Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 08:37 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,855,939 times

Advertisements

George Zimmerman's Life and the Neighborhood Burglaries

Take a look at the report of a prior burglary on Feb. 7, 2012, just three weeks before the shooting of Trayvon Martin, where a suspect, Emanuel Burgess, initially got away.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:40 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,091,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Does it really matter what we think? No one posting here is on the jury. It doesn't matter. There is nothing to admit, but I would be shocked to see a Zimmerman supporter admit that this whole thing could have been prevented by Zimmerman not getting out of his car and following Trayvon Martin.
Of course he made a mistake by getting out of the car to keep an eye on TM till cops arrived. But, He had no reason to believe it would become a physical confrontation though.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:41 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,380,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Does it really matter what we think? No one posting here is on the jury. It doesn't matter. There is nothing to admit, but I would be shocked to see a Zimmerman supporter admit that this whole thing could have been prevented by Zimmerman not getting out of his car and following Trayvon Martin.
Your 100% certain TM wouldn't have approached GZ's car and started an altercation?

Were you there? Are you clairevoyant? Come to you in a dream?

They both did stupid things that night.

I still don't see why TM called his girlfriend instead of 911. What could she have done?

Old 07-05-2013, 08:42 PM

40,992 posts, read 49,365,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I know from the trial that Tracy heard the 911 tape 2 weeks before Sybrina. Beause they're divorced you think it's normal for Tracy not to tell her what to expect to hear on the call. I think it's mean.
It will be proven that she knew someone was screaming on the tapes before they were played.

This will prove she lied and hurt her credibility.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:43 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,091,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I know that. I was just asking why taking the stand would be dangerous
No defense attorney ever puts their client on the stand unless they absolutely have to to try avoid a conviction.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:45 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,952,698 times
Quote:
Right now, the defense has the prosecution beat.. If they put Zimmerman on the stand and he makes a mistake it could lead to a conviction that right now he isn't having to look at.. Putting Zimmerman on the stand would be a huge mistake and the defense knows it.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:49 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,673,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
In either case will you admit that the state has not met their burden of proof?
I don't know.

The self-defense argument is questionable because I believe that Trayvon had a right to defend himself just as much if not more than Zimmerman.

Many aspects of Zimmerman's account do not make sense, as I've reiterated in this thread. For example, even George's statement that Trayvon said, "Tonight's your night to die ***."

That would make sense perhaps if Trayvon were indeed what Zimmerman perceived him as, a criminal, a thug. But this was a 17-year old school boy with no history of violent crime whatsoever, who was probably frightened. Trayvon did not have a gun on him. There is nothing to indicate that he had it in him to shoot another person, or even think of shooting a person just because they were fighting, but I believe he sure did try to resist getting shot.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:51 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,401,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
In the first video, GZ says that TM's hand was sliding down his side. He never said anything about TM spotting his gun. It just indicates his fear, and that he possibly had the impression the gun was spotted.

The second video clearly says, "I feel like he saw it."

So, please stop saying, over and over, that GZ said TM SAW his gun. GZ never said TM SAW his gun. He only EVER said he "felt" he had seen it.
Don't ever forget the narrative that GZ said he Forgot he had his gun. until then .... Very strange man he is

Old 07-05-2013, 08:52 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,952,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I don't know.

The self-defense argument is questionable because I believe that Trayvon had a right to defend himself just as much if not more than Zimmerman.

Many aspects of Zimmerman's account do not make sense, as I've reiterated in this thread. For example, even George's statement that Trayvon said, "Tonight's your night to die ***."

That would make sense perhaps if Trayvon were indeed what Zimmerman perceived him as, a criminal, a thug. But this was a 17-year old school boy with no history of violent crime whatsoever, who was probably frightened. Trayvon did not have a gun on him. There is nothing to indicate that he had it in him to shoot another person, or even think of shooting a person just because they were fighting, but I believe he sure did try to resist getting shot.
Your impression of Martin has not been entered into evidence.. The jury is looking at the prosecutions case and right now, they haven't proven it..

Old 07-05-2013, 08:53 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,855,939 times
Quote:
After the poor showing that the Prosecution is doing, I certainly wouldn't put my client on the stand. They are speaking more on emotion than facts. They are leaving the facts to the Defense. Almost all of the witnesses flipped for the Defense. It's a shoddy trial. They should be ashamed to have a law license. It reeks of corruption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies