Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 08:08 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,777,759 times

Advertisements

Read this article this morning, thought it was interesting.

Can't post it all here, but a snip:
"Welcome to the huge disconnect in health reform. On the one hand there are the people who are supposed to benefit from health reform. On the other hand there are the people who talk about it and write about it. I think it’s fair to say these two groups almost never meet."

Why The White House Is Panicking About ObamaCare - Forbes

Do you agree with the author?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 08:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
I think they got pressure from big business and labor unions, that's what.

They didn't modify individual mandates, only business mandates.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:14 AM

4,511 posts, read 5,050,257 times
Because it's going to be a disaster ! It's going to cost the average person more, although some people will benefit from it. You're going to see those politicians that were gung-ho, start to back away from it. It's really a shame because it was not well thought out in the beginning. You can't have a 2,000 + page document and not give those responsible time to read it. Remember Nancy's famous words, "We'll look at it AFTER we pass it" ? ( I'm paraphrasing here) but it was something like that.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:15 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times
They realized the 2014 elections were on the horizon and they didn't want the negative impact on the unemployment numbers. They are trying to put as much space between the passage of this bill and its impact as possible. Obama doesn't want it implemented on his watch. You just wait and see, he'll delay employer mandates past his presidency.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:18 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,760,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Because it's going to be a disaster ! It's going to cost the average person more, although some people will benefit from it. You're going to see those politicians that were gung-ho, start to back away from it. It's really a shame because it was not well thought out in the beginning. You can't have a 2,000 + page document and not give those responsible time to read it. Remember Nancy's famous words, "We'll look at it AFTER we pass it" ? ( I'm paraphrasing here) but it was something like that.
I just saw the clip of where she said it the other night. She actually said it with a smile. What blows my mind is there were enough people stupid enough to agree with her and pass this piece of garbage legislation.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:19 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,760,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
They realized the 2014 elections were on the horizon and they didn't want the negative impact on the unemployment numbers. They are trying to put as much space between the passage of this bill and its impact as possible. Obama doesn't want it implemented on his watch. You just wait and see, he'll delay employer mandates past his presidency.
This is exactly correct.

And once again, people have their blinders on.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:22 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,777,759 times
I certainly don't see how delaying any part of the bill is going to help it's popularity.

Even the most optimistic Obama worshiper has to admit that delays in the ACA are bringing about more doubt from all sides in the laws' viability.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:23 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I agree on the first part but not on the second part. They definitely don't want it implemented before the midterm. I disagree that it'll be delayed past his presidency though. Leaving it to someone else to implement leaves its fate (and Obama's legacy) in question.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:31 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Even the most optimistic Obama worshiper has to admit that delays in the ACA are bringing about more doubt from all sides in the laws' viability.
Nope, they're just "fixing things" to make it even better. While some have come to the realization that it's a trainwreck, there's plenty of supporters who refuse to see a single flaw in anything Obama does.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:33 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,580 times
Obama isn't panicked, though democrats in the house and senate are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies