Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 07:36 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
LOL I quit smoking in my mid-20s because it just put me to sleep.
Quit late teens. That's one defense argument I didn't buy. In fact that was one of the few things Rachel got right in her interviews. Weed used to make me famished.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:41 PM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,695 times
Default There's an answer to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRolle View Post
I've been puffing for 10 years and I have not been arrested ONCE. But whn I smoke, I get couchlock and eat all day.
Try something with more CBD's and less THC.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:50 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
It depends on the culture.

Marijuana references in violent rap and other hip hop music is more than common. Like I said. It was just one piece of info that was used to paint a bigger picture.
So are sex references.

Should we now ASSume sex leads to violent behavior?

DAMN!

Someone stoned having sex must be a mass murderer!

Reality is they'd likely just go to sleep.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:01 PM

Default All laws are not just

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
It's illegal!

I don't particularly like speed limit laws, but I respect them because they are laws. If speeding 20 mph over the limit becomes legal, I'll start doing it. Weed laws are changing, so have a little patience.
By that logic you would have had people turn in escaped slaves prior to the end of the Civil War.

We've had patience, lots of it, waiting while the US Gov and the DEA waged a FOURTY YEAR WAR that is still continuing to put people in prison for a non toxic weed.

Trayvon should not be judged because he had a trace of THC in his body. He was unarmed, not impaired, and simply walking home. Zimmerman can not say the same. If Zimmerman stayed in the car, as the police told him to, Trayvon would be alive today.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:11 PM

Default Cite something besides the Reefer Madness movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
There are some people who do get aggressive or violent after smoking weed. Different people can reatct different ways to drugs. Also, his being under the influence means his decision making skills were impaired.
Show us a double blind study, not done by the government, that says anyone gets violent as a result of cannabis use. I'm willing to bet there isn't one.

How do you know he was 'under the influence"? having a TRACE of THC in your blood does not automatically make you under the influence. You might be confusing that with zero tolerance laws. Being under the influence/impairment depends on the amount, also affected by your weight, and how long ago you last used it, how experianced you are, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies