Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 11:15 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
I may have missed this if it was already covered, but was there any DNA other than Zimmerman's found on the gun?

I thought I remember hearing the officer on the scene that took the weapon from Zimmerman testify that he took the weapon and holster without using gloves and placed it in his squad car. I was just curious if they found his (the officer's) DNA on the weapon/holster because he actually admitted that he handled them without gloves.

It's been bugging me - does anyone remember him saying this, or am I mistaken?
In a trial everything has to be 'relevant' to the subject of the trial. If there was DNA from the offices it can't be brought up.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:18 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
IIRC, in Zimmerman's reenactment, he stated that Ms hand was moving down his side towards his holstered handgun. I don't believe he said that Ms hands were on it, but could be wrong.

It does bring out another good arguement. Some people made the case that M saw the gun and that the screaming for help was him, while he was fighting fighting for the gun. The screaming went on for about a minute on the 911 call. If he saw it and fought for the gun for a minute, it's hard to believe that he wouldn't have touched the gun and perhaps cut/bruised his hands. Either should have left some DNA on the gun.

Zimmerman had been taking those grappling lessons...with a weight advantage, no doubt Zimmerman was on top at one time or another. Zimmerman's DNA was present on both gun and holster, along with 1 or 2 others, but none from Trayvon Martin. That the screaming came to a full stop immediately after the shot, it makes it less likely that it was Zimmerman screaming. He made sure to tell John Good that he'd been yelling for help and nobody came. If he didn't know that Martin was dead (as he says), why not continue to yell for help?

Old 07-10-2013, 11:18 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
And only after a higher court ruled the state was withholding. Nelson put off ruling on the sanction until after the trial. Gee, I wonder why?

Sadly they (the state) doesn't want any evidence that puts Travon in a bad light, being that they presented absolutely no character witness's. in his favor.
The Appellate Court ruled that the State was withholding evidence? I didn't realize that.

I knew they ruled that Crump's deposition could be taken within certain parameters, but missed the part about the State withholding evidence.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:19 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Zimmerman had been taking those grappling lessons...with a weight advantage, no doubt Zimmerman was on top at one time or another. Zimmerman's DNA was present on both gun and holster, along with 1 or 2 others, but none from Trayvon Martin. That the screaming came to a full stop immediately after the shot, it makes it less likely that it was Zimmerman screaming. He made sure to tell John Good that he'd been yelling for help and nobody came. If he didn't know that Martin was dead (as he says), why not continue to yell for help?
Why not continue? The threat was neutralized. Pretty basic stuff.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:22 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
"Fighting" for the gun could have consisted completely of Martin trying to hold Zimmerman down in order to prevent Zimmerman from reaching his gun, pulling it, and shooting it at him. I don't think Martin was struggling with Zimmerman to get the gun, but, rather, once he realized Zimmerman had that gun, he was trying to stop Zimmerman from getting it out of the holster and shooting him. I think TM was trying to restrain Zimmerman so he couldn't shoot him with the gun and that's why he was the one screaming, hoping somebody would come help him restrain Zimmerman from using the gun.
Many TM supporters on this forum are still speculating, what if, maybe this, maybe that, could have been this, or could have been that......
At this point in the trial, if the jurors are anything like the people on this forum, then there is significant "reasonable doubt" and they will have to vote a not guilty verdict.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:23 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
No, he didn't. But keep believing your team is winning, even though they're down 100-0.

And I don't know that anyone has said Trayvon actually reached for the gun. It might have appeared he was reaching for the gun, but nobody can say for sure.
Zimmerman has said that Trayvon reached for the gun, in both his police station interview, and in his re-enactment.

Remember Trayvon was supposedly reaching for the gun, and saying "you're gonna die tonight ***."

Old 07-10-2013, 11:29 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Many TM supporters on this forum are still speculating, what if, maybe this, maybe that, could have been this, or could have been that......
At this point in the trial if the jurors are anything like the people on this forum, then there is significant "reasonable doubt" and the will have to vote a not guilty verdict.
Whatever. We all have our opinions based on what we, as individuals, have read about this case, and what we think we have heard from the witness stand. A LOT of the stuff we, those of us posting here, have heard about which the jury has no knowledge whatsoever. I remember hearing a witness saying that when they saw Martin and Zimmerman on the ground and it looked like Martin had his hands on Zimmerman's shoulders, not punching him, and that description seemed to me to indicate that Martin was trying to hold Zimmerman down.

You're right, we don't know what the jury is thinking at this point. Be sure to listen to the Jury Charge regarding how the jurors are to determine the credibility of the witnesses as well as an explanation of what a "reasonable doubt" is....yes, it does have a legal definition/description.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:30 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I hope he also sues The Young Turds. They're the ones who puked up the "f***ing *oons" crap.

Who was it who successfully sued the Natl Enq. years ago? One of the Gabors? I can't remember.
Lots of people have successfully sued the enquirer.

I keep thinking of the Richard Jewel settlements where all the major news outlets were casting him as the basement dwelling loser and how he set it up to make himself a hero.....

Zimmerman, regardless how anyone feels about him, is going to collect plenty from NBC and others for some of their coverage.

Really, our news media is SO BAD anymore. Completely untrustworthy.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:30 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
I may have missed this if it was already covered, but was there any DNA other than Zimmerman's found on the gun?

I thought I remember hearing the officer on the scene that took the weapon from Zimmerman testify that he took the weapon and holster without using gloves and placed it in his squad car. I was just curious if they found his (the officer's) DNA on the weapon/holster because he actually admitted that he handled them without gloves.

It's been bugging me - does anyone remember him saying this, or am I mistaken?
The DNA report on the gun is here:

http://cfnews13.com/content/dam/news...Lab-report.pdf

Old 07-10-2013, 11:31 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
And only after a higher court ruled the state was withholding. Nelson put off ruling on the sanction until after the trial. Gee, I wonder why?

Sadly they (the state) doesn't want any evidence that puts Travon in a bad light, being that they presented absolutely no character witness's. in his favor.
Zimmerman is on trial not Martin. Why would they put on character witnesses for Martin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies