Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 11:53 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,231,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
If I were on the jury I would think it's very odd that the fighting expert, and everyone really, has to speculate about the mechanics of the fight, and the only person who knows, Zimmerman, doesn't describe it himself.
Exactly!!
Wow....Judge almost had to threaten the Defense attorney when he wouldn't allow Zimmerman to answer as to whether he is gonna testify....What gives....

Old 07-10-2013, 11:53 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Whatever. We all have our opinions based on what we, as individuals, have read about this case, and what we think we have heard from the witness stand. A LOT of the stuff we, those of us posting here, have heard about which the jury has no knowledge whatsoever. I remember hearing a witness saying that when they saw Martin and Zimmerman on the ground and it looked like Martin had his hands on Zimmerman's shoulders, not punching him, and that description seemed to me to indicate that Martin was trying to hold Zimmerman down.

You're right, we don't know what the jury is thinking at this point. Be sure to listen to the Jury Charge regarding how the jurors are to determine the credibility of the witnesses as well as an explanation of what a "reasonable doubt" is....yes, it does have a legal definition/description.
Which witness was that? I was under the impression that the only witness that identified who was on top was Good (I believe was the name, the middle age, bearded white guy). He identified the guy on top as M, correct. BUt he was the one that also described the guy on top swinging his arms "MMA style" and "ground and pounding" the other guy. Was there another witness that described someone being held down?

Old 07-10-2013, 11:54 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
The Defense objected to the Judges questions even after overruled .... repeatedly?????? Errrr, where did they take Law classes?

Old 07-10-2013, 11:55 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
It's sounding like the state's now pushing the 'Trayvon was pulling back' theory. Guy wants the jury to believe gz moved his free right arm and wrist contortionist style to shoot tm at a 90 degree angle. If they haven't come up with a reasonable how it Really happened, don't give near impossible theories.
The state knows their original theory of G.Z. on top is now totally busted so now they're trying to create another and rescue what's left of their case. Doing very badly at it I might add.

The only thing that's been proven to date beyond all reasonable doubt is two things, T.M. was shot and died (of course when he died is wholly dependent on which "expert" you listen to.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:55 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
She was trying to get him to say HOW MUCH time he needs to decide. When he tried to answer that it depends on the length of recesses, etc, she shut him down and wouldn't let him speak. That's what West was objecting to.....her trying to force him to say how much time he needs.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Orrrrr a young adult was gunned down for beating some dudes face in.
I didnt know winning a fight that you didnt start justified someone killing you.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:57 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
This is a great interview between Steve Malzberg and Alan Dershowitz on the Zimmerman trial. Dershowitz starts by slamming Angela Corey, the Florida prosecutor, for overcharging the case and said if there is rioting after this is over, blame falls squarely on her shoulders. He said what she did was unethical and that she is corrupt and politically motivated.

He also talked about what might happen in the case at this point, noting that he believes reasonable doubt has been established and that Zimmerman will likely walk free. But he also gets into what we know and don’t know, and how he believes the prosecution will try and go for a lesser charge.

Alan Dershowitz: If rioting happens after Zimmerman verdict, fault rests squarly on Fla. prosecutor Angela Corey » The Right Scoop -

Old 07-10-2013, 11:58 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Defense objected to the Judges questions even after overruled .... repeatedly?????? Errrr, where did they take Law classes?
The judge was wrong there. He doesn't have to give an answer until after they rest. Also, his attorneys are allowed to speak for him there. She's a wench.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:58 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,177,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
If I were on the jury I would think it's very odd that the fighting expert, and everyone really, has to speculate about the mechanics of the fight, and the only person who knows, Zimmerman, doesn't describe it himself.

The state has to prove this was a murder. Zimmerman does not have to say anything. He is winning, so why take a chance?

Old 07-10-2013, 11:59 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That's a possible scenario, I don't deny it. My issue is that the screaming went on for about a minute on the 911 tape, and IIRC that call recording started somewhere after the screaming started. I have a little trouble buying that they were fighting for the gun for that long without Ms hands ending up on it. In a struggle, the guy on top has all the advantages, gravity is working for him. If the struggle went on that long for the gun, IMO (and it's only an opinion) I think M would have gotten it from George. Even more so, had they been struggling while Z was draw it, I would have to expect that M would grab the gun once it was out of the holster. In which case I'd expect cuts or bruising of his hands and DNA on the gun.
Zimmerman weighed 40 lbs more than Martin, had been taking classes in "grappling" (I think that means something like wrestling), it doesn't surprise me that Zimmerman would have been able to "wiggle" out from under Martin and just with his weight was able to "throw" Martin at some point. I think Martin was smart enough to know that he needed help desperately in order to stop Zimmerman from using that gun to shoot him, and that it was absurd to think that once the gun was in Zimmerman's hand that he could stop him from pulling the trigger by fighting him for the gun, therefore, he's trying to prevent Zimmerman from having freedom to reach for the gun, and that's WHY Martin continued and continued to scream until the gunshot was heard, whereupon, the screaming immediately ceased. Martin did indeed need someone to help him hold Zimmerman down, and no one came before Zimmerman pulled his gun out of that holster and shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies