't paying attention in his CCW class.

Why don't you ask a few local police officers if they walk around without a round in the chamber of their duty weapons?

Old 07-03-2013, 11:39 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,225,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Well according to Zimmerman he jumped out of the bushes and in another instance he was 15 feet away. How did he get the gun out of his holster while Trayvon Martin was straddled over him? What was he doing with his hands the entire time? Why is it so hard to believe that TM was afraid of some creep following him? He could have gone up to him if he was in the car. Why would he run away with him to begin with? See again, I understand why some people would say this was self-defense or that both TM and GZ did some things wrong, but not bring able to see that Trayvon Martin was probably afraid, but still fought back is what I don't get from Zimmerman supporters. Some of you are so bent on him being a thug/criminal and the right to carry concealed weapons that nothing else matters. This is the lack of empathy and compassion that I'm referring to.
Rachel testified that Trayvon had made it to Brandi Green's townhome. If he was afraid he could have gone in and called 911 no?

Old 07-03-2013, 11:40 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,266,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Then you would be wrong. It's a common practice for most CCW holders. That, by the way, is quite a few people.
Well, guess I will defer to the gun experts.
It still does nothing to clear up Georges saying he forgot he had his gun on him.....If he had to chamber a round....and that was common.

8,091 posts, read 5,922,157 times
Martin could have went home...period. Why didn't Trayvon call his Father? If he was that scared for his life...why call Rachel? Oh, I know why!! Because he wanted to have a war story!!

7,308 posts, read 14,720,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
May be common practice for police officers. I do not see this as common nor prudent to run around w/ a cocked gun. I think this shows George's intent.
You don't really no anything about firearms do you? I'm not a police officer but I do carry a semi-automatic firearm daily. It's cocked and loaded all the time. If it wasn't it would be useless to me. The only intent that it shows is that I intend to protect myself if the need arises. I know hundreds of people that carry their handguns the same way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies