Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 10:11 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This is something interesting I've come across with my own research is that virtually every major firearms manufacture company, is based out of democratic states.

Colt: Connecticut
Smith & Wesson: Massachusetts
Mossberg: Connecticut
Springfield Armory: Illinois
Olympic: Washington State
Armalite: Illinois
Charter: Connecticut
Sig Sauer US: New Hampshire
Kahr Arms: New York
Savage: Massachusetts
Kimber: New York
Magnum Research: Minnesota
Ruger: Connecticut
FNH US: Virginia

This is quite funny that the gun nutters, whom also are mainly right wingers are supporting companies, especially from their freakout buying earlier in this year that bankrolled the democratic states where there companies are based.

If democratic states are so bad for business which the far right often claims, why are virtually all gun manufactures based in them? This seems like quite a slap in the face for the right wingers that think nothing says "Merica'" like owning a gun and voting GOP

It really is laughable what some small minded people find interesting. Some of those companies have been in those states for over 150 years, some of those states aren't really "lib states", and many manufacturers are left off of that list. apparently no moonbats ever buy any products that were manufactured in red states. IBTL

Old 07-07-2013, 11:20 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,531,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Love going to Boston. Home of the American Revolution and see them give up their guns to the royalty.

They could never fight that little war today.
damn yankees are like that. first they kill off all of their amerinds then insist on protecting the ones out west. later they kill off all of their black folk and insist on freeing all the ones in the south.....but shipping them back to liberia. in the twentieth century they start to openly fellate each other and insist we do the same......yankees are useless, they aren't even amurrican by my definition.

I agree that they should be disarmed though.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:24 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I noticed that you conveniently forgot to mention that many of them are looking to leave CT and MA... and have been in active discussions with states like TX.
I happen to know Rick Perry is offering them a pretty sweet deal... I am betting Texas gets more than a couple...

Old 07-07-2013, 11:32 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
Quote:
This is something interesting I've come across with my own research is that virtually every major firearms manufacture company, is based out of democratic states.

This is quite funny that the gun nutters, whom also are mainly right wingers are supporting companies, especially from their freakout buying earlier in this year that bankrolled the democratic states where there companies are based.

If democratic states are so bad for business which the far right often claims, why are virtually all gun manufactures based in them? This seems like quite a slap in the face for the right wingers that think nothing says "Merica'" like owning a gun and voting GOP
lol

and yet MORE massive fail from the obama leg-humping champion

whats quite funny is the sheep who call themselves liberals are too stupid to count how many hundreds are NOT in loser states.
as mentioned elsewhere, most are leaving the parasite infested states also.

did your 3 seconds of resarch also tell you colt was getting ready to leave but mysteriously at the last second was awarded an unexpected govt contract ?

if i thought you were worth more than than the 3 minutes i spent typing this, id happily stick around just to own/spand you till bloody

Old 07-07-2013, 11:32 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Default The Vast Majority Of America's Gun Manufactures Are Based In "Lib" States

I own Colt, S&W, Savage, Remington, Winchester, Ruger and Springfield. All very decent firearms. I have no interest in whether they were produced in a red or blue state. Or if the janitor voted GOP or Dem. They offer a good product and have good reputations for quality and support.

That's what counts.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:36 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:

The spittle-spewing response would seem to indicate that you've struck a nerve.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:36 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
[quote=TempesT68;30362016]This is something interesting I've come across with my own research is that virtually every major firearms manufacture company, is based out of democratic states.

/quote]

Unlike the 19th century, the industry employs a tiny headcount nowadays. The largest in Ct, Colt, employs just 700. If we assume a $40k median salary w/OT (and state data from the industry shows its median wage is less than mfg overall), that would amount to $28 mill in payroll.

The 5 execs profiled on Sturm Ruger made over $5 million base last year per the website. They employ 46 at the hq, and they have indicated its going nowhere. They have made the guns in Az for decades now.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:53 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Many of the "manufactures" you listed are nothing more than the US office which handles the paperwork associated with the importation from another country. Many of the companies you listed are in the process of leaving the "lib" states they are stuck in.

Your thread = FAILURE once again.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:05 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
I do often wonder why gun makers operate here. Here's a whacky rule... If I walk out of work with a manufactured receiver, even if it is partially manufactured and not yet operational, it is considered a gun. Technically, I could be arrested and locked up if it was in my possession!

Old 07-07-2013, 12:19 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:

So what??? It would be a more interesting thread about Obama likes gravy on his mashed potatoes. What is a democratic state by the way? A state that votes 51% D to 49% R. Keep the ignorance coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies