Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 12:56 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I've answered everyone of your questions you just didnt like the response. YOUR CULTURE HAS A PROBLEM killing themselves. Legalizing drugs wont help if that's your idiotic answer.

Causes not symptoms, thats how you treat the cancer that is killing your race.
Exactly, you cure the *cause*. If youth are killing each other because they are engaged in drug wars, how do you cure it? You eliminate the basis of the drug war.. Same with Prohibition. The similarities are astounding, but you don't want to see them.

And if you're going to result to insults, we're done.

6,351 posts, read 9,981,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I firmly believe that the prosecution threw the trial on purpose and the state attorney Angela Corey smiling like a Cheshire cat was beyond odd. She almost seemed gleeful.

Viewers wonder: Why is Florida state attorney Angela Corey smiling so big? | Twitchy

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Then it should have been in evidence.... Was it? I could have missed it in the transcripts but I don't remember seeing where Martin ran from the scene... Please link that for me...
Really? File:Trayvon Martin Shooting Call1.ogg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Feel free to listen to it all or jump to the 2:05 mark.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:57 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,066,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
It's not his job to "catch" anyone. You wait for the police to apprehend a suspect. Let's say Trayvon was the burglar they'd all been looking for. Zimmerman had no authority to detain/arrest him, so just stand back and let the cops do their work.
Maybe his purpose was to just slow the guy down by talking to him until the police arrived.

Quote:
re: the gun. That is so silly, I can't even...
My point was that it could be argued that leaving a gun unattended in a car might be irresponsible and that it should be carried on one's person for safe keeping.

Quote:
From your final standpoint, I can see there's no having a reasonable discussion with you...
It would be easier if you could put forth some sort of a rational argument rather than emotion.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
It would have been a miscarriage of justice has GZ been found guilty. The evidence just wasn't there. Nearly every state witness corroborated GZ's testimony. The only thing I saw was a state asking the jury to convict based on emotion and no facts... I prefer facts.
Again... if you believe GZ has some culpability, then you shouldn't be cheering him on for getting off. THAT is the miscarriage of justice, not the prosecutors inability to deliver a guilty verdict.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:59 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Answers. he left his car to see where Martin was going. IF I was in a neighborhood watch, and there had been several breakins in the neighborhood, I may have done the same.

As for leaving with a weapon? Really? I am normally armed, in one manner or another. Has it been necessary? yes, one of my neighbor's 18 year old niece came home and found their front door open, and came and got me. By the time the Police arrived, I had an armed intruder laying face down, and spread eagled, awaiting them.

NOW, the question, was it necessary? Maybe not, MAYBE they would have arrived before he had a chance to leave as they pulled up sirens blaring at 02:30 in the morning, and their lights flashing.... The bottom line, she was safe, and they got him. Thankfully, I didn't shoot anyone. Was I prepared to, the answer is yes. Did I want to? No.

Now, some questions for you...

I was taught back when I was a kid, if someone was following me, to go to someone's door and knock and ask them to call the police. (Back then we didn't have cell phones, in fact our phones had rotary dials on them, we didn't even have touch tone). What were YOU taught to do? If I am right, probably the same thing, get to a neighbor's house, or someone's house and ask them to call the police.

Had Martin done that, or even called 911, you and I wouldn't be having this disagreement.

lastly, as for being in good shape, if it's dark, and I have a lead on someone, I can run and hide, whether they are in good shape or not. Unless they are 10 ft behind me, in the dark, it's easy to hide.

Look, both people were in the wrong, but the bottom line is, Martin was the aggressor. All logic points to that. Zimmerman, yes he was wrong, and again, I agree, an involuntary manslaughter charge is something that could have been proven. They decided to go for the gusto, and it cost the prosecution, AND all those who demanded immediate charges. If the state had been given time, they may very well have arrived at the conclusion that they could prosecute for the involuntary manslaughter, and may have very will convicted him on that. In their rush to appease everyone, this is the result.
Is it impossible to get a street address while driving in your car? Must you get out of your car to find one?

I agree that Martin should have gone to a neighbor's to ask for help. I don't agree with others who say he should've gone home.

I don't know if Martin was the aggressor and neither do you. I do believe he was "winning" the fight.

I would have been satisfied with an involuntary manslaughter conviction.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I firmly believe that the prosecution threw the trial on purpose and the state attorney Angela Corey smiling like a Cheshire cat was beyond odd. She almost seemed gleeful.
What do you think they could have done differently? Was there additional evidence they could have introduced to support the State's case? They really didn't have much to work with in overcoming the defense of self defense.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
If you want to blame black people for white people losing their majority in this country and Obama ushering in the new America that is not going away, then go right ahead.
...But I don't blame black people for that. In fact, I even voted for Obama, twice, and argued against people's voting for McCain and Romney. (Not what you were expecting to read?)

Old 07-14-2013, 01:01 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
Maybe Angela Corey was smiling because now she won't be sanctioned for withholding evidence...maybe she gets a pass....

I'd be happy too.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
It would be easier if you could put forth some sort of a rational argument rather than emotion.
Says the guy who created an entirely fictitious narrative of TM wanting to commit murder? Really?

And you still have a post that doesn't make sense to explain to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies