Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 10:44 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well -- they have their feminist nirvana, their easy abortions, their college degrees, prescription happy-pills. What's wrong?

Dramatic Rise In Suicide Rate Among Middle-Aged Women « CBS Miami
Perhaps the social order in place before the "women's movement" wasn't too bad after all, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 10:55 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
That reminds me of those ads they are running for a drug that you are supposed to take with your anti-depressent that boosts it's effectiveness. She says "I feel better now".
So the message is, if the first drug isn't working take a second one with the first.

I also think about how we are told botox and cosmetic surgery are the solution. Get a boob job, that's the key to happiness. A designer purse, or new shoes. Happiness cannot be bought, it doesn't come from the outside, it's within us. We can choose to be happy, or not. I'm not sure happy is the right word, maybe content.
I don't think surgery is the answer either. At least not for myself but I guess if it helps other women feel better about themselves, why not? I will say that it does not help having a society of men who are always looking out for the best body, beautiful face, etc. I see comments on here about women's looks all the time & it's pretty disgusting & depressing.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:00 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I don't think surgery is the answer either. At least not for myself but I guess if it helps other women feel better about themselves, why not? I will say that it does not help having a society of men who are always looking out for the best body, beautiful face, etc. I see comments on here about women's looks all the time & it's pretty disgusting & depressing.
There ya go blaming men again. It's not their fault if women have self-image problems. It's not about what we look like, as much as who we are on the inside - character.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:11 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:
There ya go blaming men again. It's not their fault if women have self-image problems. It's not about what we look like, as much as who we are on the inside - character.
hush you. she's looking for the fat slob of her dreams.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:17 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
You people blame women for everything. Can't take the heat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
hush you. she's looking for the fat slob of her dreams.
Am I?

Old 07-07-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Seed View Post
Hiya Lions. You're no daisy are you? No daisy at all.
no. I have always considered myself more of a god.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
You people blame women for everything. Can't take the heat?

Am I?
my point is that it's a two way street. men are looking for women they are attracted to, and women are looking for men they are attracted to. we're all individuals though. I find most of the hollywood ideas of an attractive female disgusting. I can find a hotter chick at the gas station. doesn't mean that she will find me attractive though.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:22 AM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
You have nothing to contribute, but continue to attack malamute for asking the question, as if he's supposed to have some ulterior motive. Why? You do seem to have issues with men.

snip
Well, he's a she, so .........

Old 07-07-2013, 11:28 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Another unnecessary personal attack on mal, why? His point is we have all the conveniences and yet we wallow in our own self-pity. Victimology doesn't help.
Men don't tend to have the expectations that women do, that may play a part. Men are more adept at rolling with the punches. I could be wrong, but I think generally that is true.
No, the point that poster was trying to make was that WOMEN, not all people, do x, y, z.
The premise of the thread is to denigrate women, even though men have much higher suicide numbers.

For some posters, denigrating women and calling them feminazi's is some silly badge of honor.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
No, the point that poster was trying to make was that WOMEN, not all people, do x, y, z.
The premise of the thread is to denigrate women, even though men have much higher suicide numbers.

For some posters, denigrating women and calling them feminazi's is some silly badge of honor.
why would anyone need to start a thread to denigrate women? sandra fluke did that well enough to last a lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies