Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 08:09 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,414,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Is West saying that the prosecution knew about the hidden files all this time and deliberately withheld the phone from them?
Yep, I think that's what that hearing was all about. I was wondering if that witness was the guy from the State Attorney's office whom I heard came forward with that information. Guess that guy wants to work for the Public Defender's Office, but I'm guessing he's going to have a problem with being perceived as "trustworthy"...........in order to get a job in any attorney's office.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:10 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,735,984 times
Judge Nelson kept the defense there until just a few minutes ago. This is truly bizarre. 13 hours in court?

Judge Nelson: “Motion Denied I know better than the writers of the Constitutions of both Florida and the United States.” /sarc

Forgetting all the other reversible errors by the judge I would think keeping defense lawyers way after normal court hours where they might make key mistakes b/c of being tired could be included in an appeal.

Damn craziest trial I have ever followed.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:12 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,849,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
You understand that Paul and Silas were in prison for preaching the gospel, right? Zero comparison with why Zimmerman is in jail. I see you are backpedaling from your prior comment. Good. Carry on.
It doesn't matter what they were in for. Joseph wasn't doing anything wrong, jealous brothers sell him to the Midianites, Potiphar's wife furious that Joseph thwarts her advances and is put in prison - He trusted God and was eventually elevated in position. That's the lesson. Good or bad, trust in God.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:12 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,735,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Judge Nelson is positively tired of the defense's BS. They already have two potential witness sequestration violations and they want to sit there and argue about sleazy tactics by the State? Please. They were caught with their hands in the cookie jar once again and the court has had enough.
Never heard of that one before. Please enlighten me. You mean the witnesses have been locked up all this time?

Old 07-09-2013, 08:13 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,659,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Judge Nelson kept the defense there until just a few minutes ago. This is truly bizarre. 13 hours in court?

Judge Nelson: “Motion Denied I know better than the writers of the Constitutions of both Florida and the United States.” /sarc

Forgetting all the other reversible errors by the judge I would think keeping defense lawyers way after normal court hours where they might make key mistakes b/c of being tired could be included in an appeal.

And you know they're all working before court and after---amazing.

16,235 posts, read 25,240,296 times
What I saw was they were hashing over the animation....tabled til tomorrow. Then over defense wanting to admitt phone texts, pics, and facebook from Trayvon's phone. Judge is gonna rule in am. All heck was breaking loose....And, don't cha know....George is still sitting there stone faced....
EDIT TO ADD: Also ruling in am on Donnelly...some sort of violation about his talking to another witness, or something??, and the animation guy having talked to witness Good, who helped him prepare his animation...2 seperate sequester violations by the defense.

Last edited by JanND; 07-09-2013 at 08:24 PM.. Reason: add text

11,185 posts, read 6,516,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Not yet. My point is why is the prosecution not trying to admit anything from Zimmerman's past misdeeds, of which he had many. Was Zimmerman's phone scoured for deleted messages. I'll bet anything it wasn't. Why only Trayvon's?
Sorry to break the news to you, but it was the state that stopped the defense from bringing in gz's past history. The defense Wanted to admit his record, no felony.

Why did the state object ? Beause they understood it opened the door to Trayvon's suspensions, fighting, weed, etc.

GZ hitting a woman is bad. The woman, however, could be called to say gz is a changed man since 2005.

Trayvon, on the other hand ... a recent history of illegal, anti-social, troubled behavior. The state didn't want that. Gee, I wonder why ?

4,814 posts, read 3,849,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post

To include the animation?

Old 07-09-2013, 08:14 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,387,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Rachel's Tweets - YouTube

This is good for some laughs. Beck reading Rachel's tweets
"The prosecution in the Zimmerman trial suffered a major blow when a key witness, a high school senioer showed she was unable to read cursive. Reading cursive used to be a skill taught in the 3rd grade, taking not all that much effort on the part of the teacher. But hey, the witness got passing grades, so she must have learned something more important, right?"

http://rense.com/general96/blooms.html

http://www.bullittcountyhistory.com/...lexam1912.html

Last edited by Nonarchist; 07-09-2013 at 08:32 PM..

Old 07-09-2013, 08:15 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,414,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I'm not really sure what just happened. Everyone was mad. Mad and tired. This judge is incredible. She's going home now to go over case law, maybe for hours, and then she'll be back in the court by 8 a.m.
Actually, it's not all that unusual for complicated cases like this to consume this many hours by attorneys, court personnel, and Judges even. She has to rule on at least two issues tomorrow. Whether or not to admit the animation "evidence" and whether or not to put on all that evidence about what that guy found on the cell phone. She has LOTS AND LOTS of case law to read and review. I'm guessing her law clerks are working all night too. Last night the prosecutors had to take depositions, one of the defense pathologist and I think they took the animation guy's depo too. That meant they had to hire court reporters to report those depos and provide TRANSCRIPTS within a few hours after the depos were over. That cost them BIG MONEY, more than they had to pay the pathologist!

This trial has really turned in to an extremely nasty trial!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies