Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 08:25 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,845,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Why would it be dangerous for him to take the stand when he feels he's innocent and has nothing to hide. Of course the prosecution would try and trip him up but that's what they do. But if he is honest about what happened then he should take the stand. I know I would to clear my name. Why the heck rely on witnesses when you are the only one who knows the true story.
He has already testified via video. No need to take the stand.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:26 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Impossible that the gun was in play early on in the screaming. Goode testified the screams were heard long before he went outside. There was no gun in play when he went outside. Don't you think TM would have yelled to Goode about the gun. And why wouldn't he get off and try to get away from the gun. It's fact that when guns come out, people try to get away from them. It is not natural to move toward a gun.I studied that when becoming a licensed self defense firearm instructor.
Good saw two figures struggling that he could hardly make out the first time. Wasn't he the one who thought it could be a dog attack?

I'm not saying the gun was out in the open, but that Trayvon was trying to restrain Zimmerman from reaching for his gun. Which is speculation of course.

If you get off of someone who is reaching for his gun, and you are in such close proximity, by the time you're on your feet, they could shoot you couldn't they?-- you would know better than I.

Just speculating again, but maybe TM didn't yell to Good "he's got a gun" because he didn't hear him call out to them, because he was screaming. Or else for the same reason that Zimmerman didn't yell out "I'm with Neighborhood Watch!" during the struggle---it's hard to have presence of mind during a struggle.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:27 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
He has already testified via video. No need to take the stand.
I know that. I was just asking why taking the stand would be dangerous

Old 07-05-2013, 08:28 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
The bottom line is, the state has done a pretty shoddy job at proving it's case against Zimmerman and at this point they would be doing good to get a manslaughter conviction.. If they continue to press for Murder 2, then Zimmerman leaves a free man.. This case can only be lost now by Zimmermans defense team.. The prosecution did not prove their case.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:29 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Good saw two figures struggling that he could hardly make out the first time. Wasn't he the one who thought it could be a dog attack?

I'm not saying the gun was out in the open, but that Trayvon was trying to restrain Zimmerman from reaching for his gun.

If you get off of someone who is reaching for his gun, and you are in such close proximity, by the time you're on your feet, they could shoot you couldn't they?-- you would know better than I.

Just speculating now, but maybe TM didn't yell to Good "he's got a gun" because he didn't hear him call out to them, because he was screaming. Or else for the same reason that Zimmerman didn't yell out "I'm with Neighborhood Watch!" during the struggle---it's hard to have presence of mind during a struggle.
In either case will you admit that the state has not met their burden of proof?

Old 07-05-2013, 08:32 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I know that. I was just asking why taking the stand would be dangerous
because Zimmerman is a idiot that can't seem to keep his story straight.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:33 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
Quote:
In either case will you admit that the state has not met their burden of proof?
Does it really matter what we think? No one posting here is on the jury. It doesn't matter. There is nothing to admit, but I would be shocked to see a Zimmerman supporter admit that this whole thing could have been prevented by Zimmerman not getting out of his car and following Trayvon Martin.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:36 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Does it really matter what we think? No one posting here is on the jury. It doesn't matter. There is nothing to admit, but I would be shocked to see a Zimmerman supporter admit that this whole thing could have been prevented by Zimmerman not getting out of his car and following Trayvon Martin.
I'll say it, but I will also say that Martin could have prevented it by continueing on to his apartment rather than confronting Zimmerman... Bottom line, two not so sharp people met in bad circumstances...
It took two to tango.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:36 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
And you know this how? You're familiar with the intimate details of these people's lives? And so what? They're divorced!

!
I know from the trial that Tracy heard the 911 tape 2 weeks before Sybrina. Beause they're divorced you think it's normal for Tracy not to tell her what to expect to hear on the call. I think it's mean.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:37 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,849 times
Quote:
You are right..... If GZ wanted him dead, why didn't he shoot him out by the car instead of taking an ass whopping first.
He needed "license" and social approval.

How to kill somebody, and get away with it without taking too much risk.

He was able to surprise his victim, unlike a fully dressed out cop with a badge.

Some of Zimmie's last words to Trayvon, "Bet you didn't know I had a gun, did ya?"

Zimmie covered that by telling the cops he didn't remember having his gun with him.

Last edited by Nonarchist; 07-05-2013 at 08:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies