Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 09:29 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times

Advertisements

I wonder if Zimmerman and family should file a civil suit against Treyvon's parents,Al Sharpton,Jesse Jackson et al?
Treyvon was a minor and so the parents (in many states) are financially/legally responsible for anything their offspring do.
Following this theory maybe Zimmerman should file a suit to recover all trial costs, doctor costs,lost time,pain and suffering and future lost wages considering he's going to have to hide for quite a while for something it was judged to justified.

Yes, he'd look bad doing so but at this point how could he be perceived any worse than he already is? What's he got to lose, let's drag everything the prosecution did, everything the race baiters have done and everything the family attorney has been saying into a courtroom.

Maybe it's time to put all of them in the spotlight and see if they can stand up to all the attention and scrutiny?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 09:30 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
He should do it...absolutely...

anything to stick it to the witch hunt..absolutely. Make "social justice" TAKE IT DEEP.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:31 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
I don't think Jesse Jackson or the parents had much to do with anything. An argument could be made that Sharpton defamed him. Zimmerman is not a public figure. At any rate he has a good case against NBC. Should be able to extract an apology and a couple million.

I also think he should go after Angela Corey. She called him a murderer when he has been acquitted for an agent of the state to do that it's unconscienable.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:33 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,176,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I wonder if Zimmerman and family should file a civil suit against Treyvon's parents,Al Sharpton,Jesse Jackson et al?
Treyvon was a minor and so the parents (in many states) are financially/legally responsible for anything their offspring do.
Following this theory maybe Zimmerman should file a suit to recover all trial costs, doctor costs,lost time,pain and suffering and future lost wages considering he's going to have to hide for quite a while for something it was judged to justified.

Yes, he'd look bad doing so but at this point how could he be perceived any worse than he already is? What's he got to lose, let's drag everything the prosecution did, everything the race baiters have done and everything the family attorney has been saying into a courtroom.

Maybe it's time to put all of them in the spotlight and see if they can stand up to all the attention and scrutiny?

It might be overkill. This would be like suing the family of a kid who broke the windshield of your BMW when his head went through it because he did not stop at the intersection and caused an accident.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I don't think Jesse Jackson or the parents had much to do with anything. An argument could be made that Sharpton defamed him. Zimmerman is not a public figure. At any rate he has a good case against NBC. Should be able to extract an apology and a couple million.

I also think he should go after Angela Corey. She called him a murderer when he has been acquitted for an agent of the state to do that it's unconscienable.
it's very well he will be outcast and it will be very hard for him to gain employment after he was "burned at the stake" by society.

He should be able to bring some heat...

I say anything to spare his livelihood, do it. A nice bonus is that he gets to rub salt in the wounds of the REAL vigilantes.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:35 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,176,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post

Was it not the parents who pushed the Sanford Police to press charges after they had already determined that there was no crime committed?

Old 07-16-2013, 09:35 AM

30,069 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post

They are going to do it anyway, despite the protection from the "stand your ground" law. He should:

1. file a civil suit against the Martins for injury from Trayvon's assault
2. continue with his suit against NBC for editing the phone message
3. ask the state to investigate the outrageous conduct of the judge
4. file suit against MSNBC for defamation (his damages can be proven, as no one will hire him now)

These witch hunts have to stop. We have had enough of Tawanna Brawley, Duke Lacross, and now Trayvon Martin.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:38 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
It might be overkill. This would be like suing the family of a kid who broke the windshield of your BMW when his head went through it because he did not stop at the intersection and caused an accident.
On this we agree. There are times, like above, when a dead pedestrian is found to be 'at fault'. Perhaps there are significant damages to the vehicle . . . usually the vehicle driver will just leave it alone. Usually. Not always. They are the smart ones - because who knows what another jury will think?

Old 07-16-2013, 09:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Unfortunately we're wayyyyy past overkill. That was hit when the state decided to slap the sitting D.A. and police chief down and force the case into the headlines.
Yes, they lost their child which is truly sad. I'd bet if you asked them and they were to give an honest answer they'd tell you that Treyvon had been warned by them many times to watch out and quit acting like a fool or it would lead to bad things.
I'd also bet if they were really honest they'd admit that they weren't surprised something like this happened.
The reason for me thinking this is that really good kids who don't get in trouble or hang out with a bad crowd rarely end up in this kind of scenario.
They knew he was heading towards trouble given the limited amount of history that's been brought out about him so far, I'd almost bet there's way more we don't know.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
That's a false analogy...

Unless you believe the kid stopped to intentionally damage the car. Or that Trayvon involuntarily punched Zimmerman in the face while trying to crack a walnut on the sidewalk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies