Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 09:58 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times

Advertisements

Jimmy Carter Defends Paula Deen In CNN Interview (VIDEO)

I have been thinking that Paula Deen may have said some words that she regrets, but considering her age and where she grew up, I do not consider her to have those feelings in her heart. We've all said that word or know someone in our families that says those words. By all accounts, she takes Hollis Johnson, a black kid, on all of her trips. She votes Democrat, an oddity for a white person in the south. Most Dems struggle to get 1 in 5 of the white vote and only get about 1 in 10 in alabama. Her apologies and my knowledge of southern ppl leads me to believe that we should take her apologies at face value. She has done far less than Dan Cathy of Chick-Fil-A infamy. She deserves a second chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 10:04 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
Chick-Fil-A "infamy"?

Old 06-30-2013, 10:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
He's right. Enough with the piling on. Leave that woman alone.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:14 PM

107 posts, read 204,887 times
Straight from Paula Deen mouth and she is so articulate too

Old 06-30-2013, 10:19 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post

I have been thinking that Paula Deen may have said some words that she regrets, but considering her age and where she grew up, I do not consider her to have those feelings in her heart. We've all said that word or know someone in our families that says those words. By all accounts, she takes Hollis Johnson, a black kid, on all of her trips. She votes Democrat, an oddity for a white person in the south. Most Dems struggle to get 1 in 5 of the white vote and only get about 1 in 10 in alabama. Her apologies and my knowledge of southern ppl leads me to believe that we should take her apologies at face value. She has done far less than Dan Cathy of Chick-Fil-A infamy. She deserves a second chance.

A second chance to do what?

She's arguably the worst "chef" on TV and she has a serious volume control issue with her voice.

I hope she sells a ****-load of books and gives everyone the bird from behind her mansion gates.

Hey Paula, get a clue!

Stop trying to apologize to ***holes!

Run for Congress and shove their sensitivity to certain words straight up their ***.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:25 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He's right. Enough with the piling on. Leave that woman alone.
I agree. It's like an American Crucifixion gone wrong. Everybody wants to throw their rock. Makes me
want to throw up. Hell, she's done more than her share of good for these heartless bastards. Enough already.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:37 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
I agree. It's like an American Crucifixion gone wrong. Everybody wants to throw their rock. Makes me
want to throw up. Hell, she's done more than her share of good for these heartless bastards. Enough already.
I don't know why Hollis Johnson didn't speak up for her. Or perhaps people that have benefitted from her good deeds as Pres Carter alluded to.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:18 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Nonsense; she deserves to be taken down; racists will not be tolerated

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post

Listen, you don't know this woman. Your "knowledge" of southern ppl is irrelevant. This woman had a prominent position and crossed the line. No mercy and no excuses. At her age, she should've known better. She exposed herself and now continues to get slammed. She needs to disappear.

Racists have no place in this society. As these maggots show themselves, they will be dealt a severe blow.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:22 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Listen, you don't know this woman. Your "knowledge" of southern ppl is irrelevant. This woman had a prominent position and crossed the line. No mercy and no excuses. At her age, she should've known better. She exposed herself and now continues to get slammed. She needs to disappear.

Racists have no place in this society. As these maggots show themselves, they will be dealt a severe blow.
she has more money than your entire family. she can deal with your "blow" kiddo.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:35 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,924,908 times
Hey. Did ya'll know we are on the verge of war in Syria? N-word! Butter!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies