Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 06:23 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,090,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Sure, if you see someone break into a house, or someone jacking up a car and taking the tires, you should call the police. Trouble is, Trayvon wasn't doing anything suspicious. Porky says he was looking into houses, but it's already been proven that there are no windows on the lower levels of these houses in the front. What, was he looking at blank walls? Not to mention Porky is a tremendous liar and just wants to save his skin.
I don't think you have to see someone breaking the law to call police. Sometimes if something or someone doesn't look right, you have to trust your gut feeling.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:23 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,954,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is when you kill the scumbag you will have completed god's plan.
Well I guess God's plan wasn't carried out because the scumbag ended up with two boo boos and is still living.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:24 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,038,366 times
Quote:
The fact is when you kill the scumbag you will have completed god's plan.
Amazing that you're still alive judging by your own standards.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:24 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,672,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
If that were the case I would have to disagree with god.

GZ gave that answer to Hannity when asked if he would do anything different if he could do it again. Trying to think quickly, and not incriminate himself before the trial by admitting that he now wishes he stayed in the car and trying not sound insensitive, he gave the God answer. Now he probably wishes he could take that back too.
On the contrary, I believe if had said, 'yeah, gosh, I never intended for something like this to happen; I feel really bad about having to defend myself; blah, blah, blah, he would have been perceived as a more sympathetic defendant, and it would not have endangered his self-defense claim one iota.

He truly believes what he said.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:25 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,930,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
On the contrary, I believe if had said, 'yeah, gosh, I never intended for something like this to happen; I feel really bad about having to defend myself; blah, blah, blah, he would have been perceived as a more sympathetic defendant, and it would not have endangered his self-defense claim one iota.

He truly believes what he said.
And what does that make him guilty of? Besides being a jackass?

Old 07-05-2013, 06:26 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,570,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
GZ said he was suckered punched at the T and went down immediately. Then... squirmed 50 feet on his back?
Exactly! He must be good because he didn't have any grass stains.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:26 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,273,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Indeed firearm ownership is not for everyone. In the classes that I teach, one of the fist things I ask people to do is to close their eyes and imagine shooting someone in a self defense shooting. Then I ask if they believe they could actually follow through and shoot. If they say no, I suggest that a concealed carry license may not be for them. I'll be glad to train them in firearm safety, but firearm self defense classes might not be for them.
Key is George was on the offensive,....from the time he left his vehicle with a loaded weapon to follow this "unknown" teen.
Since the whole case revolves around whether George was justified in using deadly force too bad the jurors may not be privy to the real George:
George described as Jeykl and Hyde by co-workers....Trayvon Martin Case: George Zimmerman Was 'Jekyll And Hyde,' Former Co-Worker Says

Old 07-05-2013, 06:27 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,050,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
A person who had to defend himself would say he had no choice if he wanted to live. He should have left God out of it. Actually he shouldn't have done the interview at all.
Like it or not, there are people who think Gid plays a role in everything. Sure, sometimes they do so too much but even that doesn't rationalize your thought process on this

Old 07-05-2013, 06:29 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,090,388 times
Quote:
Simpler just to shoot 'em from the car.
You are right..... If GZ wanted him dead, why didn't he shoot him out by the car instead of taking an ass whopping first.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:29 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,672,460 times
Quote:
And what does that make him guilty of? Besides being a jackass?
It goes to intent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.