Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 12:30 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
As a Black man I have to lol, at all the "outrage" from blacks, liberals, and the liberal media, about the how the Travon Martin trail verdict. but you don't here a peep out of most of these people at the slaughter of young black men by other black men going on in Chicago right now(and other urban areas). If Geoarge Zimmerman was black and had shot and killed Treyvon Martin(for whatever reason) that trial wouldn't have gotten 30 seconds on the news, there would be any protest. I guess black people who get murdered don't count unless its by "whitey". Where the Outrage for Chicago, where's the mass protest, where's those clowns Jesse Jackson, and Al sharpton? When is President Obama going to address the violence is Chicago? When I go out, I don't worry about being harmed by a white person, I'm more worried about somebody who looks like me putting a bullet in my back.

72 Shot in Chicago in Wave of Holiday Weekend Violence | NBC Chicago

Chicago shootings violence July 14 to 15: 2 killed in city attacks - chicagotribune.com

Chicago Gun Violence: 5 Killed, 16 Wounded Over Weekend As Marchers Plead For Peace
They actually make references quite often.

But you don't watch it to know any different.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 12:35 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Well one Black lib Jelani something or other in the New Yorker said Blacks show they care with those stuffed animal memorials. I just laughed.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:36 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,184,310 times
This issue is less about the media than the so-called leaders or public figures that try to represent the African American communities.

The shootings in Chicago have gotten plenty of media coverage. The murder rampage of 2012 raised all kinds of attention and that has continued as Chicago responded.

However the public figures (including politicians) don't like to talk much about blacks killing blacks. They want to talk about guns. They aren't talking about why gangs are so common, uncontrolled, and violent. They don't talk about why these killers don't have something more productive to do.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:45 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
As a Black man I have to lol, at all the "outrage" from blacks, liberals, and the liberal media, about the how the Travon Martin trail verdict. but you don't here a peep out of most of these people at the slaughter of young black men by other black men going on in Chicago right now(and other urban areas). If Geoarge Zimmerman was black and had shot and killed Treyvon Martin(for whatever reason) that trial wouldn't have gotten 30 seconds on the news, there would be any protest. I guess black people who get murdered don't count unless its by "whitey". Where the Outrage for Chicago, where's the mass protest, where's those clowns Jesse Jackson, and Al sharpton? When is President Obama going to address the violence is Chicago? When I go out, I don't worry about being harmed by a white person, I'm more worried about somebody who looks like me putting a bullet in my back.

Chicago shootings violence July 14 to 15: 2 killed in city attacks - chicagotribune.com

Chicago Gun Violence: 5 Killed, 16 Wounded Over Weekend As Marchers Plead For Peace
Your location, Houston, Texas.
People in the community are on the news almost daily, of course people outside of the Chicago TV station viewing area wouldn't know that.

Father Pfleger hosts anti-violence march, rally in Chicago - Chicago News and Weather | FOX 32 News

Old 07-15-2013, 12:47 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
The reason why people ignore the violence issue is because quite a bit of it comes from liberal policies of the last 40 years or so. The fact of the matter is most gang members come from fatherless families and quite a few (forget the stats)were raised on welfare. However the liberal media blames other factors like education (yes an issue certainly)and no job opportunities (also an issue but if people are getting welfare many don't want to work).

Old 07-15-2013, 12:50 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:

Did CPD find someone who shot a kid, and let them walk? No? Then stop making stupid comparisons.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:51 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Black on black violence is talked about and there are protests. Just because you don't see them (or they don't gain national attention), doesn't mean they don't happen.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:54 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Did CPD find someone who shot a kid, and let them walk? No? Then stop making stupid comparisons.
Isn't the outrage because a black youth was killed? Well black youth have killed more black youth the last forty years than any imagined racist conspiracy. If you're too much of a imbecile or too much of a political hack to understand that, then I can't help you.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:59 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Isn't the outrage because a black youth was killed? Well black youth have killed more black youth the last forty years than any imagined racist conspiracy. If you're too much of a imbecile or too much of a political hack to understand that, then I can't help you.
No. The outrage was over an armed man just being able to walk away from killing an unarmed kid. So unless there's a wave of Chicago killers running around, shooting people, then carrying on w/ their day, your example remains a stupid comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies