Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 09:38 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,596,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
For now, federal government keeps on it's current direction and it'll be their decision since they'll be paying the healthcare cost and making kid or death decisions.
Puh-lease!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 09:54 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,195,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually I do think a woman had a right to choose what does and doesn't grow inside her body. And you are right, no one is forcing a woman to have a baby, that is why she has the choice of abortion if she chooses to not give birth to the fetus inside her.
Let me rephrase that, then. Nobody is forcing you to GET PREGNANT. Unfortunately, it seems like women who are too stupid/lazy to figure out how to use birth control are perfectly capable of finding an abortion doctor the likes of Kermit Gosnell. Go figure.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-06-2013, 09:59 AM

90,296 posts, read 121,020,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Let me rephrase that, then. Nobody is forcing you to GET PREGNANT. Unfortunately, it seems like women who are too stupid/lazy to figure out how to use birth control are perfectly capable of finding an abortion doctor the likes of Kermit Gosnell. Go figure.

20yrsinBranson
Always the woman's fault, isn't it? It's amazing how many of these immaculate conceptions there are, you know?

Old 07-06-2013, 10:09 AM

37,814 posts, read 41,113,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
For now, federal government keeps on it's current direction and it'll be their decision since they'll be paying the healthcare cost and making kid or death decisions.
You've got that right. Maybe some of you don't remember that chilling paper "The Complete Lives System" written by then White House Advisor Rahm Emmanuel's doctor brother, Ezekiel. He's now with Think Progress (progress, my patootey).

The complete lives system produces a priority curve on which individuals aged between roughly 15 and 40 years get the most substantial chance, whereas the youngest and oldest people get chances that are attenuated. In other words, an 18 year old is worth more for health care spending than a 3 year old or a 55 year old. It also treats life-years given to elderly or disabled people as objectively less valuable.

That's why it's so important to ditch Obamacare. These Mengele-types like Ezekiel Emmanuel are the ones that influenced it.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:27 AM

8,901 posts, read 5,398,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Just a few weeks ago a family was arrested. Their neglect of a down syndrome child resulted in his death. A horrible death at that. .
Could you refer me to that case?

I have found that in many cases like this the family fought tooth and nail to keep possession of the neglected child.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,023,303 times
Quote:
I think that is up to a mother and possibly a father to decide if they wish to raise a child with down syndrome. It is not an easy choice to abort a child, it is also not an easy choice to raise a child with down syndrome.
The choice to raise a child with any severe disability should be left to parents and only the parents. You are so right. I am a strong supporter of right to life and I can only understand abortion in rare situation, but there are times when it is an option...and only those faced with the decision can know how it feels.

Our granddaughter, who is very pro life was carrying a baby that had no nose, a deformed forehead aht the brain was outside the skull. It was not down syndrome I will add and yes, you can determine down syndrome prior to 20 weeks. Anyway, they made the decision to terminate the pregnancy and I know how hard it was for them. since then, they have had a wonderful, healthy, very busy little girl.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:38 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,271,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post

20yrsinBranson
So it isn't the man's fault for blowing his load inside a woman? Also you are aware condoms and birth control are not 100%, there is a small chance for pregnancy.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:04 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,177,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
The choice to raise a child with any severe disability should be left to parents and only the parents. You are so right. I am a strong supporter of right to life and I can only understand abortion in rare situation, but there are times when it is an option...and only those faced with the decision can know how it feels.

Our granddaughter, who is very pro life was carrying a baby that had no nose, a deformed forehead aht the brain was outside the skull. It was not down syndrome I will add and yes, you can determine down syndrome prior to 20 weeks. Anyway, they made the decision to terminate the pregnancy and I know how hard it was for them. since then, they have had a wonderful, healthy, very busy little girl.
Sounds like it was ancencephaly.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:18 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,262,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Could you refer me to that case?

I have found that in many cases like this the family fought tooth and nail to keep possession of the neglected child.
Pa. man with Down syndrome dies after gruesome neglect; mother, sisters charged | Fox News
This happens and what is amazing that it doesn't happen more often. This could have been my daughter had I not taken her away from her mother. $26,900 dollars in legal fees later my daughter is alive and well. She weighed 84 pounds and was in the ICU for 2 weeks and still the county/state wanted to return her to the loving care of her mother.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:22 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,195,592 times
Quote:
So it isn't the man's fault for blowing his load inside a woman? Also you are aware condoms and birth control are not 100%, there is a small chance for pregnancy.
Except in the cases of rape, the woman is the person who makes the decisions. A woman who is not willing to deal with the concept of contraceptive failure and it's subsequent consequences would be well advised to keep her legs together. Of course, that advice is not as practical for a married woman, but people need to be responsible for their actions.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies