Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2013, 04:11 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,531,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Jamie McGonnigal: The Very Public, Very Desperate Crumbling of the Anti-gay Right

Interesting view point, but I believe "crumbling" is a bit of hyperbole. It is certainly losing steam. Hey, maybe we can discuss this article without venom? Let's discuss the content of the article and not attack the people or groups of people represented. Yeah, I know, but one can hope.
I think the millenials just don't care.....yet. they have bought into the rhetoric of the loony left. I give gay whatever about twenty years. within twenty years the gays will undo themselves. it is an inevitability.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:35 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supine View Post
i have no idea how you concluded that. I don't regard myself as any better than homosexuals or child molesters.

as i said, i couldn't quite figure out what your point was. I differ than you in that i do consider myself better than child molesters.

what i think is i have my sins and vulnerabilities and so does everyone else. My sins or vulnerabilities may be different (or the same) from the next person.

Consenting adulthood is neither here nor there. The concept of "consenting adult" is the symmetrical of of "marriage is only between man and woman" to the extent each are simply adhered to, parroted statements.

consenting adulthood is here and there. Just look at it from a legal standpoint. How you can not see this i don't understand.

you have chosen to use the words "child abuse." i guess that is because you want to state flatly that a child is always harmed by sex, if the sex is with an adult, even if one or more children felt differently.

children can not give consent emotionally or legally. So any adult having sex with a child is an abuser. The law to be effective has to have an age limit.

i would agree children harmed in one way or another by sex with adults. Prepubescent children anyways.

But in terms of sexual morality or immortality i don't think consent homosexual adults engaged in homosexual sex fall neatly into moral categories one place orthodox heterosexuals and on the other side pedophiles. Homosexuals would be some where in between them.

this is absurd and not accepted by any professional who studies sexuality.

two adults can be siblings. I remember a lawyer once telling me he handled a divorce case where a man's wife committed a adultery. She was having a sexual affair with her own biological sister. The two sisters where, as you put it, in caps: Consenting adults.

as much as incest makes me go " ick" i really don't care what consenting adults do. There are laws of various degrees about incest, mostly to prevent issues with newborns.

the ability to consent seems to me to imply some ability to choose. Choice.

imply? Consent is someone making a choice....what are you getting at?...ramble, ramble, ramble.

are you suggesting adults have choices as well as the ability choose? This reminds me of the moral lesson in the ancient story of the apple being bitten into in an ancient garden. In that narrative it is interesting to note the antagonist depicted as a serpent, actively tried to persuade the protagonists into bite into the forbidden fruit (commonly depicted as an apple).

are you saying adults don't have choices or the ability to choose? You've lost me here.

what is it you want me to become persuaded of?

I don't think homosexual attractions are a choice. But i think the human brain can be trained through exercises, over time, to perceive other things as sexy, from what the person had typically regarded as sexy.

I think with training--even if it takes years--a human male can come to see this as sexy:

what a person finds sexy or thrilling changes throughout their life. What doesn't change is their sexual identity. Someone coming out later in life admits that they have always been gay. I may have like blondes when younger and now prefer dark hair, but that hair colour has always been on men.
Again, you sound as if you believe that somehow someone will wave a magic brainwashing wand over you and poof you're gay. That's your issue.

or this

or this

or this

Old 07-06-2013, 05:05 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
LOL @ the cake... oh boy
She's a sexy looking full-figured woman though.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:25 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
I think the millenials just don't care.....yet. they have bought into the rhetoric of the loony left. I give gay whatever about twenty years. within twenty years the gays will undo themselves. it is an inevitability.
Just keep telling yourself that and stop giving me so much importance, please.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:31 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
Homosexuality is still a sin.
"Sins", lulz.

What's the difference between the Bibe and a work of fiction?

No joke, it's a serious question. I see no difference.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Yes, and people will still detest gays but their feelings will be oppressed just the way that they are oppressed about their feelings for n-words. "A person convinced against their will is of the same opinion still."

20yrsinBranson
This is a good thing. The more we keep the scumbag right and their miserable, hate-filled ideology oppressed, the better mankind will be.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No one ever stopped gays from being together.
They want SS benefits, tax benefits, health benefits, etc.
Benefits only allowable under legal conditions.

Just come out and say it for what it really is.

I wonder if your cynical outlook extends to straight couples who milk the system for benefits?

I doubt it, though I'm sure you will claim otherwise.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Technically, gays cannot marry each other in the majority of states. If you can't understand that very simple concept, I can't help you. Perhaps it would be clearer to you this way: You can only marry someone that you have no interest in marrying but the law says you have to. Get it now?
No, technically Jerry Sandusky could not marry the males he was attracted to. The law did not prevent him from marrying a woman--his wife. The law has some restrictions on who people can marry.

Those that are Democrats and/or feminists have a lot of prejudicial opinions specifically about who females should date and/or marry.

You can find Black-American women die-hard zealots of the Democratic religious party, consumed in blind faith to it, that will get made seeing a Black-American man married to a woman that looks like the lady below (in sunglasses in the photo) but be overjoyed at seeing another black man married to a guy that looks like the gent below (in photo to the right of the photo of the woman).

And you have White-American feminist that have their noses involved in who every woman on earth likes in terms of men. They will tell a woman that's a white collar professional (maybe only earning $40,000 a year) in a heartbeat, not to "settle" for the guy that looks like the gent below. For this purpose we'll say he's a carpenter. They'll state that with as much authority and religious righteousness as the person who views homosexuality as a sin tells a guy to marry a woman instead of a man. But that White-American feminist, a devout member of the Democratic religion, will stay silent about a lesbian dating and eventually marrying a woman that looks like the young woman below. For this purpose we'll say she's a non-skilled assembly worker than earns minimum wage. The Feminist might actually clap for her. She'll say, "It's all about love."

Black Butch Women Appreciation

Old 07-06-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
"Sins", lulz.

What's the difference between the Bibe and a work of fiction?

No joke, it's a serious question. I see no difference.
It's a book of theology. But whether or not it is fiction is neither here nor there as fiction in literature and film has often been used to teach moral lessons.

Behold.

Eklavya: The Royal Guard - Trailer - YouTube
The Count Of Monte Cristo - Trailer - YouTube

Old 07-06-2013, 05:58 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
She's a sexy looking full-figured woman though.
I'm not into them that big...but she is cute...I will admit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.